• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Murray got some horrible calls against Tsonga in the semi too - must be hard as fuck to call properly when the ball is travelling so fast though.

bud

I don't get how bipartisan the crowd are, they all sit there with their satires and union jacks but still cheer a Fed point.

Wouldn't mind a bit more atmosphere.

I'm Scottish, wouldn't find me cheering a Fed point.

it's pretty obvious that they're more vocal when murray wins a point, though.

I don't get how bipartisan the crowd are, they all sit there with their satires and union jacks but still cheer a Fed point.

Wouldn't mind a bit more atmosphere.

I'm Scottish, wouldn't find me cheering a Fed point.

Was saying that earlier to someone, only in tennis. Anything else and they would be right against the foreign player.

mclem

Well, it is the final. You'd hope people who fork out tens of thousands of pounds for a seat would have a reasonable level of respect for both players!
And, let's be honest, other than being annoyingly good at the sport, Federer's rather likable.

Not really. Murray has won quite a few points on Federer's serve, and obviously broken twice.

"Reasonably".

Really, it's just because the last couple of Murray games seemed to go on for an eternity. Playing Dragon Quest IV at the same time and it's amusing to see the match seemingly go "slower" than the match. =P

Great saves under pressure right now.

Federer 19 to 6 in unforced errors? Hmmmmmmmm.

jett

D-Member
Federror is going to have to hit the turbo button to win this one, these games are too close for his own good.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
What a waste from Murray. He should have nailed that forehand at break point.

MIMIC

Banned
Murray got some horrible calls against Tsonga in the semi too - must be hard as fuck to call properly when the ball is travelling so fast though.

Yeah, I've been noticing quite a few bad calls this tournament.

Not to mention Ivo's foot faulting. lol

PaulLFC

Example: In an "incorrect" line call, the point will be replayed. It's a hindrance to both players.

EDIT: Forget what I just said. it was replayed because Murray had a play on it. 100% of umpires would replay that
Yep, if the shot is returned it's replay the point. I've seen a couple this tournament that would have been points on the challenge if they hadn't been returned.

Mastadon

Banned
Yeah, I've been noticing quite a few bad calls this tournament.

Not to mention Ivo's foot faulting. lol

Amazing to think how different things could be if we had hawkeye 20 years ago. Imagine the amount of wrong calls that have taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom