• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion |OT|

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dr_Cogent said:
Weaksauce whatever. I probably have to be up in the morning earlier than you do. Do you have a 2 year old? I'm thinking no, since you went to bed at 4 AM. My kid is up as early as 5:30 AM.
I'll cut you some slack since you're operating on little sleep and have a young child to deal with - it was meant to be a lighthearted joke.

And I have to get up at 7am for work, so assuming the little one let you sleep solid from 1:30 to 5:30, you actually got more sleep than I did. :p

Dr_Cogent

Banned
SteveMeister said:
I dunno, I think my Breton is fairly attractive:

brida1.jpg

I usually just hit Randomize a bunch of times until I find a good base, and then do minor tweaks.

I tweaked the shit out of my default Wood Elf and ended up with a character looking like Aragorn. :lol

I wish I could take a screenshot on the 360 and upload it to my PC.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh yea, I spent a good 45 minutes Monday night tweaking my Wood elf to make her look attractive. I'm pretty happy with the results, but that complexion slider wrecks house.

Sysgen

arrarro said:
I really cannot undertstand what is all the hype about this game now that it's out in the stores!
Hey! This is the greatest delusion of all my gamer life! I tried the XBOX 360 version because of the easier control system. I am really really depressed to hear from a lot of people that the graphics are awesome, amazing! Since I am a medicine doctor I will offer a free eyes examination to everybody assuming the xbox 360 grafx is amazing: what about draw in, pop up, bad oh yes very bad frame rate in outer world but above all VERY POOR textures almost everywhere, not to mention about stupid NPC behaviour (they walk into walls do not react if you steal them or slash them). What about physics? Something can be hit and thrown away and some other (and more important) things not! The arrow you throw simply disappears into water without a single splash! Where is the atmosphere? Where is the feeling to live in a simulated world? Look at the textures of a hill when you are far from it: PLAYSTATION ONE RESURRECTED!
you know what? NEXT GEN DOES NOT LIVE HERE! Maybe the absolute need for a good and deep action role game has dimmed everyone's reason. The game pace is also SLOOOWWW and when a fight situation occurs most of times the enemies appearance in the scene and animations are so mediocre you will ask how could bethesda do such a poor work. Yes I know, most of you will argue the story counts and maybe you are right but I am playing a role playing game on a NEXT GEN system and I am not looking at anything next gen here! Forget about graphics, forget about physics, forget about anything but the story, is this really enough? IMO definitely NOT!
I am seeing here the same situation with PERFECT DARK ZERO, first came the hype and then the CRAP about it!
Now ban me or do what you like, but try this game before buying it, this is my advice!

(forgot to say I played it on the last model of SAMSUNG 32" HD LCD LE32M61B with a MS VGA cable @ 720p....)

The answer is that the game is massive in such scope that it is limited by the available hardware. There are many faults but once you get yourself properly immersed, and it willl happen for you, then you won't be posting comments like this. Do you know how many people posted similiar things about Morrowind and were advised to wait it out and you will get past whatever you just posted. How you can say that the game has nothing next gen, or very poor textures everywhere is beyond me though making your statements sound exagerrated. I'm not defending anything the game does wrong and I agree on some points but they need to be placed in the context of what is trying to be achieved. Every iteration of an Elder Scrolls game brings improvements and that's why we're already anticipating the the next iteration.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
kaching said:
I'll cut you some slack since you're operating on little sleep and have a young child to deal with - it was meant to be a lighthearted joke.

And I have to get up at 7am for work, so assuming the little one let you sleep solid from 1:30 to 5:30, you actually got more sleep than I did. :p

:lol That means you got 3 hours of sleep. :lol Hahahah. No way in hell I could do that. Maybe in my younger days.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
...what about draw in, pop up, bad oh yes very bad frame rate in outer world but above all VERY POOR textures almost everywhere...
You're absolutely crazy.

Draw-in certainly isn't an issue, as you can see for miles from the top of the highest mountains. It's true that objects do often pop into view, but it generally does not interrupt the many beautiful scenes present in the game. It seems you are focusing so heavily on these issues that you are unable to appreciate everything it does so well (and better than anything that has come before).

The textures are all generally very high-resolution and exhibit some fine detail. The bump mapping generally looks very good as well and avoids that "plastic" look so often seen when using such techniques. The distance textures are lower resolution, but they are as such in order to avoid a cluttered, repeating sea of green. A high resolution texture at a distance simply looks terrible and, without the performance cabilities to draw all vegitation at such a distance, they chose something that would give the terrain a sculpted appearance. I feel that it is partially successful and generally does not look bad, but there are times when you wonder what else they could have done. Your texture comment is simply ignorant and I can't understand how you came to form such an opinion.

You must also realize that a game of such scale with so many sub-systems running below the surface is not going to be able to deliver the same sort of graphical punch of a more focused and linear game. This game could last thousands of hours, if one were to approach it in a certain way. You are being unreasonable. There are limits to what can be done. A lack of polish in something like PD0 is not acceptable, as the game is short and linear, but something of this magnitude deserves some slack. You clearly know nothing about game development, the limitations of hardware, the people working on that hardware, or the time required to create such content. They could have significantly reduced the size of this game and given us a tiny world with a linear story and little freedom and delivered something much more polished...but that isn't what this series is about. The expected amount of polish should depend upon what the game is attempting to do. People are a bit more lax about the issues in GTA for this reason, as the game is so sprawling. The animations are often weak, many of the mechanics feel terrible, and there are glitches galore...but in light of what it is doing on the whole, those can be forgiven.

If you aren't willing to approach it in that fashion, I'm afraid your expectations have let you down and you are demanding more than what is humanly possible from these people.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
Haha. Well I'm not
an angry bitter bitch. But I don't recall running into a miserable atheist in a world of magic and the gods before in a RPG. I was cracking up.

Holy crap, that's a good looking Breton.

Well, I didn't think you were angry and bitter, but I figured you liked her because of her "religious" beliefs.

Odrion

Banned
Just a question, I'm all stuck in a gimped situation.

Because of a situation back in the X-Box 360 launch I was stuck with a Core-Package, and for some reason none of the stores in my area have the X-Box 360 Harddrive to sell.

So, should I still go after the X-Box 360 version or the PC version now? My PC is a AMD 3200+, 1 Gig, and a 7800 GS. Does the game run bad without a Hard drive? Is my computer up to snuff to run it at a performance close to the 360?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
SteveMeister said:
I dunno, I think my Breton is fairly attractive:

brida1.jpg

I usually just hit Randomize a bunch of times until I find a good base, and then do minor tweaks.
Yeah, um, I was really directing the question to people who just got the game, not a developer of the game who's had months to play around with all this stuff :p

But she is quite attractive - looks sorta like the princess from Shrek. I abandoned the Bretons because I couldn't get anything close to the result you got. Even tried your approach of randomizing then tweaking.

Sysgen

LOL on the character editor. As everyone knows they only show the face. So I wanted a character with a heavy facial goatee and smoothly shaven cheeks to represent yours truly. Well, it all looked good but after exiting the editor and looking at my character, rotating around him by clicking in the stick, I noticed that he had a blue neck and red arms. It would of been nice to be able to zoom in and out while in the character editor to notice the effect of all those sliders on the whole model, not just the face.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Dr_Cogent said:
Well, I didn't think you were angry and bitter, but I figured you liked her because of her "religious" beliefs.

I liked her because I found them hilarious in the context of the game world and rpgs in general.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
arrarro said:
I really cannot undertstand what is all the hype about this game now that it's out in the stores!
Hey! This is the greatest delusion of all my gamer life! I tried the XBOX 360 version because of the easier control system. I am really really depressed to hear from a lot of people that the graphics are awesome, amazing! Since I am a medicine doctor I will offer a free eyes examination to everybody assuming the xbox 360 grafx is amazing: what about draw in, pop up, bad oh yes very bad frame rate in outer world but above all VERY POOR textures almost everywhere, not to mention about stupid NPC behaviour (they walk into walls do not react if you steal them or slash them). What about physics? Something can be hit and thrown away and some other (and more important) things not! The arrow you throw simply disappears into water without a single splash! Where is the atmosphere? Where is the feeling to live in a simulated world? Look at the textures of a hill when you are far from it: PLAYSTATION ONE RESURRECTED!
you know what? NEXT GEN DOES NOT LIVE HERE! Maybe the absolute need for a good and deep action role game has dimmed everyone's reason. The game pace is also SLOOOWWW and when a fight situation occurs most of times the enemies appearance in the scene and animations are so mediocre you will ask how could bethesda do such a poor work. Yes I know, most of you will argue the story counts and maybe you are right but I am playing a role playing game on a NEXT GEN system and I am not looking at anything next gen here! Forget about graphics, forget about physics, forget about anything but the story, is this really enough? IMO definitely NOT!
I am seeing here the same situation with PERFECT DARK ZERO, first came the hype and then the CRAP about it!
Now ban me or do what you like, but try this game before buying it, this is my advice!

(forgot to say I played it on the last model of SAMSUNG 32" HD LCD LE32M61B with a MS VGA cable @ 720p....)

You might want to utilize your medicine doctor skills and check your head.

Just picked up Oblivion for 360. Gonna go start it in a minute. It'll be hard to complete the game quickly with my dedication to World of WarCraft, but I'm psyched nonetheless.

jedimike

First off, I think having one thread for Oblivion is officially retarded. Especially when the bulk of the thread was pre-release. Following the thread is nearly impossible. So I'm asking the mods to be forgiving if/when new Oblivion threads start.

Watched the "making of" video on the bonus disc last night. I was truly amazed with the quality of talent at Bethesda. The "forest" guy blew me away when he was placing the rock formations and also when he was out in the real forest getting texture ideas.

edit: but I thought the project manager (or whatever his title is...Todd) would be a PITA too work for. Seems like he's severely infected with the "little big man" syndrome.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
I liked her because I found them hilarious in the context of the game world and rpgs in general.

K, cool. I wanted to kill her when I ran into her. My desire to lay waste to the jerks in the world is great, but I have resisted so far. Or I have saved the game, killed them - then reloaded it.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
arrarro said:
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah...Now ban me or do what you like...blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

Your wish is my command :p

Never say we don't respond to requests and suggestions :p

Odrion

Banned
K, cool. I wanted to kill her when I ran into her. My desire to lay waste to the jerks in the world is great, but I have resisted so far. Or I have saved the game, killed them - then reloaded it.

That reminds in Morrowind after you have the "weird dream" in the beginning, a creep starts telling you about the rise of their lord and how you can't escape your fate and etc etc. I kept taunting him until he tried to attack me and got killed by the guards. :lol

Actually, a lot of my time playing that game was talking to the NPCs and either making them love me or hate me. Being a Imperialist with Voice of the Emperor sure was fun (and got you great deals with the shopkeepers!) A very weird part of me wants to be able to talk down a bunch of robbers from attacking me rather than killing them.

SonnyBoy

2 days into the game and there is already a glitch that people are exploiting.

How do you black out your post when it contains spoilers?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I made my character to look like Robespierre. I went to High Elf and hit randomize and thought, "Zomg its my good buddy Max!" I lengthened his face, gave him the lovely short ponytail look and now I'm looking for frilly clothes.

OFF WITH THE
DAEDRA'S
HEADS.

Geoff9920

SonnyBoy said:

Type [ spoiler]You can't read this ;)[/spoiler] Just remove the added space.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
SonnyBoy said:

Encapsulate it with spoiler

And the end tag with a forward slash before spoiler

Quote this text and look at the quote -
you can see

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
My one issue with this magnificent game is that I'm always pulled in too many directions of possibility. Right now I want to reasonably role play my character and loosely follow the plot direction in between my exploration.

But part of me wants to start a 2nd character whose entire goal is to become the ultimate Book Collector, grabbing a copy of every volume and storing them in some house no matter who I have to kill or maim to do it.

Xenon

I got in about 4+ hours of play into the 360 version last night. Spent a while with the character generator. While its nice you have so much freedom in making the face, the hair style seem like they are straight out of morrowind(not a good thing) After making my Woodelf I put an hour in and saved and powered off. When I went to load the game later there was no sign of the auto or manual save. WTF not a good start. I decided to make a F/Dark-elf and played up until the sewers. I LOVE this game so far.

+ The controls work well. The menus are simple and well placed. However, I have to wonder how navigating the inventory will be when my char has a lot shit. I dont see the 360's Dpad being the much of an issue for shortcuts becuase you can hold down any angle and rotate to what you want.

+ Rat+Flare spell=flaming ball of fun. I love the way the spells have physics applied to them. I can't wait to see how the more powerful spells effect their targets.

- Framerate hiccups. It bugs me a little that in a simple dungeon with 3-4 characters I'm seeing this.

- My lost save. If this happens often it will kill the game for me. I don't like being forced to save often. It takes me out of my role.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
My one issue with this magnificent game is that I'm always pulled in too many directions of possibility. Right now I want to reasonably role play my character and loosely follow the plot direction in between my exploration.

But part of me wants to start a 2nd character whose entire goal is to become the ultimate Book Collector, grabbing a copy of every volume and storing them in some house no matter who I have to kill or maim to do it.

Holy shit. I can't even begin to think of creating another character. I feel like I will never "finish" the game unless I keep trekking with my stealthy Bard.

I'm getting good at the persuasion game too. At first I didn't have a fucking clue as to what I was doing.

Xenon said:
- Framerate hiccups. It bugs me a little that in a simple dungeon with 3-4 characters I'm seeing this.

- My lost save. If this happens often it will kill the game for me. I don't like being forced to save often. It takes me out of my role.

I don't like the framerate hiccups either, but the good outwieghs this. Since the scope is so huge, I can forgive it I guess. It would be nice if it didn't exist though.

My game autosaves all the freakin time. Did you turn it off? Maybe you didn't get far enough for it to autosave perhaps? I don't know what your problem could be there.

SonnyBoy

I in know way endorse the use of what I found below, Im not taking credit for it I found it on another forum. Id rather "earn" my money through pickpocketing. :lol Supposedly you can get infinite money and Im sure this glitch will be fixed via patch soon.

Ok my friends, i just found an amazingly awesome glitch. Go to the Talos district of the Imperial city, find a house owned by a gentlemen named Dorian, it will be "Dorians House" of course, it's in the SE section of the Talos district. Anyway, break into his house, find him, when he tells you to leave kill his ass dead. Loot his body, click on the gold he's carrying and keep hitting A like you normally would, over and over, it will keep giving you gold, the number of gold pieces left will freeze when it gets to 8 gold pieces and it won't go any lower, it will just keep giving you all the gold you could ever desire. I have loaded it and tried it twice to make sure it's not a fluke, and it's not, i just keep getting as much gold as i want. Make sure you get the amount you want before you back out cause it won't do it again. It's awesome!

Actually, on second try, you can back out of his bodies inventory and go back in and keep getting as much gold as you want, i just checked it again, omg this is so friggin awesome!!!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Xdrive05 said:
I found a solution to that impossible zombie, after getting killed over and over and over again. I found him when I was lvl1 btw. So what I did was I kept running around in circles in the room, staying just out of arm's reach from him, and kept casting a
summon spell that would call a skeleton warrior to fight for me (my character is a dark elf). Every skeleton I summoned went down in like two hits from the zombie but I just kept doing it over and over again until it died. I think there is one more zombie just as tough as him right after you beat him too, if I remember correctly.

Hope that helps. :)

Dammit all! I need to go back and find that secret panel switch. It was late and I saw it on the map but got lazy and didn't try to figure out a way to get back there. :(

Eh, can someone spoil for me and let me know what you get if you do go back there and kill those things?

God this game was all I could think about lying in bed last night. Then this morning I get up and the first thing I do is turn on my Xbox 360, although fully knowing that I won't have any time to really play this game. I haven't felt like this about a game, much less an RPG, since the MGS3/RE4 days.

And those PC screens with the flowers and stuff have just become my wallpaper. Absolutely stunning. That's like high end nvidia graphics card benchmark demo shit from 2 years ago. :p

SonnyBoy

Dr_Cogent said:
I'm getting good at the persuasion game too. At first I didn't have a fucking clue as to what I was doing.

How do you persuade people?

Im thinking of starting over and making my guy a Knight... Im not too sold on the archery as of yet.

quetz67

Banned
OK, I have a P4 3,0 1Gig

My options:

- Buy an xbox 360 and play at PAL resolution (768x576 interlaced)

- Play on my machine with 6600 graphics card at 800x600 (30fps fine for me, how good will it look?)

- Buy a new graphics card (not more than 200 Euros, as silent as possible, what should I get?)

- Play xbox 360 on computer monitor?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Re: Hotkeys - is there any way to put a specific combo of two items for dual-wielding (eg. sword + shield or sword + torch) on one hotkey slot? Feel free to just tell me 'RTFM' if that's the case - I just don't have access to the manual at the moment to check myself.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
SonnyBoy said:
How do you persuade people?

Im thinking of starting over and making my guy a Knight... Im not too sold on the archery as of yet.

When you are talking to them, cursor down to the bottom where you can select "Persuade". It's a small icon at the bottom of the screen. Select it and try to persuade them. Read the directions though so you can understand what to do.

I've found that in order to get what I want, I will persuade them as high as I can, then bribe them the rest of the way. When I get to 70 or above, I usually get what I want.

I am sure the more I work on this, I will be able to persuade even higher than in the 60s.

IJoel

I played 5 hours of Oblivion last night alone...

Bethesda has done it again. Big props to the team, including residents SteveMeister and Vark. Main quest be damned, I'm discovering dungeons and slaughtering everything in my path. Can't wait to become powerful enough to slaughter those pesky imperial guards. :p

Amazing game so far! This is what role playing gaming should be.

Karg

Grabbed my copy of Oblivion yesterday......also got my shipping box to send my 360 back to MS to get repaired/exchanged. I'll just have to live my Obliviton life through this thread.....and then cry each night.

SO. First impressions of a Level 2 Crusader, just a kitten hair away from Level 3.

The first memorable thing that struck me, more than anything else, was my first attempt at going through that dungeon across from the sewers: OMFG THESE DUNGEONS ARE THE SIZE OF OTHER NORMAL HUMAN GAMES.

Seriously. Halfway through
Actually that Zombie everyone knows about convinced me handily
I decided to turn back and it probably took me an hour all told to do it. But jiminy, the textures are so gorgeous, how could one complain?

Well, okay, those secret messages from beyond
Behold The Barren Land Of Loa-deng Araya
do get a bit annoying, especially when I just want to go sight seeing. It's not that they're all that distracting visually, they just make me feel like my 360 is about to freeze up. But I am a save freak. Kill Troll, Save, Kill Second Troll, Save. Not too worried.

Oh, and sweet vindication about the achievements. People thought this would turn out to be a lame list of achivements but I came out and said "Hey, gang, you don't know what you'll have to do to raise in rank for the guilds, so it's basically like embedding secret achievements into these Bland-On-Paper achievements.
With just two Mage Recommendations under my belt (translation: HELL OF FAR FROM EVEN THE SECOND STAGE OF GUILDINGTON)
I know this to be 100% the case.

There are also some handily FUGLY ladies out there in Tamriel, so be advised.

Also, I LOVE DROPPING SHIT FROM MY INVENTORY. Hm, don't need this, don't need this, oh, definitely don't need this. KLUNG KLANG KLANG K-CLUNG. 30 pieces of shit on the ground, post-menu.

I'm also getting the hang of combat magic, which I thought I wouldn't be using at all. That's really a whole other level of depth, just mastering every skill in the game, which I actually want to do, because it ACTUALLY MAKES THE GAME BETTER. Armor skill? Critical. Lockpicking? BEYOND critical (not to mention hell of difficult). Figuring out how all these crazy spells work? Important too. Alchemy? Just fun.

And thankfully everything is god damned easy to do, control wise. Poison your weapon with one button. Alchemy could not be simpler. Same with repair. Each item in your inventory is primed to the a button if it's a tool. SO EFFING SIMPLE THANKS.

Also, I got jacked by that same guy with the potion bottle falling down the stairs but didn't realize the ploy until I read that post. Crafty lion faced son of a bitch.

Also,
made it through the Painting Quest. Unfortunately, my brain had imagined it looking much more amazing, although the skies looked fantastic. Those trolls were vicious and damn that turpentine doesn't last long. Word to the wizened, keep an eye on that green droplet below your weapon icon when you poison it. It will not last long.

So far I'm walking everywhere 95% of the time (unless it's dark and I can't find the gate). I'm running into so much shit that way. Can't wait for my map to be littered with little boxes of the places I find. The best part is that you remember every single place you discover when you see it on the map. "Oh, that's the locked farmhouse." Intangible coolness abounds.

Oh, and go dungeon crazy. I was sitting on 1000 gold 8 hours in just from all the sweet ass gems I was holding from one dungeon (including one especially sweet gem). I blew most of it on armor repair training but damn it that shit is important to me!

I actually love the way training is set up. More later. My head is swimming with Oblivioites.

Xenon

Dr_Cogent said:
I don't like the framerate hiccups either, but the good outwieghs this. Since the scope is so huge, I can forgive it I guess. It would be nice if it didn't exist though..

So far, hell yeah! I just worry about outdoor battles.

Dr_Cogent said:
My game autosaves all the freakin time. Did you turn it off? Maybe you didn't get far enough for it to autosave perhaps? I don't know what your problem could be there.

No I checked Both saves before I shutdown the console. I did not quit first. Maybe this could have been the cause. Maybe I shutdown in the SAVE screen.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
and now I'm looking for frilly clothes.

OFF WITH THE
DAEDRA'S
HEADS.

Run, don't walk, to your nearest Mage's Guild. The one in Chlyribdys or whatever (East of Imperial) is overflowing with frilly clothes in every cupboard and as long as your guild up with them, it's open season on anything no locked down.

This is also one of the best things in the game. It is littered with useless shit. No one keeps ether in their barrels! They keep spoons and tongs and mugs! Thank you Bethesda.

After much tweaking, I just decided to play the game at 1280x720 with the "ultra high settings" leaving the other sliders alone.

If I had a X1900XTX or something I'd max them out, but that resolution looks good enough on my 1680x1050 native res monitor when I just get it to scale to aspect ratio and not stretch, only a couple of small black strips on the top and bottom.

I do notice that the 360 is more clear in the distance, but I guess that is the benefit of having AA and HDR at the same time, rather than having to choose.

It wouldn't look as nice even if I did have a 360, since I don't have a HDTV and no room for a console the size of the 360 near my PC monitor

I'd be a lot farther along than I am, but I keep starting over and tweaking my character a bit more

I think I'm going to love being an Agent :)

I did notice something rather odd.. one time I saw an Imperial Horse without its rider.. so I decided to climb on for a ride :lol

Eventually I found a guard wandering around aimlessly.. not entirely sure what he was up to and I didn't ask.. because I was riding his horse :D :D

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So I think this question was already asked, but I didn't see it answered (spoilered just in case):
Why do I keep getting stopped by guards every time I'm in the Imperial City? I basically went there after leaving the dungeon, and I didn't take anything else since. Are my "stolen" goods the stuff I took from the dungeon? Is there any way to tell, once I have it, which stuff is effectively "illegal" for me to have? I know that before you take stuff, a red/white hand will show up as an indicator, but it's too late for that now.

Also, I tell the guys that I'll pay the fine, but I just get taken to the prison area and nothing seems to happen. Am I supposed to do anything once I'm there?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
vatstep said:
So I think this question was already asked, but I didn't see it answered (spoilered just in case):
Why do I keep getting stopped by guards every time I'm in the Imperial City? I basically went there after leaving the dungeon, and I didn't take anything else since. Are my "stolen" goods the stuff I took from the dungeon? Is there any way to tell, once I have it, which stuff is effectively "illegal" for me to have? I know that before you take stuff, a red/white hand will show up as an indicator, but it's too late for that now.

Also, I tell the guys that I'll pay the fine, but I just get taken to the prison area and nothing seems to happen. Am I supposed to do anything once I'm there?

You have to sleep in the bed. Aim your character at it and hit A.

SonnyBoy

Damnit! Ive decided Im starting over tonight. Im going to redo my character and while flipping through the strat guide Ive missed A LOT of crap!

DAMN THOSE LINEAR GAMES!! DAMN THEM TO HELL. My brain has been turned into a one track circus! :lol

Solo

WOOO! Have no fear, my PC brethren, I now am in possession of Oblivion! Time to install. Impressions in a year or so :lol

Mrbob

Man, I am such a n00b in these elder scrolls games. I haven't hit the main quest either, yet, as I have been traveling around the countryside looking at places to go. I went to a dungeon off of the coast, go inside and get my loot. I get to the end of the dungeon and there is this ghost here. I'm running around trying to hit it with my sword, and realize this isn't working, so I decide to high tail it out of the dungeon. I get outside thinking I'm free, and then this damn ghost reappears right next to me by the door about 5 seconds later. So I'm running in the countryside thinking how the hell I'm going to play this game with a ghost I can't kill constantly tailing me, when I remember about my fire magic. I send about 3 blasts the ghosts way and finally take it out. I felt a great sense of accomplishment getting that damn thing off my back! :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Mrbob said:
Man, I am such a n00b in these elder scrolls games. I haven't hit the main quest either, yet, as I have been traveling around the countryside looking at places to go. I went to a dungeon off of the coast, go inside and get my loot. I get to the end of the dungeon and there is this ghost here. I'm running around trying to hit it with my sword, and realize this isn't working, so I decide to high tail it out of the dungeon. I get outside thinking I'm free, and then this damn ghost reappears right next to me by the door about 5 seconds later. So I'm running in the countryside thinking how the hell I'm going to play this game with a ghost I can't kill constantly tailing me, when I remember about my fire magic. I send about 3 blasts the ghosts way and finally take it out. I felt a great sense of accomplishment getting that damn thing off my back! :lol

haha, that's awesome. sigh. time to go to work.... in my old job, i could probably play this all day in my office and get away with it. ;)

Sysgen

SonnyBoy said:
Damnit! Ive decided Im starting over tonight. Im going to redo my character and while flipping through the strat guide Ive missed A LOT of crap!

DAMN THOSE LINEAR GAMES!! DAMN THEM TO HELL. My brain has been turned into a one track circus! :lol

I put in a full day yesterday (restarting like 4 times) but I'm also starting over again.

Making a character that looks like myself is not what I imagined it would be. I want to role play a fantasy character, not myself.

I created a custom class and was initially going to include merchantile but decided against it. Then I found out the merchantile experts can invest their gold in stores. *WHAT*. Should I change Armorer for Merchantile though?

My Attributes
*Speechcraft, I like the free rotation on the persuade wheel.
*Blunt, I'm a big fan of maces, flails etc...
*Hand to Hand, Too much fun draining fatigue from your enemy.
*Illusion, only magic skill not tied to Intelligence or Wisdom.
*Block.
*Endurance.
*Armorer

Top Bottom