• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck this game, ruined everything!

Indeed, I can't play anything else, everything is so damn booooring
image.php

Mystery

Just a heads up guys. I'm getting a new Nvidia card soon and will be selling / trading The Division code that comes with it.

I want either Rise Of The Tomb Raider, The Witness, or cash.

Let me know if anyone's interested. Thanks!
Are you getting it before release? And how much are you asking?

Raide

I really do hope The Division sells really well because I would love to see them expand into The Division: London Branch or The Division: Tokyo Branch. I think The Division the ripe for an MMO style expansion pack. I just hope Ubi play it right.

Mullah88

if it hasnt been mentioned yet, on uplay you can unlock weapon skins, outfits, dz keys and vendor points with uplay currency. took a couple of screen grabs, used up all my points

Untitled_zpspnymtkks.png

dev2_zpshr2sch8c.png

The atmosphere was amazing during heavy snow, the way the lights dispersed etc was pure wizardry. It reminded me of 9 months of the year here in Canada lol

I really like that there is matchmaking for everything, Destiny was pretentious as fuck for not allowing people ways to play together or even assemble and it will be nice doing encounters that don't revolve around jumping on platforms 90% of the time lmfao!

On a side note I went to pre-order the gold edition on PSN last night (since the microtransaction thing seems safe now) and the stupid shit wouldn't take my Visas (tried 3), Mastercard or paypal /facepalm soooo hopefully it was a glitch on their end since I buy things weekly on there without issues.

bjaelke

I just hope Ubi play it right.

They seem to be aware of the need to support the game post-launch.
Within the post-launch content for Tom Clancy’s the Division, several free updates, new features and functionality, as well as three major expansions are planned to provide a renewed gameplay experience for players on all platforms.

Plot twist - the first area of the game is actually Brooklyn.

beLIEve!

It's not really a twist, I mean what else could it be? It just has to be. Would be weird if they worked on Brooklyn all that time just to completely ditch it and then add another area that's not Manhattan.

Regarding the leveling, it's also thinkable that during the initial phase of the tutorial area you don't even acquire XP.

One major hint that Brooklyn is still in the game is located in one of the most recent trailers, aptly named Agent Journey. The trailer seems to be, at least initially, in some sort of chronological order. You'll notice that from ~0:21 that the agent is located in Brooklyn, and from there we see Camp Hudson, the base of operations and so on.

https://youtu.be/s4kWQFDLnU0?t=21s

One last thing that is worth mentioning is that at the end of the live action The Division Agent Origins the agents receive the keys to a weapons cache from a police officer. The initial reveal of The Division showed agents headed to a police station, basically making their way to the weapons room. I think that all these facts heavily suggest that Brooklyn is still very much relevant to the story of The Division.

thebloo

I'm willing to bet that the season pass stuff will be account locked. Won't matter between regions, only the psn account that purchased it will be able to play it. I'm interested in how its going to play out since Ubisoft have done this before without much backlash. If this game turns out huge, I can see said backlash coming.

They didn't do it for Assassin's Creed Syndicate. It worked ok on my side. Afaik, they only did it for The Crew and that had a weird expansion.

komplanen

Agent origins was bad?

Yes. On every front.

I didn't think it was too bad. I rather enjoyed it actually. Probably because I liked learning more about the setting of The Division.

Just out of curiosity what exactly did it teach you? That's one of my gripes that it had literally zero valuable information.

- Black Friday virus
- Division gets activated to restore law & order
- Bunch of running around and shooting stuff
- Run off into distance to do more Agent stuff

Nothing else of value was touched upon by the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom