• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Nabs

uSGP8R4.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is this the Vegas thing?

I think Vegas is just Danielle doing whatever. They were talking about New York being the next trip they take, still up in the air though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I love that Korey and Martin have been pointing out the "New Reviewer Syndrome," where people who are new at making reviews have a tendency to go a little too hard on things to gain a little cred. They probably don't even know they're doing it, but I also noticed it when the younger guys give a review.

I really want to see what they have to say about Warcraft.

Got a question, hoping there are a couple long-time Spill fans who could possibly help me. I'm looking for a podcast episode where Korey did an entire segment on Reverend X, the cray cray preacher who swears up a storm ("Fuck yo thoughts!"). I believe it was on Let's Do This because I seem to remember Co-Host talking about it and laughing at his videos along with Korey. But I might be misremembering. I really want to find it, it's one of my favorite episodes and I laugh sooo much at it. If someone knows the date, even if it's approximate, that would be fantastic.

Bleepey

Got a question, hoping there are a couple long-time Spill fans who could possibly help me. I'm looking for a podcast episode where Korey did an entire segment on Reverend X, the cray cray preacher who swears up a storm ("Fuck yo thoughts!"). I believe it was on Let's Do This because I seem to remember Co-Host talking about it and laughing at his videos along with Korey. But I might be misremembering. I really want to find it, it's one of my favorite episodes and I laugh sooo much at it. If someone knows the date, even if it's approximate, that would be fantastic.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/spillcom-movie-reviews

Feel free to look at this or search the spill.com reddit

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/spillcom-movie-reviews

Feel free to look at this or search the spill.com reddit

I have all of the podcasts, it's just that there aren't any descriptions on the episodes so I have to manually scan through them. And the reddit just lists episodes with the date and no description. I was just hoping someone remembered the episode so that I know I'm not crazy. I'll just have to continue digging through them. Thanks though.

Bleepey

I have all of the podcasts, it's just that there aren't any descriptions on the episodes so I have to manually scan through them. And the reddit just lists episodes with the date and no description. I was just hoping someone remembered the episode so that I know I'm not crazy. I'll just have to continue digging through them. Thanks though.

Try the facebook groups.

Try searching for it on youtube. The fans have been good about uploading best-of moments from the old Spill days, especially when it involved a video they watched of some sort. Keywords are usually 'Spill Audio', or 'Let's do this' of course.

Hjod

Banned
Any of you fine people know where I can get my hands on some Double Toasted merchandise.

Looked at their homepage and google but can't find anything.

Egg0

Banned
So I don't really keep up with DT as much as I did with Spill.

Every time I see this thread get bumped I check in to see what's up. I feel like every time I've checked in, Danielle has said some dumb stuff lol

Alienous

It was a comment about suicides. It's not as bad as what Danielle said, but it makes you go 'goddamn it, Martin.'

I'll go track down the sound bite on sound cloud.

Ok, it's around 1:47:50-1:48:15
https://soundcloud.com/kcoolman/the-weekly-roast-and-toast-6-7-16

That sounds worse than I think the point of what Martin is saying is - which seems to be that as an outsider, you can only temporarily stop someone from committing suicide, and that the individual themselves needs to work through the instigating problems. He could pick a better context to say it in, though.

Nothing like what Danielle decided to say, which came purely from a place of being controversial.

That sounds worse than I think the point of what Martin is saying is - which seems to be that as an outsider, you can only temporarily stop someone from committing suicide, and that the individual themselves needs to work through the instigating problems.

Nothing like what Danielle decided to say, which came purely from a place of being controversial.

I get what he was trying to say, but I wish he worded it a little better.
At least the guy originally wrote the email didn't take offense when they talked to him later in the show.

Grizzlyjin

WARCRAFT review

The CG orcs are running acting laps around the humans.

The nice thing about this review is that they had someone who had zero familiarity with the franchise, some familiarity, and then a hardcore fan. Gives a good idea of what to expect depending on where you fall in that spectrum.

Bleepey

I just knew Danielle would say something stupid during this segment.

Martin and Danielle both said some rather....unfortunate things last night.

Listening now, I burst out laughing at the disclaimer, Korey's look of dismay and Martin saying you knew this was gonna happen. Let's see what she says.

SeanC

Why does it seem like Danielle is severely lacking in basic empathy? Like, scarily so.

Is she on the Orlando video?

I avoid their non-review stuff mostly because she's on the other discussions and I absolutely can't stand her. Won't even click on them.

Grizzlyjin

Danielle cracks me up sometimes, but I cringe the moment anything even remotely serious gets brought up. You just know she'll say something ignorant.

Grizzlyjin

I'm actually listening to last night's Casual Call In Show while I write, and it's just Korey and Danielle. Smooth sailing so far. At the very least, they got someone with a female perspective. But it would be nice if they added another woman to balance her out a little. Maybe someone who actually likes good movies.

I'm fucking dying at the Spiderman PS4 segment going into the Iron Man 3 video game talk in this weeks Roast and Toast.

"Don Cheadle got payed, gave away his rights and got turned into a california raisin"

Someone has to gif Korey digging himself into a hole too.

Top Bottom