• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Criterion Collection in 2017: All Fancy Movie GAF Releases Welcome!

overcast

Damn, the 20% off coupon doesn't work online.

Might still give it a shot in store tomorrow. Either doing Del toro trilogy or just Blood Simple. Most likely the latter and grabbing Punch Drunk Love (or squid and the whale) later this month.

Kinda tempted to pull the trigger on the zatoichi box at B&N...idk tho that might be samurai overkill with Lone Wolf and Cub getting here on tuesday....

Mumei

Damn, the 20% off coupon doesn't work online.

Might still give it a shot in store tomorrow. Either doing Del toro trilogy or just Blood Simple. Most likely the latter and grabbing Punch Drunk Love (or squid and the whale) later this month.

It didn't work for me, if you got the same one I did. :|

My 20% off coupons wouldn't apply to the criterions but luckily the cashier punched in the codes, so I pulled the trigger on zatoichi since Ill never get it for cheaper. Also got mcbabe and mrs miller.

Hey guys just want to let you know that Barnes and Noble accepted my 20 percent off coupons in store. I tried earlier and they didn't work, I don't know if they changed their policy or what, but I got a blu for 15 and it feels great.

I forgot I pre-ordered the Lone Wolf and Cub set for cheap a few months back. Was planning on sitting out on Criterions this quarter, but I guess they'll get money from me anyway :D

Yea my Lone Wolf set just shipped. Between this and the zatoichi box...holy fuuuuck I bought too many samurai movies.

Hey guys just want to let you know that Barnes and Noble accepted my 20 percent off coupons in store. I tried earlier and they didn't work, I don't know if they changed their policy or what, but I got a blu for 15 and it feels great.

Mine did too. Zatoichi for $70 was too good to pass. Or so I tell myself.

Mumei

My 20% off coupons wouldn't apply to the criterions but luckily the cashier punched in the codes, so I pulled the trigger on zatoichi since Ill never get it for cheaper. Also got mcbabe and mrs miller.

My cashier very obnoxiously read the fine print *aloud* before bothering to even try to enter it, and when she came across a clause where it wouldn't apply apologized without even trying.

Tch.

Easily worth $70. It's a great set.

Watched the first one and instantly fell in love with the character, so I think it'll be a good time. Amazing packaging too.

My cashier very obnoxiously read the fine print *aloud* before bothering to even try to enter it, and when she came across a clause where it wouldn't apply apologized without even trying.

Tch.

That sucks. I could have sworn the fine print on the mail in coupon didn't mention criterions. It didn't scan though so they definitely aren't supposed to apply. When I worked there we were told explicitly not to punch in the coupon codes to override it, but the guy at my register did thank gawd.

Fjordson

Shit I totally forgot Lone Wolf & Cub was out tomorrow. Amazon just shipped my set this morning!

Looks like they honored the weird $40 price also lol.

overcast

It didn't work for me, if you got the same one I did. :|
Yup. No luck on that one the other day. Would have grabbed the Del Toro trilogy with that, but just went for Blood Simple.

Disappointing that they seem to be keeping a closer eye on these coupons during the sales.

TheFlow

Banned
not sure on what I want to get

I know I want:

dreams

fantastic mr.fox

pans labyrinth.

that zatoichi box set looks amazing but didn't really care to much for the movies.

Fjordson

Man the Zatoichi packaging is pretty dope. Can't wait to watch these.

And it came with an actual booklet! Not a lame poster with a few paragraphs, but like a proper, surprisingly thick book

edit: wtf...totally meant Lone Wolf & Cub, not Zatoichi. Got my samurais mixed up.

Man the Zatoichi packaging is pretty dope. Can't wait to watch these.

And it came with an actual booklet! Not a lame poster with a few paragraphs, but like a proper, surprisingly thick book

edit: wtf...totally meant Lone Wolf & Cub, not Zatoichi. Got my samurais mixed up.

racist
jk

Fjordson

racist
jk
lol I think my brain is just fried after staying up last night.

Though my Zatoichi set also has a book and super nice packaging!

91rPt8%2BCYJL._SL1500_.jpg

IronRinn

How obsessive do you guys get about booklets and inserts? My Lone Wolf and Cub booklet has a big ol' crease in the cover and I'm wondering if I should even bother returning it and getting a replacement.

cj_iwakura

How obsessive do you guys get about booklets and inserts? My Lone Wolf and Cub booklet has big ol' crease in the cover and I'm wondering if I should even bother returning it and getting a replacement.

Nah. As long as it's intact, I'm good. If it's torn, that's a different story.

Fjordson

How obsessive do you guys get about booklets and inserts? My Lone Wolf and Cub booklet has big ol' crease in the cover and I'm wondering if I should even bother returning it and getting a replacement.
If it's intact and readable then I'd personally let it slide. Won't be able to see it when you're displaying it on a shelf either.

Not that I'd blame you for getting a replacement, though. Stuff like that is annoying.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok you guys have sold me on the lone wolf set and zatoichi because it is soo damn pretty.

I went to my local B&N to see what they had instore. All the ones I wanted but "Dreams" was not available :/. gotta order online.

is the Guillermo del Toro box set worth it? all I want is pans, but I never saw the other two

omgkitty

Ok you guys have sold me on the lone wolf set and zatoichi because it is soo damn pretty.

I went to my local B&N to see what they had instore. All the ones I wanted but "Dreams" was not available :/. gotta order online.

is the Guillermo del Toro box set worth it? all I want is pans, but I never saw the other two

Dreams isn't out until next week.

IronRinn

Nah. As long as it's intact, I'm good. If it's torn, that's a different story.

If it's intact and readable then I'd personally let it slide. Won't be able to see it when you're displaying it on a shelf either.

Not that I'd blame you for getting a replacement, though. Stuff like that is annoying.
Good points. Gonna sit with it a bit and may give Amazon a shot and see if it will be a hassle if I find I'm too annoyed by it. Damn OCD.

Yeah. Devil's Backbone is just as good as Pan's, if not better. Cronos is pretty good, nothing great, but all 3 are loaded with amazing special features and the packaging is dope.

Whoops.

I forgot about that Lone Wolf and Cub Box Set I pre ordered because of the Amazonk price mix up. Looks like it stayed at $40 and is now on my desk.

Cool?

Top Bottom