• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Martin took a cheap shot without thinking about how much scrutiny the cast has been under for awhile now. I was a bit shocked when he said it, but not really surprised. I'm glad he apologised.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm usually busy laughing at Korey when Danielle goes off.

47Jfu56.gif

Sai

Got into this show after somebody posted their review of Straight Outta Compton in the movie's OT here. Ended up subscribing on their site to watch their shows live.

I... don't look forward to the Monday shows as much recently.

FiggyCal

Banned
Martin was so wrong for calling Leslie Jones a gorilla. Damn.... But I'd be lying if I said I didn't think Korey would take it there first.

Good on Martin. To be honest, I didn't even think twice about the joke (to be doubly honest I expected Korey to make the joke given how he's made jokes like that before), but given the harassment Leslie Jones has been getting on Twitter, it was good of him to come out and apologize.

I... don't look forward to the Monday shows as much recently.

Yeah, I stopped listening to them. Ray and Danielle's opinions on race kinda soured me on them, unfortunately.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I appreciate Danielle being there because they desperately need a female perspective on some things. It would be nice if they had an additional woman who was more versed in geeky shit to really balance it out. Have her jump in for the comic book stuff and maybe The High Score too.

Danielle and Ray did put a bad taste in my mouth with some of their comments, but it is what it is. They have opinions just like everyone else. I don't have any animus against them or anything, it's just even harder to take either one of them seriously with anything now lol.

It's taken me a while to catch up with some of you, but goddamn am I getting tired of Danielle.

I'm usually tired of Danielle, but her comments in the Kanye/Swift situation were on point and I'm glad she shut Ray down.

Now Ray I can't stand at all.

I like Danielle..she's an airhead with some good points here and there. Ray can kick rocks..

Tbh I wish Sammy would replace Ray
YES

Grizzlyjin

Tbh I wish Sammy would replace Ray

I think it was on last Tuesday's show they did evaluations and Korey mentioned how Sammy was a "Full Price" behind the camera but considers him a "Rental" in front of the camera because he thinks he needs to reign himself in. I was actually surprised to hear that because I tend to prefer Sammy on camera over Ray. Ray never really says anything that makes me laugh so eh.

Sai

I didn't like how he made that whole issue about himself when he had that breakdown a few weeks ago, but I still find Ray generally funny whenever he isn't on those kinds of topics. He and Korey can have some good back 'n forth when he's focused on the show, sometimes making a surprise joke related to something they covered earlier in the show.

I don't know about replacing Ray, but I think Sammy'll do great once he learns how to handle himself better on camera.

I like Danielle..she's an airhead with some good points here and there.
I want to like her. Korey and the others try to vouch for her, say she has more to offer, and you can occasionally catch glimpses of that. She's got issues, but I know she's coming from a good place.

Seems she's more subdued and leveled when she's tired or hungover with a migraine or something. Hope she'll be able to find that balance in the near future without having to suffer for it.

Had no idea Ray was really disliked by many. Ray's the funniest of the bunch, other than his opinions on race issues, he's alright. KG on the other hand, his smugness and arrogance is very off putting.

Had no idea Ray was really disliked by many. Ray's the funniest of the bunch, other than his opinions on race issues, he's alright. KG on the other hand, his smugness and arrogance is very off putting.

haha I thought I was the only one who was put off by KG. I would take Ray/Danielle over him for sure.

By the way, here is an awesome blast from the past of Korey and Martin on their friend's show called NSFW.

https://youtu.be/L4cYZJGejH0

My ranking:

1. Korey - I mean obv! Very funny, and has views that align with mine for the most part.

2. Martin - Is sometimes politically opposite (ie death penalty), but mostly pretty likable and nice. Shit like the Leslie Jones thing, at least that I've seen, are a rare exception of poor judgment.

3. Korey G - Koreys are just better! He can be a bit cocky, but he seems nice and cool.

4. Sammy - He's not amazing, but I always enjoy him and he never says or does anything that bothers me. He's very safe and for me often elevates the show.

5. Ray - Usually like him, but sometimes he's unbearable.

6. Danielle - Sometimes is okay, but more often than not is unbearable.

Forgot there was a Double Toasted OT here, but it's sort of weird RLM refrained from any risque jokes about Jones (hell she's the only part of the film they seemed to remotely like) whereas DT who I always saw as way less lowbrow went in for that joke.

Given what's happening to Leslie now I imagine they probably did feel like shit pretty soon afterwards.

To be fair, DT is live and RLM has a certain degree of scripting; for all we know they did make that joke, but in hindsight decided it was tasteless.

I'm usually tired of Danielle, but her comments in the Kanye/Swift situation were on point and I'm glad she shut Ray down.

Now Ray I can't stand at all.

Race discussion was the final nail in her coffin for me.

It is time.

RELEASE CO-HOST 3000!

Plz come back Co-Host...

Never had a problem with KoreyG, he and Martin are great together while grilling Korey over something he said.

I don't listen to their podcast so maybe he's different there but on review videos, he's fine with me.

Sai

Never had a problem with KoreyG, he and Martin are great together while grilling Korey over something he said.

I don't listen to their podcast so maybe he's different there but on review videos, he's fine with me.
Yeah, I don't get smug or arrogance from Goodwin. Don't really watch the Hi-Score, maybe he comes off differently there?

The show gets magical when Martin and KoreyG disagree with something Korey says, lol. It gets even better when Korey gets someone from the audience to agree with him.

I like both Korey G and Martin better than Korey.

Fight me.

Coleman can stay sucking my ass. Even during Spill he ground my gears. He needs other experienced people to keep him in check or else he gets super annoying which has been my only main issue with DT.

But I still come back anyway occasionally so fuck me.

Martin's fine but I wish he'd call Coleman on his bullshit when he's obviously wrong more often. Eh, whadaya gonna do?

Korey G. is whatever, but I agree that he works well with Martin. (I mean he should given he looks like his son.)

The rest are equally as whatever.

I wish them the best tho in growing as entertainers, especially Sammy

Seesaw15

Martin: Is the best. Really the only reason I come back to the site is to hear Martins opinions on things. Does most of the heavy lifting by being the voice of reason/straight man/Koreys punching bag.

Korey: No joke Korey is a piece of shit. He's funny in small doses but doesn't know how to treat his co-hosts. I almost have to turn off the show every time he stops the flow of conversation to chastise Martin for making a reference. His "I don't know any of that nerd shit" schtick is played out and tired. He always just comes off as an insecure hypocrite.

Korey G: Not as good as Tommy but of the other new co-host he's the best. Funny and acts as another voice of reason.

Ray: When Rays on he's usually the highlight for the Monday shows for me

Danielle: Makes Korey look better by comparison I guess. I don't care if you have an opinion that I disagree with but she always talks in absolutes. Super frustrating to listen to.

Don't forget, for those who watch the live shows, there will be a showing of "Monkey with a Gun" on Friday at 7:30 pm.

Get your alcohol reserves ready!

Grizzlyjin

Guys had some nice things to say about Star Trek: Beyond. Martin said it was the surprise of the summer.

Grizzlyjin

For me, it depends on what their views on Into Darkness were. If they didn't like it that well, I'm kind of excited

I don't know what they reviewed Into Darkness at, but they all seemed on the same page now about Into Darkness being weak. They said this has issues, but it might be the strongest out of the new films and feels the most like Star Trek.

Looking back Into Darkness is such a lazy sequel. It's competently made, but man was everything about it on autopilot. Beyond is reviewing really well, so at least the franchise is bouncing back creatively.

For me, it depends on what their views on Into Darkness were. If they didn't like it that well, I'm kind of excited

I don't know what they reviewed Into Darkness at, but they all seemed on the same page now about Into Darkness being weak. They said this has issues, but it might be the strongest out of the new films and feels the most like Star Trek.

Looking back Into Darkness is such a lazy sequel. It's competently made, but man was everything about it on autopilot. Beyond is reviewing really well, so at least the franchise is bouncing back creatively.
Looking at their Spill review, Martin gave it a low full price.
If you want to hear their whole opinion, you can listen to the old review here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwwafXtspoE

Lijik

Danielle on this drunk show is something the fuck else

edit- this whole stream after the monkey with a gun screening has been super awkward

Sai

Danielle happened.

And they couldn't wait until they were off camera—like Goodwin was suggesting for like an hour—to talk to her about it.

Top Bottom