• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripterion

Got several people who added me on Uplay, cool! Let's roll in the DZ on launch day!

giphy.gif

Guys, PS4 related question: I preordered the Gold Edition on my brazilian psn account, but I play my games on my US account (that I have since PS3 launch). Is it safe to assume that I will not access the season pass in my US account?

I was already thinking of start using my BR psn account, since psn+ now is half the price compared to the US price (due to the US$ being more than 4 BRL these days), but I have a lot of these ubisoft points in my US account :(

bjaelke

Should I get some prompt? Page asked me to log in, I did and tab just closed itself. When I reopen the page it asks me to login, again.

Edit: I live in EU

Try a different browser (Firefox also forced the tab to close on me).

"thank you for signing up!

Your exclusive weapon skin will be available in tom clancy's the division after march 15, 2016"

Guys, PS4 related question: I preordered the Gold Edition on my brazilian psn account, but I play my games on my US account (that I have since PS3 launch). Is it safe to assume that I will not access the season pass in my US account?

I was already thinking of start using my BR psn account, since psn+ now is half the price compared to the US price (due to the US$ being more than 4 BRL these days), but I have a lot of these ubisoft points in my US account :(

I have heard mixed things, I don't think anyone except for someone at Ubisoft or Sony can give you a definitive answer until after the game is launched.

Klyka

Banned
So what's everyone's favorite role going to be?

I think I'll be very happy as a healer/support with an LMG to suppress enemies (and thereby reduce the damage on my team) and a shotgun to take care of any flankers/rushers on my team.

I'll basically sit in the middle of my team and do all my stuff from there.

Should I get some prompt? Page asked me to log in, I did and tab just closed itself. When I reopen the page it asks me to login, again.

Edit: I live in EU

Same happened to me so I did it again and noticed that before it closes it very quickly acknowledges your success, so hopefully should be ok.

Tovarisc

I think I'll be very happy as a healer/support with an LMG to suppress enemies (and thereby reduce the damage on my team) and a shotgun to take care of any flankers/rushers on my team.

I think it's very cool of you to volunteer into such role and accept the fact that every death and party wide wipe is always yours, and only yours, fault. Klyka, you are such a bro!

m4st4

Same. I'll be George Costanza of Division (cue: laughter).

nfJoJXV.gif

healer/dps assault rifle and sniper rifle or marksman rifle that would be a good mid range / long range build

Klyka

Banned
I think it's very cool of you to volunteer into such role and accept the fact that every death and party wide wipe is always yours, and only yours, fault. Klyka, you are such a bro!

I'm used to taking important roles in groups, so it's all good with me :)

Klyka

Banned
I actually believe the "tutorial/prologue" will be a bit longer than we might think and that we'll actually reach lvl 4 in it and then arrive in Manhattan at that level.

We get activated, we meet Fay, we meet "the commander" we probably run around in a team a bit and then "shit goes down" so to speak, the team and the commander get killed, Fay wounded and we end up on the helicopter.

Anyone think the same?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I actually believe the "tutorial/prologue" will be a bit longer than we might think and that we'll actually reach lvl 4 in it and then arrive in Manhattan at that level.

We get activated, we meet Fay, we meet "the commander" we probably run around in a team a bit and then "shit goes down" so to speak, the team and the commander get killed, Fay wounded and we end up on the helicopter.

Anyone think the same?

Pretty much what ive been thinking.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Anyone think the same?

That's what I expected as well once I played the beta. It seems odd that they would have gotten into a combat scenario before actually reaching Manhattan. I'm interested to see what goes down.

Tovarisc

Anyone think the same?

I don't think we will out level first area of Manhattan content by doing tutorial until level 4. At level 4 first area of Manhattan is 100% useless to players.

Edit: Or they have redone content level curve since beta builds

Klyka

Banned
That's what I expected as well once I played the beta. It seems odd that they would have gotten into a combat scenario before actually reaching Manhattan. I'm interested to see what goes down.

The current theory is as follows:

(i will spoiler this for people who don't want to get tidbits of info)
You are activated in Brooklyn. You meet up with Fay and "The Commander" and engage in Divisiony-things. Sometime during the prologue you go to fight at a "police precinct" this is a theory because the third track on the soundtrack is called "precinct siege". From the name, people assume you are holed up inside and get overrun by enemies. The helicopter comes to pick you up, an explosion rocks the precinct and you get knocked out. You wake up in the helicopter and Fay tells you the commander is dead and you are on your way to Manhattan.

I don't think we will out level first area of Manhattan content by doing tutorial until level 4. At level 4 first area of Manhattan is 100% useless to players.

Edit: Or they have redone content level curve since beta builds

Wasn't the first area lvl 4-6?
Am I misremembering? It might be lower then.

Just a heads up guys. I'm getting a new Nvidia card soon and will be selling / trading The Division code that comes with it.

I want either Rise Of The Tomb Raider, The Witness, or cash.

Let me know if anyone's interested. Thanks!

Tovarisc

The current theory is as follows:

(i will spoiler this for people who don't want to get tidbits of info)
You are activated in Brooklyn. You meet up with Fay and "The Commander" and engage in Divisiony-things. Sometime during the prologue you go to fight at a "police precinct" this is a theory because the third track on the soundtrack is called "precinct siege". From the name, people assume you are holed up inside and get overrun by enemies. The helicopter comes to pick you up, an explosion rocks the precinct and you get knocked out. You wake up in the helicopter and Fay tells you the commander is dead and you are on your way to Manhattan.

Wasn't the first area lvl 4-6?
Am I misremembering? It might be lower then.

If they haven't rebalanced content then first area of Manhattan, Chelsea, is from level 2 to 4.
XowxoOy.jpg

Also spoilered bit, that would use revealed areas of Brooklyn quite well.

Klyka

Banned
If they haven't rebalanced content then first area of Manhattan, Chelsea, is from level 2 to 4.
XowxoOy.jpg

Also spoilered bit, that would use revealed areas of Brooklyn quite well.

ah nice, i didn't know. ok then I'd say tutorial gets you to lvl 2 MAYBE lvl 3

Klyka

Banned
I tried 3 games with Tec, and holy shit...

Everything is just bland and boring.
WHAT DID THE DIVISION DO TO US?!

For me it's not even that other games are boring but I want to progress my Agent and I keep thinking "gonna load up the division real qui- FUCK"

malfcn

They're being very generous with these free customization options. I hope that continues for the life of the game. I tend to get bored with a single character style so I change it up when appearance items don't effect stats.

Is there more free stuff to get? Im on the fence still, but don't want to miss anything.

bebop242

I'm willing to bet that the season pass stuff will be account locked. Won't matter between regions, only the psn account that purchased it will be able to play it. I'm interested in how its going to play out since Ubisoft have done this before without much backlash. If this game turns out huge, I can see said backlash coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom