• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Giggzy

^ What he said.

I think the majority of the NA guild is Ebonheart, but I can't confirm. Every-time I login I see almost an even spread of factions online throughout the guild.

You can pick any race with any faction while creating a character.

Isn't that only with the Explorer's Pack which was a preorder bonus? Friend and I held off because some of the stuff we didn't like hadn't been resolved by final beta but appears to be now and this is the last thing holding us back from purchasing. Hell we'd even purchase if we could buy the Explorer's pack as an upgrade, but we really don't want to be tied to a faction just because of race.

Somnia

I think you can join up to 5 guilds though if you wanted to join this one too.

I would, but I'm in 5. Main guild, guild crafter, guild cache where guildies dump goods for crafters, guild gank squad (we have a main siege pvp guild and then our gank squad to cut off reinforcements when we take a fort) and a high end min/max guild built of old school hardcore mmo pvpers to discuss builds/where to farm/gear, etc.

Isn't that only with the Explorer's Pack which was a preorder bonus? Friend and I held off because some of the stuff we didn't like hadn't been resolved by final beta but appears to be now and this is the last thing holding us back from purchasing. Hell we'd even purchase if we could buy the Explorer's pack as an upgrade, but we really don't want to be tied to a faction just because of race.

That's possible but I don't really know honestly... maybe it is.

Edit: you are correct that was a pre-order bonus. So yeah that kind of sucks I guess.

SRTtoZ

Its REALLY odd that they chose that to be a preorder bonus along with the whole imperial race tied to the imperial edition. So going forward are they going to sell that on their site? or is it forever gone now that you can't preorder anymore?

SilverBulletKY

Neo Member
Its REALLY odd that they chose that to be a preorder bonus along with the whole imperial race tied to the imperial edition. So going forward are they going to sell that on their site? or is it forever gone now that you can't preorder anymore?

Probably be offered later but don't want to piss off the people that preordered so soon. You can get an upgrade for $20 to the imperial edition already if you own the regular.

I'd bet on the explorers pack being a buyable thing.

They have two sales (three if I can convince my wife) even if they just add it as a purchasable upgrade. If they're going to allow for it to begin with, even if it is a preorder bonus, then I don't think it should cost, but we like enough we are willing. I just hope they make a decision on it sooner rather than later. We gambled on FFXIV's update to be good enough we wouldn't want to play and that was a totally belly flop.

Einbroch

Banned
Anyone having weird performance issues the last few days? Totally fine, but now I'm just chugging hard whenever I pan my camera.

A question: If my boyfriend and I wanted to play together (on separate computers naturally) how difficult would it be to adventure together? Any strict limitations? Would we have to be the same race/faction or could we choose whatever we wanted and still play easily together?

Thanks!

A question: If my boyfriend and I wanted to play together (on separate computers naturally) how difficult would it be to adventure together? Any strict limitations? Would we have to be the same race/faction or could we choose whatever we wanted and still play easily together?

Thanks!

It's pretty simple, as long as you're the same faction. Some quests, very few in fact, I believe can only be down as a solo quest (some of the solo bosses; someone correct me if I am wrong). Beyond that, you guys can do the same quests together and teleport to each other free of charge. You also get a %10+exp boost when grouped.

Anyone having weird performance issues the last few days? Totally fine, but now I'm just chugging hard whenever I pan my camera.

Nvidia? Did you try the new beta drivers?

Thanks!

My girlfriend and I have characters that we play when we play together and have never had an issue. Even picking different choices during quests does not split us up and the only time you have to solo is during the story arc.

Man, watching this guy on Twitch tanking veteran dungeons and it looks like a blast. Especially seeing that he's not a typical stamina focus tank build and uses magicka and just stam for ransack. That's basically what I'm going for with my sorc.

Also it goes to show how silly a lot of the official forum threads are (yeah yeah, I know official forums). A lot of people have been knee jerking that the game does a poor job at trinity playstyle and tanks are useless/broken, etc. Doesn't seem to be the case at all.

I really like how group content is handled. Large groups of mobs, with a couple of hard hitters. Tanks can't hold every mob like they do in WoWesque MMOs. Keeps everyone busy.

Also from what I can tell end game for now and the next update seems to be focused on VR grind through questing and gear collection through drops. Doesn't seem like there is currency gear, right? I really hope that's the case and it stays that way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man, watching this guy on Twitch tanking veteran dungeons and it looks like a blast. Especially seeing that he's not a typical stamina focus tank build and uses magicka and just stam for ransack. That's basically what I'm going for with my sorc.

thats what I do on my templar melee build, I only use ransack as a stamina user, the rest of the 1h/shield spells seemed a bit shit tbh, and ransack is super cheap to use. its all about that spear baby
although for the last few days ive been bowing it up not meleeing

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Just a reminder that everyone in the NA guild can invite people from GAF. Saw some people above asking but I won't be back on for awhile so if someone can invite them it will be nice. =D

Although i'm a huge fan of the AvAvA PvP, a piece of me wishes they'd have smaller, competitive PvP as well. The problem is that AvA can take so much time, require so much coordination, and, in a bout of stupidity, the nerf of the kill player quest to a daily has greatly crippled the experience and worth of playing AvA. It can literally take 10-20 minutes to get to some keeps. That amount of time isn't worth it when the amount of exp you're getting can be practically nil.

The counter, though, is creating a fast-paced, 10v10 (or whatever) style of PvP could turn Cyrodiil into a wasteland, where people will opt for the faster gratification.

Alur

Now I've encountered my first real bugs.

Logged in and the game hung at the loading screen forever, never quite got to the game. Never had an issue before. I quit out, relaunch ESO and login in again and get straight in. Friends list: gone. Guilds: gone. UI: reset. WTF? lol

I'm hoping this is not a permanent thing and when I reload in a few I'll be back to normal.

KePoW

Banned
I just lost my entire Friends list and don't seem to be in the GAF guild anymore. They were both fine last night.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Seil

I just lost my entire Friends list and don't seem to be in the GAF guild anymore. They were both fine last night.

I've also suddenly lost my guild membership apparently and I was fine minutes ago x.x

Got stuck on a load screen, force quit the game, got back in and insta-crashed, went in again after a few minutes and no guild.

Alur

Just now. Official forums has a big thread about this from the EU megaserver, said to run repair tool. Some said it worked, some said it didn't, so I'm trying it atm.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Although i'm a huge fan of the AvAvA PvP, a piece of me wishes they'd have smaller, competitive PvP as well. The problem is that AvA can take so much time, require so much coordination, and, in a bout of stupidity, the nerf of the kill player quest to a daily has greatly crippled the experience and worth of playing AvA. It can literally take 10-20 minutes to get to some keeps. That amount of time isn't worth it when the amount of exp you're getting can be practically nil.

The counter, though, is creating a fast-paced, 10v10 (or whatever) style of PvP could turn Cyrodiil into a wasteland, where people will opt for the faster gratification.

I would love a 4v4 PvP, arena style.... but I hear you on it's possible correlated effect on Cyrodiil's population: hopefully this bad boy get's big enough to handle both easily!

KePoW

Banned
I've also suddenly lost my guild membership apparently and I was fine minutes ago x.x

Got stuck on a load screen, force quit the game, got back in and insta-crashed, went in again after a few minutes and no guild.

Just now. Official forums has a big thread about this from the EU megaserver, said to run repair tool. Some said it worked, some said it didn't, so I'm trying it atm.

Ok thanks for the replies, so I know it's not just me.

I ran the full Repair and just logged back in, but not fixed.

Alur

Ok thanks for the replies, so I know it's not just me.

I ran the full Repair and just logged back in, but not fixed.

The talk on the forums continually circles back to an "overflow" server, more or less stating you can't see them because you are on the overflow and that eventually you will swap back and they will be there. No clue if that's true or not, but I've seen it in several threads after googling this.

KePoW

Banned
The talk on the forums continually circles back to an "overflow" server, more or less stating you can't see them because you are on the overflow and that eventually you will swap back and they will be there. No clue if that's true or not, but I've seen it in several threads after googling this.

Ok thanks!

Just in case, can someone send me a re-invite to guild @kepow88

Alur

Ok thanks!

Just in case, can someone send me a re-invite to guild @kepow88

Overflow is legit:

From the ESO website...

And just to be fully prepared, we are adding overflow servers in the event we get even more players on day one than we are now forecasting. If player demand overwhelms our planned capacity and a queue has to be formed, we will offer waiting players the option to begin playing right away on an overflow server. The overflow server is meant to be a temporary place where you can begin your adventure as you normally would – gain experience, items, achievements, etc. The character you create and everything gained as you temporarily play on an overflow server will transfer back with you when you log in the next time on the main megaserver. While you’ll still be able to group on the overflow servers, other social features like PvP or access to your friends list and guild will be unavailable during that play session - but we want to offer this option to allow players to get into the game quickly, create a character and start to enjoy ESO without delay. This way, you can log in and play, and when the queue shrinks, you can switch to the megaserver and continue to play with the character you created.

EDIT: I just got thrown back into the megaserver while playing. Guilds back, friends back. Shew. They really should alert you that you are on the overflow.

Somnia

Just an FYI guilds are fine, they will return after awhile when you are playing. Guildies are reporting it just starts working again in time.

KePoW

Banned
EDIT: I just got thrown back into the megaserver while playing. Guilds back, friends back. Shew. They really should alert you that you are on the overflow.

Is that automatic and seamless, or you gotta manually logoff and back on?

Alur

Is that automatic and seamless, or you gotta manually logoff and back on?

Was seamless for me. Logging off at this time will just put you back in the back of the queue to get off the overflow, I'd guess. In another hour or two I'm sure everyone will be back to normal.

EDIT: Friends list never did show properly, though it did show me the numbers online and offline. Eventually the game just kicked me though, so now I'm back at square one.

Weird buggy night tonight, I guess the servers are getting hammered or something with it being Friday night. My girlfriend got stuck in Cyrodiil triyng to load for about 45 minutes despite trying to log out / in, restart, etc. As soon as she loads in I fell through the terrain and now my character is stuck in some blue afterlife with 5 fps.

Our adventures in Tamriel did not go as planned tonight.

user237

Agreed totally... I don't mind the concept of an overflow server, but it was very alarming to log in and find my guilds disabled without any notice.

Top Bottom