• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aett

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I'm wondering how much single-player content is estimated to be in the game. I did download the open beta but due to unforeseen circumstances I barely got to play it, and I'm interested in learning anything I can about the game.

Klyka

Banned
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I'm wondering how much single-player content is estimated to be in the game. I did download the open beta but due to unforeseen circumstances I barely got to play it, and I'm interested in learning anything I can about the game.

well see the thing is:

everything is single player content.

all missions can be done single player. the dark zone can be done single player.
so, yeah.

now the incursion? those might be only feasible with a party.

Just bought this off PSN just by browsing this thread and YouTube searching "What is The Division" and watching a few videos. I put close to 650 hours into Destiny. Sure I'll find some fun in this.

Asked this in another thread but didn't get an answer. I'll try here among all the panda gifs.

So my brother is going in with little info and I have little to offer. Maybe GAF can help. He thinks he's going to be playing solo and also does not have PS+. Is someone like this going to have enough content to make it worth it? I can't play with him without Plus correct?

Asked this in another thread but didn't get an answer. I'll try here among all the panda gifs.

So my brother is going in with little info and I have little to offer. Maybe GAF can help. He thinks he's going to be playing solo and also does not have PS+. Is someone like this going to have enough content to make it worth it? I can't play with him without Plus correct?

He should be fine by himself, though I'm not sure he'll be able to play without a Playstation Plus account. The game is constantly connected in order to provide seamless transition. It might be worth getting in touch with Ubisoft on Twitter or Facebook.

Anyone here planning on going to the DZ straight after you unlock the BoO?

The first player bracket for the DZ appears to be 1-14, so you might actually want to avoid the DZ until you reach at least something like lvl 12. Also in that bracket, even the enemies in DZ01 will be lvl 10 minimum.

So I don't think a level 6 will have a great time running around there, but you could always try.

Jira

The first player bracket for the DZ appears to be 1-14, so you might actually want to avoid the DZ until you reach at least something like lvl 12. Also in that bracket, even the enemies in DZ01 will be lvl 10 minimum.

So I don't think a level 6 will have a great time running around there, but you could always try.

You'd likely need a full group of level 6's.

KodaRuss

Isn't there a DivisionGaf PS Community, I have been looking a little bit and I havent found it again?

I know the password.

Green Panda

PatDH

He should be fine by himself, though I'm not sure he'll be able to play without a Playstation Plus account. The game is constantly connected in order to provide seamless transition. It might be worth getting in touch with Ubisoft on Twitter or Facebook.

I think he just can't go into the Darkzone if he doesn't have PS+. Should be fine otherwise.

Kane1345

It's not something I plan on doing myself but there's some people out there who see the DZ as their main gameplay mode and I was curious how many GAF folks wanted to go in straight away.

Se_7_eN

Just bought this off PSN just by browsing this thread and YouTube searching "What is The Division" and watching a few videos. I put close to 650 hours into Destiny. Sure I'll find some fun in this.

sbek1oh.jpg

Thanks will look into it more.

I took Wednesday off to play this. The forecast in Boston for that day is 71 degrees. I haven't felt 70's in 5 months! Talk me into sitting inside all day and playing this.

hydruxo

Isn't there a DivisionGaf PS Community, I have been looking a little bit and I havent found it again?

I know the password.

Green Panda

It's 'DivisionGAF'

You can search for that or you can look up my PSN name (hydruxxo) and find it through my profile

It's not something I plan on doing myself but there's some people out there who see the DZ as their main gameplay mode and I was curious how many GAF folks wanted to go in straight away.

No I get that, but the range of the first bracket is massive compared to the others. Considering that people with early physical copies will have the chance to get a decent head start, it might not be that fun to run into many lvl 14s when you are still ~8. Once you are 10+ the gaps aren't that huge anymore, so I consider that advisable.

Klyka

Banned
No I get that, but the range of the first bracket is massive compared to the others. Considering that people with early physical copies will have the chance to get a decent head start, it might not be that fun to run into many lvl 14s when you are still ~8. Once you are 10+ the gaps aren't that huge anymore, so I consider that advisable.

you won't run into 14s as an 8.

the level brackets on the map are for the NPCs levels found within.

players have their own little brackets in increments of 3 and will be seamlessly matchmade so a too high player will never see a too low player.

So as a lvl 5 you'll see a lvl 8 but not higher.

And remember that you do not gain levels in the DZ so you can't outlevel your bracket while in there. Also, low level players can join higher level brackets, but not vice versa.

the devs have totally build the DZ to not be a grief fest. outside of being outnumbered,of course, but no way to change that.

you won't run into 14s as an 8.

the level brackets on the map are for the NPCs levels found within.

players have their own little brackets in increments of 3 and will be seamlessly matchmade so a too high player will never see a too low player.

So as a lvl 5 you'll see a lvl 8 but not higher.

And remember that you do not gain levels in the DZ so you can't outlevel your bracket while in there. Also, low level players can join higher level brackets, but not vice versa.

the devs have totally build the DZ to not be a grief fest. outside of being outnumbered,of course, but no way to change that.

Well then they were using an old build for the IGN First videos, because there they showed the 1-14 player bracket.

The DZ works with two systems. First of all the player bracket itself that determines the level range of the humans you will encounter, but it also influences what level NPCs you will face in the 6 DZ sectors. These DZ sectors contain increasingly difficult NPCs the further north you go.

In the 1-14 player bracket, DZ01 is populated by 10-12 enemies.

But don't take my words for it, check it yourself.

https://youtu.be/abBmo55ujQg?t=7m36s

Based on the available data it appears that there will be 5 player brackets in total, with the following ranges: 1-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-30.

Klyka

Banned
Well then they were using an old build for the IGN First videos, because there they showed the 1-14 player bracket.

The DZ works with two systems. First of all the player bracket itself that determines the level range of the humans you will encounter, but it also influences what level NPCs you will face in the 6 DZ sectors. These DZ sectors contain increasingly difficult NPCs the further north you go.

In the 1-14 player bracket, DZ01 is populated by 10-12 enemies.

But don't take my words for it, check it yourself.

https://youtu.be/abBmo55ujQg?t=7m36s

Based on the available data it appears that there will be 5 player brackets in total, with the following ranges: 1-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-30.

I think that might be older stuff.
Although the other brackets would make sense, but the 1-14 one is just retarded.

coiler

Got an answer from Ubisupport: The Season Pass (PS4) will go live sooner to the release of the game. So get the beast deal for the base game and buy the pass on top of it.

fr0st

Banned
Although the other brackets would make sense, but the 1-14 one is just retarded.
Make sense to make it not so easy for people to get easy gear in DZ. Other than that maybe there will be events for specific zones too.

GravyButt

Just redeemed my agent origins code on xb1 and it accepted it. But nothing downloaded and nothing shows up in the manage games section either. F it be?!

I don't know. They might encourage you to actually play some PvE first and prepare properly for the DZ. Don't forget that everything in the beta was pretty much tweaked to analyze player data. We'll see how it turns out in the final game. But I think it would somewhat defeat the purpose of the IGN First videos if the included information isn't relevant to the game on release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom