• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sounds like Wonder Woman was right on the line to getting better scores from them, but the last act brought it down. Which is pretty common among blockbusters these days.

Good to hear that all their previous concerns didn't come true though.

Draper

I'm just getting into this series, but, I mean...

Half of the reviewers hardly talk, and the white dude doesn't talk at all...

Is this par for the course?

Yes, Korey is a harsh master and does not allow anyone to NEVER EVER speak unless they were asked to.

Girts is just a token white guy and is just there because of affirmative action. It's all a very deliberate ruse so people think they're diverse.

Stay woke!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm just getting into this series, but, I mean...

Half of the reviewers hardly talk, and the white dude doesn't talk at all...

Is this par for the course?

I actually noticed the same thing but I figured out it's how the videos on YouTube are edited. Since Korey does the intro and different setups, he gets the glut of the time. They edit down the YouTube reviews to be 30 minutes but they actually talked about just Wonder Woman for over an hour.

So if you watch the video review it feels like Korey doesn't let anyone talk, but if you listen to the podcast it's way more balanced. He definitely leads the convo, but he passes off to hear from the room more in the audio.

Dram

From what I remember, Korey said they kept getting the same questions from a small group of people so he decided to end it.

Penguin

I only noticed WW villains are a bit comically over the top after listening to this review

:/
I guess I didn't mind because they played it that way... if it came off accidentally I would be upset.

What is it with blockbusters and third act nowadays it seems they have been getting lazier in that aspect

For comic book movies, I think it's just what people come to accept... but it does get tiresome since a lot of times don't match the movie it comes from.

Gleethor

I enjoy DT but I didn't appreciate the "Zach Snyder ruined the third act" pile on they had going on this ep. Like, most cape films have weak third acts, is that Snyder's fault too? I expect this same shit to pop up in JL discussions where every good thing is attributed to Whedon and all negatives blamed on Snyder.

For comic book movies, I think it's just what people come to accept... but it does get tiresome since a lot of times don't match the movie it comes from.

This is what made me appreciate Civil War a lot. They showed a lot of restraint in the third act. It was so refreshing.

Grizzlyjin

This is what made me appreciate Civil War a lot. They showed a lot of restraint in the third act. It was so refreshing.

Yes! I almost cheered at the screen when they revealed Zemo's plan was more than releasing an army of super soldiers. Deadpool was another 3rd act I really liked. It was the biggest setpiece in the movie, for sure. But the humor didn't slow down and it was centered around emotional catharsis, not saving the world from SKY LAZERS

I'm about to listen to the review, but going by the last page's spoiler, I'm landing more towards Korey G in terms of how I feel about the movie. Which is weird, because I usually side with Martin in most reviews.

I'd say they considered it serviceable at best.

At least her performance wasn't the worst in the movie.
Girts was more positive about it. Korey G said it was a C- (some BS about it being "Gal Gadot *acting* like Wonder Woman instead of fully embodying her."

The more I listen to him the more I find him to be a bit too much of a snob for my tastes.

Aaron

I thought it sucked. The movie worked so hard the whole time setting up this conflict between Iron Man and Captain America, and all it did was make me not like either character as they engaged in yet another pointless and over choreographed fight scene. Zemo's plan was garbage. It only worked because the plot needed it to work. The Watchmen had a similar conclusion and that was a much better payoff... and I normally think Zack Snyder is the Black Plague of superhero movies. So I don't think restraint or not matters so much if the ending feels like a conclusion that's earned.

Does anyone actually enjoy the trivia bit? It always slows down the show for me

I listen to it. Mainly because I like to see if I'd be able to answer the questions. Plus, I like when some of the questions are bullshit and they argue with Korey about whether or not it should count.

It was petty that they assumed Snyder was responsible for the bad parts of Wonder Woman. And they believe Whedon is changing JL? C'mon guys.

kewlmyc

It was petty that they assumed Snyder was responsible for the bad parts of Wonder Woman. And they believe Whedon is changing JL? C'mon guys.

The worst part of Wonder Woman was the huge CG battle at the end and the unnecessary slow-mo in all the fight scenes. Guess what Snyder is known for?

The worst part of Wonder Woman was the huge CG battle at the end and the unnecessary slow-mo in all the fight scenes. Guess what Snyder is known for?
Patty wanted all of that in the movie. It wasn't Snyder's decision. I also didn't think it was as bad as some make it sound. I think was vastly different to how BvS did it's action.

Grizzlyjin

Sunday Service was cracking me up yesterday. When Ms. Mia called...lmao

jutWFgc.png

I'm not sure why Korey still hasn't gotten rid of this infinitemega. He/she has been in the comment section of the site for years spewing racist and anti-Islamic comments and yet no action has been taken yet. He/she has gotten really comfortable making these comments now since they know no action will be taken.

jutWFgc.png

I'm not sure why Korey still hasn't gotten rid of this infinitemega. He/she has been in the comment section of the site for years spewing racist and anti-Islamic comments and yet no action has been taken yet. He/she has gotten really comfortable making these comments now since they know no action will be taken.
Dude needs to go, pronto. What the hell.

caliph95

jutWFgc.png

Didn't he take action because people went to far on Danielle i think i remember that

Top Bottom