• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Damnit. So much fun to watch Zheng staying low on grass and duking it out.

Favorites for title so far: Kvitova > Serena > Azarenka

Igo

Serena doesn't look fit at all. I don't know if it's age or lack of tournaments but she's not nearly as nimble or powerful as she used to be.

Always love watching the Williams sisters play.

The hell? Federer just said he was laughing for 10 mins after Rafa was beaten :lol

He said something different:

Q: Roger, a lot of us have not seen a guy play the way Rosol did last night, especially in a pressure situation - how much sympathy did you feel for Rafa going down that way?

A: Well, This is not against Rafa - but it was nice to see it was still possible, because I think 15 years ago you had matches like this so much more often on the faster surfaces, that a guy could just catch fire and just run through you.
Today it's virtually impossible because you make so many more returns these days and conditions are so much slower, with the elements its so much harder to be..ummm..in that state I think, where as it was just amazing to see it was possible. Ok, he didn't play like that for 5 sets but in the 5th it was just a joke and I was laughing because of his performance for 10 minutes after that. I couldn't believe it that he pulled it off the way he did.
Of course I do feel bad for Rafa
, because it's a tough loss, its Wimbledon, it's the way things happen. You figure he was not the overwhelming favourite going into the 5th, outdoors but....we've all been unlucky and lucky over the years, playing in tough, better or worse conditions for yourself or for the opponent, that they just equal out over the course of your career really.

rando14

Looks like ESPN is airing a piece on tennis grunting.

Personally that stuff is the worst. Big reason why Sharapova sucks: "Well no one important enough has told me to stop."

MIMIC

Banned
Hell, we were ALL laughing...not at Rafa or anything, but because Rosol's performance was just so impressive and absolutely inexplicable.

But considering the connotations of the words "joke" and "laughing", it really is an odd thing for Federer to come out and say about another player. It's so easy to take that to mean something completely different.

Peru

Yeah if you really want to read it in a different way, sure. And I know you do.

Fed can be a bit arrogant in pressers but it was pretty obvious what he meant here was just praise.

Seven slam winners in women's 4R.

clemenx

Banned
Goffin I am disappoint.

Also, Roger didn't mean anything bad there because he was talking about a Nadal match. If he was talking about Djokovic then yes. It's really that simple with him.

MIMIC

Banned
Goffin I am disappoint.

Also, Roger didn't mean anything bad there because he was talking about a Nadal match. If he was talking about Djokovic then yes. It's really that simple with him.

If he said that against Novak, my voodoo dolls would be working overtime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom