• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
macgyver_bigger.gif

Make do with the shitty earpiece that comes with the PS4? :p

Speaking of that, are cheap pack-in headphones purposely uncomfortable to push people to buy better ones? The ones that come with the PS4 are a terrible fit for my ear, the earpiece kind of just balances on the crook and feels like it will fall off with the slightest head movement.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yes. On every front.
Nah man.
oops wrong thread...
0d850675a0b63d5cf1046e591c5de8e0ae2d11758e21f200702dfb5e0e99f798.jpg

I left this thread for one second... Only to be trolled by the thread "Destiny (PS4) is F2P"

Not F2P but FTP

Speaking of that, are cheap pack-in headphones purposely uncomfortable to push people to buy better ones? The ones that come with the PS4 are a terrible fit for my ear, the earpiece kind of just balances on the crook and feels like it will fall off with the slightest head movement.

P7nj7yS.gif

Yes. On every front.

Just out of curiosity what exactly did it teach you? That's one of my gripes that it had literally zero valuable information.

- Black Friday virus
- Division gets activated to restore law & order
- Bunch of running around and shooting stuff
- Run off into distance to do more Agent stuff

Nothing else of value was touched upon by the movie.

Well one thing I really found interesting was getting a better understanding for what made The Cleaners tick. Or how Division agents wear contact lenses, stuff like that. Or they might even be retinal implants, but they aren't actual holograms that's for sure.

I guess I just liked revisiting the general Division vibe. Oh yeah, regarding running into the distance for 'agent stuff' see my previous post for a deeper analysis on that. There is also that explosion that might tie into the opening of The Division.

Yeah

Was shitting it when taking it out of the plastic wrapper, having heard how fragile they are.
They're great for the price and sound pretty good to me, even use them to listen to music when working at home. I've had mine since release and no cracks (just handle them carefully and they'll be fine). Although I use normal ear buds as well if on a quick session or the wifey is in the room as leave 1 out so I can hear her give me grief ha ha.

Papilloma

Just bought an Xbox Elite controller to go with my Gold digital edition. I think I may have got a little over excited. Roll on the 8th.....

They're great for the price and sound pretty good to me, even use them to listen to music when working at home. I've had mine since release and no cracks (just handle them carefully and they'll be fine). Although I use normal ear buds as well if on a quick session or the wifey is in the room as leave 1 out so I can hear her give me grief ha ha.

Is the 8 hour battery life a reliable number?

Someone else told me to make sure to pick them up from the top every time, and not from the earcup.

Hopefully can talk on Dota at last, been playing it for like 2 and a half years with no voice comms now.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Someone else told me to make sure to pick them up from the top every time, and not from the earcup.

Hopefully can talk on Dota at last, been playing it for like 2 and a half years with no voice comms now.

Worst case scenario you can get a long USB cable so you can charge it while using it i guess.

Tovarisc

Duct Tape, duh.

They are just as cheap as they come, nothing more to it really. For some they are good enough and some will want something higher quality, but they are so cheap so they can be purchased in thousands for low cost and bundled with console.

Sennheiser HD595's been my headphone selection for years now, love me some quality headphones. Surprisingly high quality too when it comes to durability, no cracks etc. even when at times I have been sloppy with handling of these.

Ushay

I'd love to know where the story will go once the virus is dealt with? Spread to another city? Please don't do Zombies..

Tovarisc

I'd love to know where the story will go once the virus is dealt with? Spread to another city? Please don't do Zombies..

Devs have said NO to zombies.

Also pandemic is global already when our Agents get activated, New York isn't only city in deep shit with smallpox chimera. There is no clean way to deal or contain it anymore. This can be put together from few radio broadcasts in safe house in beta plus dialogue heard in IGN First videos.

I cant say as dont get 8 hour sessions anymore but they do seem to hold a good charge. If all else fails you can use the 3.5mm cord that comes with it and plug it into the ds4, although the ds4 will die before the headset.

If they are folded dont let the folded cup drop down into position. I usually hold them by the cups, but just be gentle however you hold them and you'll be fine.

Has anyone noticed that the Rainbow Six Siege unlockable cosmetic is a shirt? If you look at the unlockable Division brown leather jacket the character is wearing the Siege unlockable shirt underneath it.

For some odd reason I thought the Rainbow Six Siege cosmetic was outerwear

Tovarisc

Has anyone noticed that the Rainbow Six Siege unlockable cosmetic is a shirt? If you look at the unlockable Division brown leather jacket the character is wearing the Siege unlockable shirt underneath it.

For some odd reason I thought the Rainbow Six Siege cosmetic was outerwear

Yeah, it's R6 shirt with R6 logo on the sleeve.

afaik

Besides, why you would even wear jacket in Division? 9 out of 10 were rather ugly.

Tecnniqe is going cray cray, should we get her some help? Banging head to walls...

Yeah, it's R6 shirt with R6 logo on the sleeve.

afaik

Besides, why you would even wear jacket in Division? 9 out of 10 were rather ugly.

Tecnniqe is going cray cray, should we get her some help? Banging head to walls...

Division End Game is all about fashion.

Gryph

Massive is just dedicated to realism. You think someone is going to trade you a high fashion jacket for a power bar?

Seriously though I really dug the dirty, used look of some of the clothes.

Division End Game is all about fashion.

Collecting jackets and hats. Number one reason I miss this game.

Seeing that light blue color pop up on a loot drop? Gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Can't wait to dress up my super fashionable G.I. Joe doll...

Remember, The Division Gold Edition is only $99.99 before sales, and even if you end up not liking the game, you are helping to support a new Ubisoft that understands its company will not implode if they don't release a new Assassin's Creed every year.

Tovarisc

Massive is just dedicated to realism. You think someone is going to trade you a high fashion jacket for a power bar?

Seriously though I really dug the dirty, used look of some of the clothes.

Some stuff was cool. I found combo of shirt + pants + shows that I really liked. In release I'm looking towards using National Guard pants + boots for bottom part and mix it with something different on upper body.

The Division |OT| Fashion Week in Manhattan

The Division |OT| Victoria's Secret & Smallpox are in the town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom