• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
There should be hall of shame of players who have choked to Fed in 5 sets. I say it should be located in NYC or London

Question, what did you guys think of the Karlovic game? I heard the refs were fucking him up somehow. Some kind of foot faults? What's that?
He was questioning the integrity of the line judges. A foot fault is where you cross the base line before striking the ball during your service motion.

It's very unlikely that there was any foul play. He just did a load of foot faults.

Peru

There should be hall of shame of players who have choked to Fed in 5 sets. I say it should be located in NYC or London

Everyone chokes in the fifth versus big three. It's so predictable you don't need to tune in. Well, until Nadal messd up just now.

He was questioning the integrity of the line judges. A foot fault is where you cross the base line before striking the ball during your service motion.

It's very unlikely that there was any foul play. He just did a load of foot faults.
Is he known for doing that though? Seems like 11 is an incredibly high number. Only other footfault I can remember was with one of the Williams sisters which led to her losing a final I believe.

RedAssedApe

Banned

You rarely see foot faults called in tennis. Anyone remember Serena from a few years ago?

hsin

Banned
Thank god for that. Fed did well to hang on but he really needs to work on converting BPs and keep his head in the damn game.

Speevy

Banned
Everyone chokes in the fifth versus big three..

09_roger_federer_juan_martin_del_potro_us_open_2009.jpg

Question, what did you guys think of the Karlovic game? I heard the refs were fucking him up somehow. Some kind of foot faults? What's that?

Sour grapes from Karlovic. A foot fault is when the player's foot crosses the line during service before the ball is hit. It is not surprising that Karlovic had a lot of foot faults his service action is all kinds of weird and he's so tall that it is not inconceivable for him to fault like that.

Murray outplayed him. Karlovic can serve, and that's all. The rest of his game is shit, maybe he should work on that before accusing the line judges of favouritism.

Peru

Dude does not rack up those foot fault stats normally, though, and people who watched the match say the calls looked way off at times. Favoritism or not, seems like he got sketchy calls.

I mean, if he's known for making footfaults and if it's called at other games too then I'd be willing to let it slide, but this game just sounds like it was crazy.

lucius

I just don't buy that the ref had the fix in for him or wanted just to advance Murray, this isn't France where stuff like that is more likely to happen.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Fed a game away from an exit. LOL. too good.

LOL only person not afraid of Fed is Novak ATM. Bring on the semis

LOL what an impressive win

^dripping sarcasm

Although it is not something unexpected since it is widely known how much you dislike Federer, still... your fluctuating mood from expressive jubilation when Fed is in a precarious position to immediate cynicism when Fed is winning is really amusing to see, hahaha.

Thank goodness he managed to get out from that test. Onwards to the 4th round!

Hootie

LOL I was looking through my old .gif folder and found this:

iQtkvw0yiBa2d.gif

who was that crazy anti-fed mofo who posted this? i remember that guy was hilarious

edit: oh wait it says Photo retouched by "socks", is that who it was?

Ivanovic v Goerges eh?
Saw Ivanovic was playing and thought it'd be worth watching. Then remembered how far she's fallen. Better then she has been for a little while, mind, still quite poor though.

Women's tennis is just so bad right now.

Akito

Rosol 1 set and 1 break down, doesn't look too good. Maybe we'll get an epic comeback but he'll probably just lose in 3.

She has a nice rack, probably pissed at not winning more but needs to improve her forehand stroke. This match gave me a nice tennis elbow.....
Yeah, her forehand is lethal but terrible at the same time.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Rosol two sets down. Doing a "stopper". Takes out seed in previous game before disappearing in the next round.

szaromir

Banned
WTA watch: Roland Garros quarterfinalist Shvedova won the opening set against RG finalist Errani to love, not dropping a single point (so called golden set) :O :O :O :O :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom