• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Is there a way to DL this right now? I got off of GMG right as the servers went down... I can wait to play, I just want to have it downloaded sometime today.

Download servers still seem to be up as my laptops copy of the game is updating at the moment. I assume all you will need is the installer. If you want me to email that (beta installer which updates itself) to you just PM me your address. Unless you have tried the installer already?

Oh, I dunno if you have to login to download either. Don't think you do. Not sure.

Teletraan1

Banned
God yes, I'm in love with this game. Over the last 4 days I've been off work and I've easily played 40 hours or more. That's ridiculous for me, I haven't done that since my Everquest days, I never even did that with WoW. And I haven't even touched PvP yet. I'm excited about this game like I haven't been about an MMO in a very long time. Maybe it's the fact that this game wasn't hyped to death and all the negativity surrounding it kept my expectations in check, but it's gone from something completely off my radar a weeks ago to hard sell and subscription. Sometimes impulse purchases really do pay off!

I agree. This was off my radar completely because of the negative reaction and unfavorable beta impressions. I didn't even bother with the beta and I am glad at this point. Sounds like Zenimax french fried when they should have pizza'd during the beta. Gonna have a bad time.

Started reading the thread, saw I could get it cheaper on GMG and decided to jump in. No regrets here, game has been fantastic so far. The quests are really the star here so far. Each quest-line area has very few extra extraneous quests, they are all focused and move that story line along. I am enjoying the freedom of the builds you can make as well.

docbon

I can't really blame people for being skeptical of a pay-to-play classic style MMO based on an exclusively single-player franchise in the current climate, especially considering it didn't look very good when it was initially revealed and continued to demo poorly.

I can agree with this.

The game had enough poor showings in the past that people would laugh at me when I said it had potential. A lot of them still do, heh.

nynt9

I gotta ask... is there a specific reason why the opinion has turned around on ESO like this? It seems like a month ago it was the joke of the year but now it seems everyone has done a 180. Was there some miracle patch or what?

But you also have to take into account that people who hated it aren't going to buy the game and have probably moved on so you'll only be hearing the positive opinions. In fact, most people who bought it right now are probably people who had no problems with it to begin with, so they're predisposed to be positive towards the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But you also have to take into account that people who hated it aren't going to buy the game and have probably moved on so you'll only be hearing the positive opinions. In fact, most people who bought it right now are probably people who had no problems with it to begin with, so they're predisposed to be positive towards the game.

I actually think most of the positive reaction is from people that didnt know / care about the game at all (like me) and when they actually tried it were pleasently surprised

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm really happy the game is getting good reviews. I love Elder Scrolls lore. I didn't eat crow in all this either because I always thought the game was going to be good from the start and I argued that. I even the subscription might be worth it. Force was even asked during his stream if it was worth it and he said it depends what you like but for me, he feels it is. So I'm not surprised by the turn around.

-NeoTB1-

I can't speak for others, but I was one of the people with a negative impression of the game from beta. Admittedly, I did not play much of the beta, so my opinions weren't all that informed. I'm glad I kept up with the game though, and thanks to some positive impressions from gaffers and streamers on twitch I decided to take a leap of faith. I'm glad I did.

Just got my keys from GMG

Same.

-NeoTB1-

I got three keys as well. What are the other two for?

I imagine it's early access, pre-order items and the full game key.

Edit - yep. Here's an e-mail I received from them:

Dear (name),

Thank you for pre-ordering The Elder Scrolls® Online. The official launch has finally come and we are pleased to send you your unique activation codes later today!

You will receive three codes:

1 x EARLY ACCESS code

1 x MAIN GAME code

1 x EXPLORER’S PACK code

Somnia

Just finished up my vampire/nightblade/dual wield/bow build. I am pretty happy with it so far, but I may make some changes as time goes on.

Going 49 health, full 7 medium armor... enhancements/traits/jewelry will be mixed with fire resistance, +dmg, etc

Somnia Vampire Build

Client download speed is horrible. I tried to swap the US folder to EU, and the client can't recognise that I already have the game downloaded, so is downloading it ALL again. :\

Mambo Maniac

Neo Member
How is the performance? Better than the beta? Is anyone able to max it out on 1080p 60FPS?

Easily..I am running it at 1440p on a I7 3820 with AMD/ATI 7870 everything maxed and my frames go from the 40's to the 60's. Going down to 1080 would be 60's no problem.

Einbroch

Banned
Client download speed is horrible. I tried to swap the US folder to EU, and the client can't recognise that I already have the game downloaded, so is downloading it ALL again. :\

My brother had this issue. He restarted the client 2-3 times and eventually got to 4MB/S.

Mambo Maniac

Neo Member

I was very skeptical of this game until I played my first beta and then I was hooked.
It's not perfect, but its one of the most polished MMO's I have ever played. I havent had this much since Wow with an MMO.

Einbroch

Banned

If you look at my post history you'd find out that this is definitely not true. I called it mediocre, buggy, and not very fun. Of course, I'm only one person.

dubq

I can remember saying often to wait for release before making such critical conclusions about how the final game will work when getting your experience from a beta build. Glad to see people are having a good time with it - can't wait for the console version.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

I didn't play it in Beta. Bought and played for first time on the 31st when early access started.

Somewhat disappointed in their timing for downtime. Yesterday 22:00 down for maintenance. Now 22:00 down again 'as we prepare for worldwide launch'. ggrrrrrr

Nirran

We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.

This was posted as an update for the maintenance going on.

So far having a blast with the game. Playing as a templer and hit level 6 so far. The questing is so good and a breath of fresh air compared to other mmos.

Thinking about buying this and I know it may be early, but what's the gear like? Varied or does everyone kind of look the same?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thinking about buying this and I know it may be early, but what's the gear like? Varied or does everyone kind of look the same?

everyone looks the same, early on at least (just being honest). probably because you can use any type of armor on any class, im rocking heavy armor on my sorceror for example

Karak

As others have said some of it is because of the smaller server pop for the pregame however this is Elder Scrolls so it is safe to bet there will be a good deal of like-looking people. The game just doesn't have the same overall varied-ness of some other fantasy worlds and games. I have played hours upon hours and still am surprised once in awhile by a combination though.

user237

I think the sameness is caused in part by the trend to make all the Tamriel races more human-like. They don't really want 8 foot tall Orcs or tiny gnomes or that sort of thing.

I wish they'd made the Orcs a little tougher looking. It's weird to see so many female Orcs that look like teenage valley girls.

docbon

I think the sameness is caused in part by the trend to make all the Tamriel races more human-like. They don't really want 8 foot tall Orcs or tiny gnomes or that sort of thing.

I wish they'd made the Orcs a little tougher looking. It's weird to see so many female Orcs that look like teenage valley girls.

Haha, this is true.

ESO has the most adorable orc women I've ever seen.

I do like some of the subtle differences between the races, such as their height. Never realized how fucking huge Altmer can be.

Chris R

Do Console and PC players share the same world? Asking for a friend who might buy the PC version now but would be playing the console version whenever that came out, and ideally would like to continue as the same character.

docbon

Do Console and PC players share the same world? Asking for a friend who might buy the PC version now but would be playing the console version whenever that came out, and ideally would like to continue as the same character.

No, servers are seperate for each platform, which is pretty much the worst thing ever for console users.

Yep, got that too. Any word what it might be?

nein.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Unknown. They really aren't talking about the console versions much at all.

I'd assume no.

I'd assume no.

I am 95% sure that all platforms will have their own, separate megaservers. Essentially, no, you will not be able to play with a friend on another platform, nor will your character be accessible on another platform.

docbon

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66587/eso-maintenance-4-3#latest

We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time.

Unf, extra days. I'm okay with this.

Plasmid

Downloaded it earlier and didn't have a big enough flash drive, so now i'm downloading it again. Hopefully i'll be able to play later tonight.

Chris R

I'd assume no.

Ok I'll tell him to not buy this then. I already told him how much "fun" I had with the beta but he still was thinking about buying it now and then getting the console version too down the road.

Top Bottom