• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

Is there only Redguard after Dragonborn?

If so, would it be wise to skip Dragonborn, and wait for Redguard? But whats that? another 6 months?

Also, do you think Dragonborn on PC will have better dragon-flying?

Is there only Redguard after Dragonborn?

If so, would it be wise to skip Dragonborn, and wait for Redguard? But whats that? another 6 months?

Also, do you think Dragonborn on PC will have better dragon-flying?

We don't know, no, and no, except with mods.

Also: something strange is going on in Skyrim. After encountering a woman fused with a dinnerplate in Riften, my foray into Ivarstead now yielded evidence of the existence of another hybrid... This time of the musical kind.

GhaleonEB

Very cool tweak to the main game Bethesda added with Dragonborn, in the Discerning the Transmundane quest.
After returning the transcribed lexicon to Septimus, you meet Hermaeus Mora as a void at the entrance to his outpost. Pre-Dragonborn, it's just a portal-like void of darkness. Now it's a mass of writhing black tentacles and eyes, as he appeared on Solstheim. And his dialogue was entirely re-written. He said he'd been following my exploits since I killed Miraak back on Solstheim, and has been impressed, before branching off into offering to let me take Septimus' place as his more able champion once I've completed the quest.
Pretty great bit of continuity added in.

Edit: well on a less awesome note, it appears my Dark Brotherhood quest is perma-bugged. The game crashes every time I climb into the Night Mother's coffin amid the flames. Screen goes black, then hard crash, with the audio getting stuck. The kind of crash where you have to hit the Xbox's power button five or six times to get it to turn off. The first time, I went back through the sanctuary all over again. Second time, I saved right in front of the coffin, then went in. Third time was off that save.

Going to go back a save and exit the sanctuary, then re-enter it an hope that clears it up. Here's hoping.

Edit: fuck. Started back in Solitude and trekked back over, and did the fight all the way through the sanctuary again. Crashed when I got in the coffin again, that's four times in a row, off three different saves/reloads. The entire questline is fucked. Bummer, I hadn't gone through it in over a year and wanted to do the ending again. :(

Edit 2: And Azel has retired, at level 68 and 178 hours, 30 minutes 48 seconds of playtime. Too much of a grind to 78, and that catastrophic bug was the breaking point.

New character charter: 1) Dawnguard, as a vampire killer; 2) Solstheim stalrhim achievement; 3) slay a Legendary Dragon.

Strategy: On every single level, I'm training five times on skills I don't plan to use heavily this build. Since I did that only starting late in my last character, that will get me ~200 or more skill increases I won't have to grind, compared to my last character. Going to start with sword and board (for Dawnguard) then transition to arrows and (for Solstheim). I'll be a thief all the while, picking pockets merrily. Difficulty: Expert. Tough, but not the near-vertical difficulty hill that is Master.

And off we go.

(Crazy that at this point in time, I'm genuinely excited to play another build, starting from scratch. :lol)

Very cool tweak to the main game Bethesda added with Dragonborn, in the Discerning the Transmundane quest.
After returning the transcribed lexicon to Septimus, you meet Hermaeus Mora as a void at the entrance to his outpost. Pre-Dragonborn, it's just a portal-like void of darkness. Now it's a mass of writhing black tentacles and eyes, as he appeared on Solstheim. And his dialogue was entirely re-written. He said he'd been following my exploits since I killed Miraak back on Solstheim, and has been impressed, before branching off into offering to let me take Septimus' place as his more able champion once I've completed the quest.

Edit: well on a less awesome note, it appears my Dark Brotherhood quest is perma-bugged. The game crashes every time I climb into the Night Mother's coffin amid the flames. Screen goes black, then hard crash, with the audio getting stuck. The kind of crash where you have to hit the Xbox's power button five or six times to get it to turn off. The first time, I went back through the sanctuary all over again. Second time, I saved right in front of the coffin, then went in. Third time was off that save.

Going to go back a save and exit the sanctuary, then re-enter it an hope that clears it up. Here's hoping.

Edit: fuck. Started back in Solitude and trekked back over, and did the fight all the way through the sanctuary again. Crashed when I got in the coffin again, that's four times in a row, off three different saves/reloads. The entire questline is fucked. Bummer, I hadn't gone through it in over a year and wanted to do the ending again. :(

Edit 2: And Azel has retired, at level 68 and 178 hours, 30 minutes 48 seconds of playtime. Too much of a grind to 78, and that catastrophic bug was the breaking point.

New character charter: 1) Dawnguard, as a vampire killer; 2) Solstheim stalrhim achievement; 3) slay a Legendary Dragon.

Strategy: On every single level, I'm training five times on skills I don't plan to use heavily this build. Since I did that only starting late in my last character, that will get me ~200 or more skill increases I won't have to grind, compared to my last character. Going to start with sword and board (for Dawnguard) then transition to arrows and (for Solstheim). I'll be a thief all the while, picking pockets merrily. Difficulty: Expert. Tough, but not the near-vertical difficulty hill that is Master.

And off we go.

(Crazy that at this point in time, I'm genuinely excited to play another build, starting from scratch. :lol)

Vampire killer? I like you, good sir.

And I'm looking at a new PC right now, and the thing that exites me the most about it is not finally being able to do some decent video editing, no, it's being able to play Skyrim with mods. :lol

I'm gonna wait until the Ultimate Edition hits store shelves, though, before jumping in on PC.

And off we go.

I had that happen once with the Night Mother's coffin. Then I looked it up and discovered that most of the time, the game merely takes an abnormally long time to load, in some cases 5-10 minutes. The easiest way to figure out if that's what's happening is simply to press the Xbox guide button; if you hear the chime, the game is merely slowing down.

Also, it works in reverse as well with Mora. If you've already completed Discerning the Transmundane before entering Apocrypha for the first time, he'll confront you and what he says there will be based on what you said to him in DtT. If you were obedient, he'll note that; if you were defiant, he'll chide you.

I had that happen once with the Night Mother's coffin. Then I looked it up and discovered that most of the time, the game merely takes an abnormally long time to load, in some cases 5-10 minutes. The easiest way to figure out if that's what's happening is simply to press the Xbox guide button; if you hear the chime, the game is merely slowing down.

Also, it works in reverse as well with Mora. If you've already completed Discerning the Transmundane before entering Apocrypha for the first time, he'll confront you and what he says there will be based on what you said to him in DtT. If you were obedient, he'll note that; if you were defiant, he'll chide you.

Lol, I automatically turn my Xbox off when I only hear the chime.

GhaleonEB

Pretty awesome about Mora. Great attention to detail.
Lol, I automatically turn my Xbox off when I only hear the chime.

I do the same. Plus, on one of my attempts, I had a friend sign in and got the notification which froze on the screen. On one of my attempts I waited about five minutes. Good to know it's not a hard freeze, if I do the DB again I'll be more patient.

I'm torn on how to start out this character. I want to go sword and board, which is what I've done up to level 5, but I'm doing Dawnguard early one, which brings crossbows into the fold (I assume they operate on the archery tree). I might flip the order, and go archery when I get to Solstheim.

I do the same. Plus, on one of my attempts, I had a friend sign in and got the notification which froze on the screen. On one of my attempts I waited about five minutes. Good to know it's not a hard freeze, if I do the DB again I'll be more patient.

I'm torn on how to start out this character. I want to go sword and board, which is what I've done up to level 5, but I'm doing Dawnguard early one, which brings crossbows into the fold (I assume they operate on the archery tree). I might flip the order, and go archery when I get to Solstheim.

Be warned, sometimes the game actually is crashing in the Sanctuary. Just need to pay attention.

Do both. Most of my characters have daggers for backstabs, sword and board for open conflict, and a bow for sniping. It works fine.

I'm thinking of making a new character specifically to get the vampire achievement once I clear out Dragonborn and get to level 78 with the current one. Any ideas on what that one should be like?

Combine them, it's what I do. My sword and board characters always have a bow or crossbow on them, to deal with dragons or far-away enemies.

Plus, hunting deer with a sword is ridiculous. :lol

GhaleonEB

Do both. Most of my characters have daggers for backstabs, sword and board for open conflict, and a bow for sniping. It works fine.

Combine them, it's what I do. My sword and board characters always have a bow or crossbow on them, to deal with dragons or far-away enemies.

Plus, hunting deer with a sword is ridiculous. :lol
I....I can't do it. The stealth mechanics push me pretty strongly toward maximizing stealth and archery, while sword and board just makes me want to charge in. I've found I just don't enjoy mixing things up like that, for some reason. Plus my natural inclination to role play means I can't come up with character who is both a sneaky assassin and a sword and board Nord. So I always end up specializing, with magic filling in the supporting roles. Or in this case, going through distinct combat phases.

(On that note, I've conclude two-handed weapons are just...boring. The sword and shield mechanics are not complex but there's enough to it and the surrounding feedback systems are enough that's it's satisfying and fun. Two-handed is just swing....swing....swing....smash. Really dull. Hope Bethesda finds ways to make melee combat better across the board in TES VI.)

As for deer hunting, the only constant between all my characters has been a respect for non-hostile creatures. They don't attack me, I don't mess with them. So deer, foxes, etc. are all good in my book. A few of my characters were animal lovers who actually took out hunters who dared fire an arrow a the fox I was following. I may be a friend to animals, but the people of Skyrim have reason to worry.

Sword and board it is, for now. Alteration and Illusion are going to fill in for secondary skills, alongside crafting. I'm using the mage in the Blue Palace to level Destruction, which I don't plan to use, along the way. Once she's maxed that as far as she can go, I'll toggle to Restoration and so on for the other skills I don't play to utilize. It's a big money drain, but then I'm always looking for ways to actually spend coin and make loot valuable, so it's a good problem to have.

It does create an interesting situation, where my level is increasing faster than my primary skills are supporting. I'm level 9 when I would probably be level five or six, max, without Destruction training. So I might have a window where things get a bit more brutal than my character is leveled to. I'm trying to counter that with smart usage of the extra perks. It's actually an interesting problem to have, though a temporary one as five trainings a level will become a smaller and smaller part of the overall contribution.

Bleak Falls Barrow down. Several ass kickings received up north. Gonna settle in around Whiterun/Falkreath and adventure for a few days before unleashing dragons into the world, and then set out in pursuit of vampires. I've heard rumors they're on the rise. Already ran into a few, myself.

I....I can't do it. The stealth mechanics push me pretty strongly toward maximizing stealth and archery, while sword and board just makes me want to charge in. I've found I just don't enjoy mixing things up like that, for some reason. Plus my natural inclination to role play means I can't come up with character who is both a sneaky assassin and a sword and board Nord. So I always end up specializing, with magic filling in the supporting roles. Or in this case, going through distinct combat phases.

(On that note, I've conclude two-handed weapons are just...boring. The sword and shield mechanics are not complex but there's enough to it and the surrounding feedback systems are enough that's it's satisfying and fun. Two-handed is just swing....swing....swing....smash. Really dull. Hope Bethesda finds ways to make melee combat better across the board in TES VI.)

As for deer hunting, the only constant between all my characters has been a respect for non-hostile creatures. They don't attack me, I don't mess with them. So deer, foxes, etc. are all good in my book. A few of my characters were animal lovers who actually took out hunters who dared fire an arrow a the fox I was following. I may be a friend to animals, but the people of Skyrim have reason to worry.

Sword and board it is, for now. Alteration and Illusion are going to fill in for secondary skills, alongside crafting. I'm using the mage in the Blue Palace to level Destruction, which I don't plan to use, along the way. Once she's maxed that as far as she can go, I'll toggle to Restoration and so on for the other skills I don't play to utilize. It's a big money drain, but then I'm always looking for ways to actually spend coin and make loot valuable, so it's a good problem to have.

It does create an interesting situation, where my level is increasing faster than my primary skills are supporting. I'm level 9 when I would probably be level five or six, max, without Destruction training. So I might have a window where things get a bit more brutal than my character is leveled to. I'm trying to counter that with smart usage of the extra perks. It's actually an interesting problem to have, though a temporary one as five trainings a level will become a smaller and smaller part of the overall contribution.

Bleak Falls Barrow down. Several ass kickings received up north. Gonna settle in around Whiterun/Falkreath and adventure for a few days before unleashing dragons into the world, and then set out in pursuit of vampires. I've heard rumors they're on the rise. Already ran into a few, myself.

I don't use my bow and arrow as sneak weapons, just as long-range. A bow-wielder isn't neccesarily a sneaky bastard. ;)

I hunt animals for food. What, you're a Skyrim vegetarian? :lol

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I just discovered that mods are easy to install for PC.

Goodbye next week of my life.

Me too. I bought the PS3 version when the game came out and ended up trading it in because it was a mess. Now that I have a gaming PC I am having fun modding the game. I've spent hours going through Skyrim Nexus installing stuff and have barely even played the game yet, lol.

Dries

Started my second character and can't really be bothered to finish the main quest a second time. There's not really a reason to do it twice is there?

Slermy

Started my second character and can't really be bothered to finish the main quest a second time. There's not really a reason to do it twice is there?

Hmm... there are a couple of shouts
Call of Valor
and
Odahviing
, though the latter isn't as special if you have Dawnguard since you can get
Durnehviir

You could also see how it changes if you've completed the Civil War or not.

Overall, not too compelling of a reason to, no.

I worked over the weekend to clear out my Miscellaneous quest log. Man, I was surprised by how many of those started full-blown named quests!

I have one bugged quest in my Misc. Quest log: Investiage the Bard's College. I've already become a Bard. I'm just telling myself that my character is eternally suspicious of the college, that she'll never trust them.

I also worked through most of the Thief's guild quests. I've reclaimed the Guild's prestige in 3 out of 4 cities. And then once I do that, I'm on my way to leading my first faction! Exciting.

I'm 58 hours in and have done 0 other faction quests, completed the first couple dragon quests and just barely joined the Imperialists. There's a new expansion coming out in 2 weeks, and I don't need it yet. Still so much content.

Ghaleon, how many hours are you up to when you combine all your characters?

I worked over the weekend to clear out my Miscellaneous quest log. Man, I was surprised by how many of those started full-blown named quests!

I have one bugged quest in my Misc. Quest log: Investiage the Bard's College. I've already become a Bard. I'm just telling myself that my character is eternally suspicious of the college, that she'll never trust them.

I also worked through most of the Thief's guild quests. I've reclaimed the Guild's prestige in 3 out of 4 cities. And then once I do that, I'm on my way to leading my first faction! Exciting.

I'm 58 hours in and have done 0 other faction quests, completed the first couple dragon quests and just barely joined the Imperialists. There's a new expansion coming out in 2 weeks, and I don't need it yet. Still so much content.

I think Ghaleon's, Poland's and my play times are just things you do not want to know.

In any case, all my characters prior to my current one got wiped, so let's pretend I'm still on 70 hours.

I think Ghaleon's, Poland's and my play times are just things you do not want to know.

In any case, all my characters prior to my current one got wiped, so let's pretend I'm still on 70 hours.

Ghaleon's kind of an inspiration to me. I'm working on having my first kid and it's reassuring to know that I can still game as a father. :p

Also, what's the verdict on Dawnguard and Dragonborn? I'd heard Dragonborn is fantastic and Dawnguard is okay. That the consensus? Should I skip Dawnguard?

Ghaleon's kind of an inspiration to me. I'm working on having my first kid and it's reassuring to know that I can still game as a father. :p

Also, what's the verdict on Dawnguard and Dragonborn? I'd heard Dragonborn is fantastic and Dawnguard is okay. That the consensus? Should I skip Dawnguard?

I hope I turn out to be as cool a dad as Ghaleon seems to be.

Dawnguard adds a lot of the main game, which is why I think it's great. If you want DLC that just adds new landmasses or new quests, it may be not for you. But it adds a shitload of stuff that expands on what we saw before, like the Falmer and Vampires. It also allows you to craft arrows and dragonbone weapons. Not to mention that the areas it does add (including the Soul Cairn) are pretty awesome. I may be in the minority here, but I fucking love Dawnguard, and recommend it to anyone who enjoys the game.

Dragonborn is pretty much a full-blown expansion. Some things it does could've been done better (like the Dragon riding), but it's pretty much a must.

GhaleonEB

I don't use my bow and arrow as sneak weapons, just as long-range. A bow-wielder isn't neccesarily a sneaky bastard. ;)

I hunt animals for food. What, you're a Skyrim vegetarian? :lol

I can't resist that 3x bonus on the sneak tree when I'm using archery. And if I can get 3x with bows, that 15x with daggers is next.... :p

I love stealth in this game, so I just tend to go all in. And yes, my last character was a vegetarian. She hunted hunters.

I'll check later. It's a number that is somewhere between amazing and terrifyingly embarrassing. This is character #7. 0_o

Never seen one before? They were added with Dragonborn. Freaky, aren't they?

Nope, I encountered my first just now, in Skuldafn. They really threw everything they had at me there, felt great. Right after I killed Nahkriin an Elder and a Frost Dragon swooped down and attacked me, absorbing two souls at the same time is damn badass.

They remind me more of feral Ghouls than they remind me of Draugr, though.

So I'm going to get some points and buy some Skyrim DLC.

Which should i start with?

Depends. You want something simple and cozy, get Hearthfire.

You want an interesting questline with tons of new loot and characters, all integrated into the Skyrim you already know and love? Get Dawnguard.

You want a new landmass to fuck around with? Get Dragonborn.

Slermy

You want an interesting questline with tons of new loot and characters, all integrated into the Skyrim you already know and love? Get Dawnguard.

I would also mention that I think Hearthfire is better in tandem with another DLC. I like Hearthfire a lot, but focusing on it exclusively isn't as fun to me.

Also, the other day I found butter on a bandit I killed. I was estatic!

GhaleonEB

I would also mention that I think Hearthfire is better in tandem with another DLC. I like Hearthfire a lot, but focusing on it exclusively isn't as fun to me.

Also, the other day I found butter on a bandit I killed. I was estatic!

Hah, I'm the same way. Butter, honey and milk are better than gold.

Favorite detail added with Hearthfire: you can use windmills to grind wheat into flour for use in baking. They took something already in the world and gave it a use. I love stuff like that. (Also, crab legs.)

I love that all three DLC's add content that actually spans Skyrim. Stuff from Dragonborn, like Nordic armor, shows up in Skyrim proper. Each piece of DLC really did expand the game, rather than just add quests and locations. So many little details got filled in (smithing arrows!).

How does dragonborn compare to dawnguard with regards to questing? I know it opens up a whole new area but is there much to do? Or is it basically a new area for exploring?

Slermy

Dawnguard: More involved, branched main quest, some other side quests.
Dragonborn: Shorter main quest, lots of other more substantial side quests.

How does dragonborn compare to dawnguard with regards to questing? I know it opens up a whole new area but is there much to do? Or is it basically a new area for exploring?

There's a whole lot to do. It's basically a little slice of Morrowind. Bunch of quests. The main quest is crap, but the island and side quests are gold.

-Stranger-

Thanks for the low down :)

I have enough points here to get both Hearthfire & Dawnguard.
I'm 72 hours into Skyrim and i don't even feel half way done as it is! =P

Volimar

I finally got Dragonborn and...I can't get it to trigger. The list of addons says it's there, I've done way of the voice, but I have yet to be attacked by cultists and the Northern Maiden is not docked at Windhelm.

I finally got Dragonborn and...I can't get it to trigger. The list of addons says it's there, I've done way of the voice, but I have yet to be attacked by cultists and the Northern Maiden is not docked at Windhelm.

Just explore a bit. You'll run across them eventually, probably.

Slermy

The boat should be at Windhelm as soon as it's installed though, since you can travel there before encountering the cultists.

Try deleting the download and re-downloading?

I'm encountering a weird glitch now, too. Every time I sit down and switch to third person, the camera just goes haywire: it looks like the controls are inverted, but the camera is way higher than normal as well. Noticed it for the first time in Sovngarde, and noticed it again in the Silverblood Inn.

I'm encountering a weird glitch now, too. Every time I sit down and switch to third person, the camera just goes haywire: it looks like the controls are inverted, but the camera is way higher than normal as well. Noticed it for the first time in Sovngarde, and noticed it again in the Silverblood Inn.

Do you have a follower set? That's one of the first things I check when things start going weird all of a sudden indoors.

Also, had a bit of fun with my horse over the weekend.
yuDylbU.jpg
"I'M THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD!"

(my character is a Nord woman. :p)

JDdelphin

EDIT: I just ran into a Hulking Draugr. What the fuck. :lol

Yeah, I ran into one just now in a random dungeon...
I killed it and was moving on before I had that moment of 'wait, what WAS that?'

I really think both add a lot to the overall game in a lot of ways, they're both more than side missions which is really neat. I wouldn't say either is just a fluff expansion...

but then I like the little things you can do in hearthfire as well...

Volimar

Just explore a bit. You'll run across them eventually, probably.

No I found the problem. I downloaded the DLC and went to play. Looked all over, tried to get the quest to trigger, went to find the boat, nothing. So I exited out and went online to look for a solution. The official forums said to make sure you were using the newest version, so I went back to see what version I was playing, and as I started up the game it prompted me to update. I have no idea why it didn't do so right after I dl'd the DLC, but I guess Bethesda...

I was tired when i got to Solstheim, so after exploring the town a bit I decided to just do one quest.
The one where you get the pickaxe from the other dude. Of course, once I go to get it from him he wants me to check out the mine for his dead relative. Okay, I go do that. I make it through, kill the dragon priest, get the new shout, and find a weird black book. What's it say? Oh, it takes me into a realm of Oblivion. Mora looks so awesome. A Lovecraftian wet dream. So I finish that area and go back out and head back to town in time for a dragon to appear. I finish him off, absorb his soul, and my game freezes... That's my cue to call it a night and leave picking up the pieces for next time.
I should know better than to think I could just do one more quest...

Also, there's a lot of janky freeze lagging going on, making me wish I had a decent hard drive to install the game instead of the 4gb arcade version and a 8GB memory stick...

milsorgen

Banned
Me too. I bought the PS3 version when the game came out and ended up trading it in because it was a mess. Now that I have a gaming PC I am having fun modding the game. I've spent hours going through Skyrim Nexus installing stuff and have barely even played the game yet, lol.

Heh, who did you trade it to?

GhaleonEB

Started Dawnguard last night, heading to the fort and joining up. I didn't actually get further than that - I spent over an hour exploring (okay, looting) the fort, then working through Drop Dead Falls and the mine behind it. Not sure if it's supposed to be explored later, but it was a lot of fun.

I won't be using crossbows, they just don't feel as good as arrows to use; the feedback is pretty weak. But that decision got me frustrated when I found the enchanted bolts (fire, frost, lightning). That was one of the things from the Game Jam trailer I was most looking forward to, and I had no idea Bethesda had added it, but restricted them to crossbow bolts. Real bummer.

The fort and new characters are pretty great. I'm already surprised at the breadth of new content dotted around Skyrim and then in the valley proper; lots of new items and unique world elements.

I'll be balancing out Dawnguard with building my home, outside of Solitude. Training skills I'm not using is a big cash drain, so lots of side quests are flowing through as well, I'll be taking my time through it.

Has anyone gone through the Game Jam list of ideas and noted which ones got added, and from what? From the glimpses I've seen of my daughter's progress through the quest, between the three add-ons and the patches, Bethesda has added a huge number of the ideas from that mash up to the game. Tallying that up is the sort of thing I like to do, but I thought I'd ask first since someone else has probably done it.

Atruvius

Finally installed all the mods I wanted and tried multiple ENB until I finally found on that looked good and still had to tweak that some more. I actually thought I would play some Skyrim yesterday but both yesterday and today was spent modding. Feels so good to know that I can finally just concentrate on playing this, which I really haven't done on the PC version.

I am almost in a cathartic state.

What mods I got:
2K High Resolution Map - Mappa ad Alta Risoluzione
A Quality World Map - With Roads
ACE - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements
Better distant LOD waterfalls
Better MessageBox Controls
Better Quest Objectives
Calientes Female Body Mod Big Bottom Edition -CBBE-
Calientes Vanilla Outfits for CBBE
ENB Particle Fix
Enhanced Lights and FX
Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival
HD High Resolution Armors
High Quality LODs
Lush Grass
Lush Trees
No loading smoke
No Spinning Death Animation
RaceMenu
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
SkyUI
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Ultimate HD Fire Spells
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
W.A.T.E.R. - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux
Bethesda's High Resolution pack
Zoners High Performance ENB v2.0 ENB 0.139 (which ini I tweaked a lot)

Despite the ENB and some graphics mods the framerate stays quite smooth and drops under 50fps very rarely if at all. Mostly hovers around 60-55.

Man, Wulf's been having some bad luck when it comes to horses. Every single one he's bought so far has died. I think my sixth one just bit the bullet because of some Afflicted remnants.

Also, fuck manually traveling everywhere during the Imperial quests, I'm fast-traveling as much as I can for this segment. Once I get to Dawnguard I'll start doing it legit again. :lol

cdyhybrid

On this character I'm rushing through the main quest first so I can have
Odahviing
available for as many quests as possible. I haven't completed anything else other than some random bounty quests so far. Hope to be pretty strong by the time Dragonborn comes out so I can jump right into that.

On this character I'm rushing through the main quest first so I can have
Odahviing
available for as many quests as possible. I haven't completed anything else other than some random bounty quests so far. Hope to be pretty strong by the time Dragonborn comes out so I can jump right into that.

I'm summoning him during every battle in the Imperial questline. Get some legend-building going, "The Red Dragon of the Empire" or something. I like the sound of that.

I'm also running into an absurd amount of dragons this game. One spawned every time I went to the Pale Imperial camp. :lol

Atruvius

Frostfall is amazing. It has changed the way I look a the world of Skyrim. Now nights and snowstorms are actually a thing to avoid. I actually plan ahead when I travel and where. It makes the world feel more real when getting wet, either by rain or swimming in a river, is a thing you try to avoid.

ACE - Combat Skills makes the combat better from the vanilla's dull button mashing. Now I actually have to use shield bashing and move my character around to survive. All the perks are changed are more interesting and varied than before.

This is such a great game on PC. The last time I really played this game was like 9 months ago on my PS3. PC and PS3 versions are almost like from different generations. Mods just make such a big difference.

GhaleonEB

I'm summoning him during every battle in the Imperial questline. Get some legend-building going, "The Red Dragon of the Empire" or something. I like the sound of that.

I'm also running into an absurd amount of dragons this game. One spawned every time I went to the Pale Imperial camp. :lol

I wish the civil war questline acknowledged that you were Dragonborn, assuming you've advanced the main quest enough to get it out there. The Imperials should be pumped they've got the goddamn Dovahkin on their side, and the Stormcloaks terrified. I lead charges of the forts by shouting a few Stormcloaks right off the outer walls and to their deaths, FFS. Calling down your own dragon to tear them up should get a reaction, other than dead Stormcloaks.

Also, I've just barely started Dawnguard, but from what little I've played and from the bit I've seen from my daughter's romp (she just fought an
Ice Giant
, I can say it's fucking awesome and much different than I was expecting. I thought it would be a somewhat beefier questline that Knights of the Nine. This thing makes what Bethesda put into the Thieves Guild seem token.

Top Bottom