• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - created by Rachel Bloom, Mondays 8/7c

I want that in the long run, but I'm ok with them taking her on a kooky journey as long as they can sell her thought processes to me along the way.

anaron

I think 18 episodes is a good halfway point for both shows quality wise if they get full season renewals.

Especially for 'crazy' seeing as how much goes into it with the songs and dances.

Pedowitz must know he has something special with this show.
Let's hope the critical love train continues too and more people watch it. I feel the critical love is all that is keeping Jane the Virgin on with the ratings it has.
CW owns my Mondays (except Supergirl, which is a CW cousin anyways). I can't bear to lose part of it.

Another amazing episode. The "sexy French depression" song is a devilishly dark delight
lol.gif

I think the thing I loved the most about this episode was that it was
the first major time you see Rebecca help Paula with her life. She's seen and heard about a lot of her unhappy marriage, but hasn't done much but observe while Paula gives Rebecca earnest (but often unhelpful and occasionally selfish) advice. This is the first time the shoe went on the other foot, and it was surprising seeing it right after Rebecca has what I'd call a new personal low in West Covina. Seeing her get blown away with Heather was also a highlight.

Zoe

Ugggh, I was slightly behind on live watching, and it turns out the DVR messed up and cut out 99% of Dr Phil's appearance, the first appearance of the therapist, the client dinner, the first scene with the boys, and Rebecca's all-nighter.

No wonder the following scene with Heather seemed abrupt >_<

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Ugggh, I was slightly behind on live watching, and it turns out the DVR messed up and cut out 99% of Dr Phil's appearance, the first appearance of the therapist, the client dinner, the first scene with the boys, and Rebecca's all-nighter.

No wonder the following scene with Heather seemed abrupt >_<

Zoe pls

time to load up that CW app

dLMN8R

That episode basically confirmed this show's status as the best new show of the year!

My wife and I lost it at the discussion with Josh's friend.

anaron

the first major time you see Rebecca help Paula with her life. She's seen and heard about a lot of her unhappy marriage, but hasn't done much but observe while Paula gives Rebecca earnest (but often unhelpful and occasionally selfish) advice. This is the first time the shoe went on the other foot, and it was surprising seeing it right after Rebecca has what I'd call a new personal low in West Covina. Seeing her get blown away with Heather was also a highlight.

totally agreed about Paula.

I'm so glad the show had the characters directly acknowledge how Paula was living vicariously through Rebecca and resolve it within the same episode.

It reaffirmed a genuine friendship instead of potentially having Paula be a user.

Zoe

I just hope at some point Rebecca realizes how much she's been neglecting Paula. Paula keeps reaching out to do bff-y things, but she always gets turned down.

Meier

YAAAAAAAAY

*hugs cxg and izombie gaf*

My wife is super excited about this. I haven't watched all of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend with her but have really enjoyed what I've seen. Fantastic show. I've been tweeting and posting on FB telling people to watch.

Wouldn't dare miss a moment of iZombie though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Come January I'll be watching 6 CW shows.

Like, when the shit did this happen.

beat

the first major time you see Rebecca help Paula with her life.
Why was this spoilered? Anyways, it's the second time if you count Rebecca coaching Paula's through preventing her kid from getting kicked out / transferred.

(stupid smartphone autocorrect)

I don't know whether to be disappointed or to applaud the restraint of not doing the Jefferson Airplane-ish number around that pill-from-the-bathroom-floor-next-to-the-toilet. All elements were there, white rabbits even! The background music certainly alluded to it.

...maybe it's subtler that way. Still, I'd have loved to hear Rachel's interpretation.

Why was this spoilered? Anyways, it's the second time if you count Rebecca coaching Paul's through preventing her kid from getting kicked out / transferred.
Oh, damn I forgot about that incident. That's a great point. I think my mind was more on the sparkless marriage but Rebecca really did Paula a solid with the principal.

Just finished the newest episode. It was both one of the best episodes yet, and the worst episode yet. I didn't laugh nearly as much as any episode before, and the songs weren't as good, but it was a wonderful episode for strengthening the characters (except for Greg. This episode didn't do anything for him, while the last one was his character growth one). It humanized just about everyone in some way, except for Valencia.

In the end, I just kind of felt bad for everyone after this one. Josh is putting the pussy on a pedestal, Rebecca is in denial about her severe issues, and Paula is also in denial that her marriage is horrible. At least Paula is coming to the realization that she needs to change things up. And I like how Rachel came to her rescue at the last moment.

This show needs to survive. And more people need to watch it.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
At Josh seems to be realizing that maybe Valencia isn't the best choice. Rachel might slowly be realizing she needs some help, too, if she keeps seeing the psychiatrist. (I wonder if she'll be a recurring character now, BTW.)

ivysaur12

Banned
White Josh >>>>>>>>

that's all.

Also, this was probably the darkest episode yet, and most likely closer to what we'd get if the show was still on Showtime. The subject matter that they're dealing with is closer to something like Enlightened than anything else on TV right now, save for maybe Homeland, I guess?

Coincidentally, this was the least funny episode yet, so I guess you could say it really is like a Showtime comedy.

Trident

Loaded With Aspartame
White Josh >>>>>>>>

that's all.

Also, this was probably the darkest episode yet, and most likely closer to what we'd get if the show was still on Showtime. The subject matter that they're dealing with is closer to something like Enlightened than anything else on TV right now, save for maybe Homeland, I guess?

Coincidentally, this was the least funny episode yet, so I guess you could say it really is like a Showtime comedy.

Really? I thought this episode was hilarious. I was laughing the whole way through.

ivysaur12

Banned
Really? I thought this episode was hilarious. I was laughing the whole way through.

The show has a pretty sitcom-y cadence. This episode did not. That doesn't mean there weren't funny parts, but I would say it was one of its least funny outings (and two of its worst songs).

totally agreed about Paula.

I'm so glad the show had the characters directly acknowledge how Paula was living vicariously through Rebecca and resolve it within the same episode.

It reaffirmed a genuine friendship instead of potentially having Paula be a user.

Yeah I was pretty ready to further say that Paula is an unhealthy friendship for Rebecca to have (and it still might be, the only thing really keeping her from even trying to get over Josh is Paula, I mean her rock bottom this week came from Paul's urgings) but the end at least made a case that they could be good for eachother someday.

As someone who has been very amused/loved this show, I say:

What the HELL was the newest episode?

It was so bad. That was some awkward, glacial, boring and bad shit. Yikes. I wanted to turn it off 5 times. Here's hoping the show gets back on it's feet next week.

NewFresh

As someone who has been very amused/loved this show, I say:

What the HELL was the newest episode?

It was so bad. That was some awkward, glacial, boring and bad shit. Yikes. I wanted to turn it off 5 times. Here's hoping the show gets back on it's feet next week.

What? Maybe it's because I travel a lot for a living...but that elite/premier song slayed me.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
What? The newest episode was great. Those lyrics in the Sexy French Depression song really hit home. The whole episode was a pretty great representation of mental illness for a network TV show.

I love this show and am (mostly) not afraid to tell people that.

I think a lot of it is that I just relate to Becca on a lot of things.

Top Bottom