• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainbow Six Siege is per account

I'm expecting it to be like the Crew. Full game is shareable via multiple accounts like most games, but DLC is locked to one single account which sucks. Its a major turn off for me (we have 2 ps4s) and this open beta will really have to win me over.

I figured as much since some of the skin codes have already been tied to Uplay account rather than unlocked on your system.

That's a damn shame. Guess I'll just pick up the base game and pass on the Season Pass content. It would have to be insanely good, and have both of us still really into The Division when the content is actually release 3-6+ months from now, to justify purchasing it twice.

I will be playing the beta this weekend.

Looking forward to trying it out with my friends to see how they like it.

If anyone wants to play GT is: CRIMS0N ECLIPSE

The1Ski

Deserves a repost.

44360-do-you-miss-the-division-no-no.gif

Kid should say "I have other games to play" after the reporter repeats him saying "no".

The1Ski

Will play this for the first time on Friday, should I be as excited as I am for it?

Depends. The game really clicked with me. I think the RPG shooter combined with a very realistic visual aesthetic scratch me right where I itch. Some people disagree.

jet1911

Will play this for the first time on Friday, should I be as excited as I am for it?

Depends. Do you like RPGs? Shooting people in the face and them not dying with one bullet? Getting killed and having all your loot stole by another player who couldn't get his own the right way? If yes you'll love the game! :D

Lunar FC

Depends. The game really clicked with me. I think the RPG shooter combined with a very realistic visual aesthetic scratch me right where I itch. Some people disagree.

Yeah, I absolutely dig the look of the game.

Depends. Do you like RPGs? Shooting people in the face and them not dying with one bullet? Getting killed and having all your loot stole by another player who couldn't get his own the right way? If yes you'll love the game! :D

I love those things, just worried
(mostly because of Destiny)
that the framework for an awesome experience is here but the variety and amount of content will hold it back.

Tovarisc

I love those things, just worried
(mostly because of Destiny)
that the framework for an awesome experience is here but the variety and amount of content will hold it back.

Beta won't give you proper picture about how much content game has and how varied it will be, for that you... we all need wait for release.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem will be the end game and how the loot is rolled.

I'm hoping they handle the gear checks better than tying them directly to what drops you can get. As it is, you're already at the mercy of seeing what perks roll on your drops.

Grassy

Pre-loaded the PC version as I have a beefy PC. I haven't played this yet so I'm looking forward to finding out what it's all about.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
I might give it a go. If there's any ideal time to check it out, guess it would be this week.

Bolivar687

Banned

GAF promised me the bullet sponge concerns were overblown.

I swear, if I find out they're lying...

Tovarisc

1. Learn effective range of your weapon [AR's can't do sniper rifle range, weapons have decent amount recoil and spread]
2. Aim for head for win, e.g. aim around chest area etc.
3. Armored "elites" and boss-like enemies will take quite a beating like you would expect

Those three steps should get you quite far and give pretty sponge free experience. People drilling enemies to stomach from ineffective ranges are very likely to find some sponge.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

They're overblown unless you are literally constantly going out of your way to fight enemies that are way higher level than you and/or are using shitty weapons.

KaoteK

Credit where it's due to Ubi for doing this.
This game wasn't remotely on my radar, but if I have a good time with it this weekend, they'll get a sale from me. I like that this is becoming more and more usual with mp games, when we getting an Overwatch open beta?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Credit where it's due to Ubi for doing this.
This game wasn't remotely on my radar, but if I have a good time with it this weekend, they'll get a sale from me. I like that this is becoming more and more usual with mp games, when we getting an Overwatch open beta?
Hahahaha blizzard open beta?
Ayayay

I figured as much since some of the skin codes have already been tied to Uplay account rather than unlocked on your system.

That's a damn shame. Guess I'll just pick up the base game and pass on the Season Pass content. It would have to be insanely good, and have both of us still really into The Division when the content is actually release 3-6+ months from now, to justify purchasing it twice.

Shit they did the same thing with Just Dance 2016, I got it under my account thinking my wife could use the pass for songs on hers like we always do, nope it's tied to mine only even when she's on my default home console.

I was going to grab the gold bundle for $130 Canadian but if I need to buy that twice that's garbage.

Hawk269

This sums it up for me. I love MMO's and love Shooters/RPG's, so for me, like you this scratches an itch that I have been waiting for. The game really clicked with me during the last beta and I played it for about 12 hours or so and still wanted to go back for more. I spent a lot of my time just searching around, finding secrets and collectibles etc. It was just a ton of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom