• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsPM7PShT6U

lmao @ Korey losing it and Martin with the subtle mind games.

Saying you feel like someone wanted something and saying they wanted something are the same thing. Lol

I've noticed that Korey has come at Korey G for almost every review recently. And then Martin was definitely teasing Korey G a little with the "Let him tell people how it really is."

Martin needs to see Central Intelligence now. I want to know the truth.

mreddie

Hahahrawrrahaha

Korey basically telling everyone don't buy into the hype and looking at the preview showings, no one did.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
BvS Ultimate Edition Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ozhw6UjMw

Korey says it's worse than the base film

Just listened to this. Korey mirrored my opinion on it. I'm actually surprised he even watched it, he didn't seem too enthused about the prospect last week when someone asked if he would. Smart move for the site though, people want to know more about this movie for some godawful reason.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This and the Collider review are like night and day. One makes me excited for it and the other makes me not want to see it.
I don't trust collider. I think they drink a lot of of Hollywood kool aid. Whether it's DC or Marvel or any movie I would not listen to their reviews. They are great for movie news and gossip but they pretty much love to lukewarm everything.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I figured the new cut of BvS wouldn't fix any of the real problems the film had.
I doubt 30 mins will fix the crappy lex Luther portrayal or the horrible doomsday ninja turtle or how unheroic batman and superman are in this film. 30 mins isn't going to inject optimism or joy into this bleak trainwreck of a film. If anything a lot of crap should have been cut out like the dream sequences.

I doubt 30 mins will fix the crappy lex Luther portrayal or the horrible doomsday ninja turtle or how unheroic batman and superman are in this film. 30 mins isn't going to inject optimism or joy into this bleak trainwreck of a film. If anything a lot of crap should have been cut out like the dream sequences.

It totally didn't fix any of those things, but I will admit that the added Superman/Clark Kent scenes added a lot to the film imo. It made Supes way more relatable. Also, I enjoyed the Lois scenes too. The film is still absolutely exhausting to watch though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hurts seeing Korey break down like that, but I'm glad they talked about this.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omB2wo6mLmg

CRa0NCz.gif

Grizzlyjin

Ray and Danielle probably shouldn't have serious racial discussions anymore. Ray especially.

From the show on Monday? Yeeeeeeeeeahhhh. I literally couldn't disagree with either one of them more. The onus isn't on African Americans to act a certain way collectively (lol what?) so that they are treated the same as every other citizen of the United States. Danielle at least admitted she didn't know how to articulate what she wanted to say, but the argument she was talking about it is stupid. So millions of people are supposed to all get on board with acting a certain way and dressing a certain way so they don't get shot by the police? That whole part of the show really turned me off on both of them.

It wasn't even disagreeing with their opinion. It's that implying that treating one individual person a certain way because of how you perceive the group and not the actions of that person is literally advocating for racism. I don't think either of them mean to say stuff like that...but that's what it is. They're just ignorant and it really showed.

I was listening to it last night and started writing about it here but I held back until you said something lol.

WOW Martin comparing Leslie Jones to
Tracy the Gorilla

I sent Korey and Martin an email, given his comments and today's situation with Jones. His reply:

It was a cheap. quick joke and, frankly, beneath me. When you're firing out jokes in a live setting there's not always a chance for your filter to catch everything. I regret it. Especially considering that I'm big fan of Leslie Jones.

People are going to mess up, all I ask is they apologize when someone points out they've erred. Solid reply from Martin and a very quick one.

EDIT: And he publicly apologized to her! Stand up dude.

I sent Korey and Martin an email, given his comments and today's situation with Jones. His reply:

People are going to mess up, all I ask is they apologize when someone points out they've erred. Solid reply from Martin and a very quick one.

EDIT: And he publicly apologized to her! Stand up dude.

Martin and Co have said insensitive and borderline racists things over the years, but when someone takes offence and calls them out on it, they often respond with stuff like "it's satire" or "why weren't you offended we insulted other groups." and proceed to brush it aside. This is the first time I've seen Martin own up to his mistakes, hopefully they all learn from this.

Forgot there was a Double Toasted OT here, but it's sort of weird RLM refrained from any risque jokes about Jones (hell she's the only part of the film they seemed to remotely like) whereas DT who I always saw as way less lowbrow went in for that joke.

Given what's happening to Leslie now I imagine they probably did feel like shit pretty soon afterwards.

Top Bottom