• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're far too kind. I will be ruthless when it comes to scarfs.

I think I must have picked up every single piece of neck lingerie in 40+ hours of alpha-beta. I pretty much only found billions of cosmetics... NO decent weapons (nada above meh purples).

I died a lot. But i looked fuckingggggg goooooood doin' it!

scarf.gif

EL CUCO

I preordered the game on the psn store, then I immediately hated myself, like a person who eats a whole pizza and then asks themselves why they did that.

I'm all in at this point and I complained so much about the dark zone and trolling, what is wrong with me. Because not only did I get the game, I got the gold edition! Damn you Division, damn you to hell!
You're gonna really love it when you get your high end gear ganked :D

I preordered the game on the psn store, then I immediately hated myself, like a person who eats a whole pizza and then asks themselves why they did that.

I'm all in at this point and I complained so much about the dark zone and trolling, what is wrong with me. Because not only did I get the game, I got the gold edition! Damn you Division, damn you to hell!
Nice to have you on board Maddocks

Gryph

Welcome welcome. Don't worry, the PSN GAF crew is going to stomp around the DZ. We'll pay the troll toll.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You get a cosmetic item through Uplay if you have RSS.

tc-the-division-ubisoft-club-reward-rainbow-six-tactical-suit.jpg

Not that I've seen, which is surprising since they broke street date in the UAE.
That looks very nice but it's too bad I don't own RSS.

coiler

In Belgium The Division Gold edition is the most inconvenient game to buy that I've ever seen. Just one online shop had it (sold out long ago) and for the season pass its the same story just available in one store, not even on PSN ... WTF Ubi?

Plasmid

Seeing the AUS announcement i was like "YES EARLY PLAY" then my excitement was killed after that 12:01 EST announcement.

Oh well, just a little less than a week left :)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
As some folks suggested earlier, you can just rent it from redbox to unlock the uplay item if you want.
I will think about it since it's $3 to rent it off Redbox for a day which isn't much.

Starviper

I will think about it since it's $3 to rent it off Redbox for a day which isn't much.

And at the very least, it is a good game to play. I just wish there was a bit more to it. It's similar to Counter Strike in a number of ways but I find myself having a lot more fun with CS, though I do enjoy Siege's destruction. and graphics.

Shaldome

Too bad my colleague is on vacation next week, would have been a good opportunity to take a week off. Oh well, then just less sleep this week.

And at the very least, it is a good game to play. I just wish there was a bit more to it. It's similar to Counter Strike in a number of ways but I find myself having a lot more fun with CS, though I do enjoy Siege's destruction. and graphics.

I noticed once you start unlocking more agents it gets more diverse and fun. I redboxed it for the Division gear...ended up buying it yesterday at Best Buy for $32 with GC unlocked.

Am I right in thinking we'll be getting a companion app for this or did I mis-read that?

Would love to have it on my iPad next to me whilst playing, love the immersion with that sort of stuff. :)

Murmur

Am I right in thinking we'll be getting a companion app for this or did I mis-read that?

Would love to have it on my iPad next to me whilst playing, love the immersion with that sort of stuff. :)

Believe they've stated there is no companion app.

Feels like a missed opportunity.

Believe they've stated there is no companion app.

Feels like a missed opportunity.

There was going to be one but yes dropped the ball... would have been very cool if they pulled it off. Devs dream big (as they should) and announce lots of stuff that never seems to make it into the final vision of the game. It's a shame but what happens.

Why? They were rock solid during both betas and those had a ton of people playing.

Plenty of people will also be playing it for the first time. By all means, I hope there aren't any problems at launch. I just wouldn't have people get their hopes up. It's very rare for an always online game to release without a hitch.

Archpath1

Easy on the gifs guys

How's everyone's game night planning going.

Might get some chips, pizza, drinks , play with friends if they pick it up, Dank Zone antics with GAF

Easy on the gifs guys

How's everyone's game night planning going.

Might get some chips, pizza, drinks , play with friends if they pick it up, Dank Zone antics with GAF

sleep till 10:30 CST after work. Wake up, run and get redbull, maybe smoke the dope, look at red panda gifs then bam. 11 pm CST

Kane1345

OK so I went physical and live in the UK. So as I understand the server goes live at 12AM local time on the 8th and is available to play then right? That means I just have to wait for the postman in the morning like

1257405344-tumblrm2wn35n8gx1qfd6pt.gif

Tovarisc

OK so I went physical and live in the UK. So as I understand the server goes live at 12AM local time on the 8th and is available to play then right? That means I just have to wait for the postman in the morning like

1257405344-tumblrm2wn35n8gx1qfd6pt.gif

Right, for console. PC version goes live 5AM GMT, 8th.

Is there any information about preload on PS4 out there?

PS4
Preload: March 6th at 00:01AM local time
Play: The game will be available March 8 at 00.01am local time in each country timezone (00:01 EST time for the USA and Canada) - except Japan where it will be available on March 10 at 00.001 AM. Means 00:01 CET for central Europe, 00:01 EST for NA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom