• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you'll get the code once they actually have them to hand out...should be sometime by the end of next week for preloading

I got Far Cry Primal from them and they had codes yesterday in time to get it ready by Tuesday...I'd imagine it'd be the same for The Division

Awesome. Figured as much but good to get confirmation.

Tecnniqe

Banned
We all know the OT's gonna be "Two Girls One Extract"

Even the header is ready and everything.
QqYgDKP.png

It was said so 50 pages back :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Edit: seeing as the PS4 version is MINIMUM 40GB do you think the PC version will hit 50+?

Seems likely to me.

While waiting for The Division decided to tackle an old game in my steam library and finished Spec Ops: The Line last night. Combat was meh but the story was pretty interesting especially towards the ending.

What to do next... MGSV:TPP or Far Cry Primal cause I'm really bored. March 8 can't come soon enough!

Tovarisc

Edit: seeing as the PS4 version is MINIMUM 40GB do you think the PC version will hit 50+?

Seems likely to me.

Nope, see below. Beta was under 30GB.

And here are the recommended specs:
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, AMD FX-8350 or better
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD Radeon R9 290 or better
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 40 GB of space available
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/22/the-division-pc-system-requirements-revealed

Tecnniqe

Banned
While waiting for The Division decided to tackle an old game in my steam library and finished Spec Ops: The Line last night. Combat was meh but the story was pretty interesting especially towards the ending.

What to do next... MGSV:TPP or Far Cry Primal cause I'm really bored. March 8 can't come soon enough!

Gameplay in MGS is really good, also looks fantastic in 4k. Story is pretty cool. Love Quiet :D

Just finished a few MGO matches and that shits boring as hell so i cant really recommend it.
Might just be me but going 15-3 or something my first match ever vs high levels makes me think the game is 'meh' factor at best.
So PC and PS4 got the same file size?

Hmmm.
I would think higher res textures and stuff would bump it quite a bit + day 1 patch.

Se_7_eN

Exactly what I am doing, tackling the backlog... The Line was a pretty damn good game, exactly for the reasons you pointed out. The story
(by the end of it) made you feel pretty shitty about yourself.

Currently playing through Life is Strange, it is fun being a young teenage girl.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Exactly what I am doing, tackling the backlog... The Line was a pretty damn good game, exactly for the reasons you pointed out. The story
(by the end of it) made you feel pretty shitty about yourself.

Currently playing through Life is Strange, it is fun being a young teenage girl.

crazy-talk.gif

Ammogeddon

Anyone recommend where to preorder the PS4 gold edition in the UK so it arrives tout de suite?

I currently have the standard version on preorder through Shopto. They don't do the gold edition :(

Lima

Anyone recommend where to preorder the PS4 gold edition in the UK so it arrives tout de suite?

I currently have the standard version on preorder through Shopto. They don't do the gold edition :(

Why are you terrible?

Don't buy on disc. Especially not a game like this that you will keep going back to.

I am trying to preorder the gold edition from Best Buy and I even called customer service to help me out. They pretty much told me it isn't available to be shipped to my area... What the hell, I don't live in the middle of nowhere. I am at school Indiana University. Has anyone else had any issues? I tried in store also and no go.

Edit: Now it is saying it is sold out... I may just have to purchase the regular edition and get the DLC later. I know you save money by buying the bundled edition, but no way I miss out on the release.

Se_7_eN

This might sound crazy but.... Why not just get the Gold version off PSN?

Even crazier... Get this for all your PSN purchases.
Playstation-Visa.png

Tie that to your PSN account, make one purchase and you get a free game... Make a few more and you get another free game!

Ammogeddon

This might sound crazy but.... Why not just get the Gold version off PSN?

This isn't the kinda of game you will be swapping discs on.

I know, I know, I am tempted. A couple of things really. To a lesser extent price but mainly because my broadband is super slow, like 1.5mbps. It would take a couple of days to download and I want to be playing it day one (yes I'm impatient).

Do we know if it's going to be a preload on PSN yet? If it is when would it likely start?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I know, I know, I am tempted. A couple of things really. To a lesser extent price but mainly because my broadband is super slow, like 1.5mbps. It would take a couple of days to download and I want to be playing it day one (yes I'm impatient).

Do we know if it's going to be a preload on PSN yet? If it is when would it likely start?

~2 days before launch is the usual the one for PSN i think

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Looking back at old E3 dark zone footage I think Ubi and Massive did a great job showing how people might actually talk in the dark zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gAdM9rd_tI

They even threw a Wilhelm scream in there.

People said the tactical talk (actors) was unreal from the other trailers and then you go watch SideStrafe play it and he does exactly like they did.

Really depends how your group is.

Pretty much. I was talking like this constantly in my groups.

Watching that video makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.... March 8th can't come soon enough (and I got 2 weeks vacation starting the 7th! 😁).

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well i wonder how much we can customize the look of the game outside of the game settings, like SweetFX and all that stuff.

Always find those tools scary in MP games since they still inject into the game itself right?

However SweetFX things can do wonders for certain games.

Tovarisc

Well i wonder how much we can customize the look of the game outside of the game settings, like SweetFX and all that stuff.

Always find those tools scary in MP games since they still inject into the game itself right?

However SweetFX things can do wonders for certain games.

SweetFX / Reshade stuff should be safe to run. Ran that stuff on few MMO's, BF4 MP etc. and not once gotten into issues with cheat detection systems.

Zetty

Neo Member
People said the tactical talk (actors) was unreal from the other trailers and then you go watch SideStrafe play it and he does exactly like they did.

Shouldn't have been talking in prox chat though :p

Tecnniqe

Banned
SweetFX / Reshade stuff should be safe to run. Ran that stuff on few MMO's, BF4 MP etc. and not once gotten into issues with cheat detection systems.

Depends what AC they run if it pick up on it or not.

If its FF in Division there's no worries, but if they have something else or custom built it could be a problem.

Also is the jacket we can unlock for uCoins the same as we see the "player" character in those trailers have equipped?

SomTervo

Spec Ops' combat is uninteresting/run-of-the-mill intentionally :) for several potential reasons. To show how detached your character is from the violence, to invoke the tedium/repetition of war, or to make the "videogaminess" of the action more obvious.

Play MGSV TPP. One of the biggest timesinks ever, with amazing gameplay. Only game which holds my attention during this brutal wait...

Tainted

I just watched a couple of those vids and the chat is fairly unrealistic. Eg talking full on strategies for 5mins for killing 3 NPCs...when in real life, there would be minimal chatter at all and everyone would jsut start fighting

Then in another video one of the players groans in pain as he is killed, as he was actually feeling it in the comfort of his living room...that bit made me laugh

Its cool to hear though, i'd like to hear a bit more role playing in voice chat. Im sure there are people out there who did it, I just don't think it's common esp in a gmae like this.

Gryph

Then in another video one of the players groans in pain as he is killed, as he was actually feeling it in the comfort of his living room...that bit made me laugh

He probably had some sweet track pants in his contaminated pack... I feel his pain.

Tovarisc

Also is the jacket we can unlock for uCoins the same as we see the "player" character in those trailers have equipped?

Yeah, that "iconic Division jacket" should be that brown jacket seen on PC in E3 2015 DZ video.

Edit:
Its cool to hear though, i'd like to hear a bit more role playing in voice chat. Im sure there are people out there who did it, I just don't think it's common esp in a gmae like this.

I downed random rogue during open beta and as I ran over to finish him off with melee he started to beg for his life over proxy. It was... weird moment.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yeah, that "iconic Division jacket" should be that brown jacket seen on PC in E3 2015 DZ video.

Cool.

Still super on the fence if i should go male like i did in the beta and make super badass asian dude, or female ponytail lady.

What to do. What to do.

Like how does the items look on female versus male? Are there clipping issues with longer hair?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Tovarisc

Still super on the fence if i should go male like i did in the beta and make super badass asian dude, or female ponytail lady.

What to do. What to do.

Like how does the items look on female versus male? Are there clipping issues with longer hair?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Female, redhead, high ponytail with possibility of some piercing action.

Man im hoping this week flys bye quickly. Trying to clear some of my backlog but can only think about playing this game. At least Witcher 3 is keeping me busy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom