• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships 2012 at [WIMBLEDON]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed needs to do a lot more on his returning. At 30-all he actually went for it on his BH return, caught Murray off guard. On the BP, he went for that crappy short slice BH return and Murray didn't fall for it. He has to be more aggressive on BPs, it's Murray's 2nd serve.

MIMIC

Banned
The challenged point that was shown to be in, Federer didn't get the 15 for some reason.

Gotcha. Like someone else said, since Murray got his racket on the ball, the point is replayed. The argument is that the "out" call by the linesman distracted the player (Murray), so awarding the point to Federer would have been "unfair".

Like I said before, 99% of the time, the point will always be replayed if the player gets their racket on the ball.

Awesome

Banned
Gotcha. Like someone else said, since Murray got his racket on the ball, the point is replayed. The argument is that the "out" call distracted the player, so awarding the point to Federer would have been "unfair".

Like I said before, 99% of the time, the point will always be replayed if the player gets their racket on the ball.

That's a crappy rule that can cost players matches.

Federer is letting Murray off on the 2nd serves. I mean he's still winning a lot of points on it but not the big ones. Only a matter of time..

MIMIC

Banned
That's a crappy rule that can cost players matches.

It's at the umpire's discretion. Some umpires would have awarded the point to Fed.

Replaying the point just keeps it simple, and most players don't make a fuss about it (since they have benefited from rulings like that)

LegoArmo

Murray is holding really well under pressure. It shouldn't be getting to that point, he needs to improve his serves, but still.

At least every Murray game has been a tussle while Federer's serving games have been reasonably straight-forward. The tennis scoring system is so cruel.

MIMIC

Banned
The referee being able to choose whether to give points or not.

Well they're usually very fair about it. The umpires are usually great with calls, and there aren't too many objections (by either side).

But yeah....in tennis, it comes down to discretion with those types of things.

cackhyena

NBC no longer has the TV rights to Wimbledon. The match is on ESPN's main channel
Interesting. I switched to ESPN from ESPN 3 and then it was asking me to go through a provider thing. So the screen is paused byt I can still hear the audio from the McEnroes. Weird. Guess I'm stuck with what might be the most boring announcers in tennis history here.

Awesome

Banned
Well they're usually very fair about it. The umpires are usually great with calls, and there aren't too many objections (by either side).

But yeah....in tennis, it comes down to discretion with those types of things.

I learn something new every time I watch tennis, it's a great sport.

One of the worse ones was a couple of years ago when Nadal was playing Soderling. I still remember Nadals reaction, "Pascal!? What are you saying!!?".

Nice easy hold for Murray, needed that.

MIMIC

Banned
Example: In an "incorrect" line call, the point will be replayed. It's a hindrance to both players.

EDIT: Forget what I just said. it was replayed because Murray had a play on it. 100% of umpires would replay that

I don't get how bipartisan the crowd are, they all sit there with their satires and union jacks but still cheer a Fed point.

Wouldn't mind a bit more atmosphere.

I'm Scottish, wouldn't find me cheering a Fed point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom