• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT| Het Kos Dovahhe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to mount the skulls of every dragon I kill in my home. Preferably on either side of a stone hallway, with a red carpet going down the middle.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
nickbreckon said:
Alright, some clarification.

We never lied. Some shots in the initial gameplay trailer were indeed captured on a PC -- using the 360 renderer. They were captured that way for logistical purposes. Essentially, the footage you saw is 360 footage -- or footage of the PC version if you have the graphics sliders at that level, depending on how you look at it.

I think the game looks great on 360/PS3. It can look even better on PC if you have a beefy machine due to the advanced graphics options/higher resolution/AA/etc. You guys can be the judge in a few days, but we're not engaging in deception here.

Explain why there is no PS3 footage ANYWHERE?? Your history on the PS3 has been less than steller and when asked you give vague quotes about the PS3 version getting extra attention. What does that exactly mean?

You know there are a few PS3 owners out there willing to spend our money on the game, but are very concerned that they will be getting the inferior version. How about letting us see some direct footage from the PS3 version for christ sakes. (and I can safely say Im not the only one asking this!)

Woorloog

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Thanks Nick, figured that was the case.

I can't sleep, goddammit.
Me neither. Of course i'm not even trying...
I really hope VPD sents my game tomorrow, with luck it comes earlier than Friday.

Tobor

sdornan said:
You've never heard of the the library fairy? Fairy comes in every night and organizes your bookshelf. Big part of Elder Scrolls lore.

Make sure to leave a bottle of Skuma under your pillow for the Library Fairy!

If not, she'll leave a Mudcrab in your underwear drawer.

supersaw said:
Any idea of when we can start pre-loading on steam so I can stop pacing around the house and chainsmoking?
Well I'm pretty much just going on nothing here, but I feel like it'll be available sometime tomorrow to start preloading. The only reason I say this is that MW3 was made available for preload on the 4th and it releases on the 8th, so maybe preloads happen 4 days ahead of time? I don't really know though, as I've never done any actual preloading so I'm not a very reliable source haha.

Lakitu

st5fu
Blue Ninja said:
Thanks Nick, figured that was the case.

I can't sleep, goddammit.

Watching the Skyrim northern lights video again is making me very sleepy. I can't get enough of it.

Woorloog said:
Is Skyrim (the game) Sovngarde for us (Nord version of Valhalla, ie Viking heaven)?
Just occured to me, while listening to A Place In Heave.

Yep.

Loxley

PhoenixDawn said:
Well I'm pretty much just going on nothing here, but I feel like it'll be available sometime tomorrow to start preloading. The only reason I say this is that MW3 was made available for preload on the 4th and it releases on the 8th, so maybe preloads happen 4 days ahead of time? I don't really know though, as I've never done any actual preloading so I'm not a very reliable source haha.

RAGE was also available for pre-loading a few days before its release if I remember correctly. So at this point I'd just assume Tuesday or Wednesday. Tomorrow if we're lucky, obviously :)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
X26 said:
do display cases auto arrange too? Took forever to try and make things look nice in oblivion

I hope not. I spend as much time arranging my
stolen
items in my
some dead guy's
home as I do completing quests.

My goodness. 17 hours on the weekend, total 25 hours with the pearl. More than 40 completed quests and not 10% full explored yet.

I'm shocked by how good Skyrim is. And the graphics in the 360 are not even close to those .gif above. They are much worse.

Skyrim is going to end with my life.

Solo

renitou said:
I recall reading something about the person at Bethesda in charge of the Dark Brotherhood quest line being responsible for a larger part of Skyrim's quests as a whole. May have been a pipe dream though.

That would be fantastic news.

Woorloog said:
Me neither. Of course i'm not even trying...
I really hope VPD sents my game tomorrow, with luck it comes earlier than Friday.
Had a goddamn shitty day, heck, it was almost worthy of the girl-age thread. I think it's gonna be okay now, but I'm still a bit messed up. The fact that I have to get up again in four and a half hours doesn't help, either.><

And throughout the day, I kept wishing I had Skyrim to distract me. Damn game should've come out a week sooner. :lol

Woorloog

Banned
Tobor said:
He was in charge of Fallout 3 IIRC.
FO3 main quest wasn't bad, some stupid plot holes and villain balling were annoying. Overall entertaining and of course overall the game was excellent, the main quest being but a part of the game...
DB quest chain was my favorite in Oblivion as well.

JoeBoy101

Bootaaay said:
There's definitely shadows on objects indoors, and the books do open them if you pick them up.

Also, cool little note about the houses you can buy, there's a book shelf that you can deposit books in and it automatically stacks and alphabetizes them for you :)

1307354581956.gif

Crazetex

Lakitu said:
I'd say it's more like me being a dumbarse. I read
animals have sleeping patterns and automatically connected sleeping with night.

Oh. Well then, excellent! What with tanning racks this time 'round this sounds perfect for low-level hunters.

Woorloog

Banned
Strange, i'm having fairly successfull blackout here. I only check out officially released pics, only listened to two tracks from OST and not watching any player-made videos.
Normally i cannot resist.

-GOUKI- said:
Am i the only one who thinks people getting excited about making your own library is kinda lame :/
What would you be ok with us getting excited about? Hurry up so we can start being excited!

Dorfdad

Gold Member
-GOUKI- said:
Am i the only one who thinks people getting excited about making your own library is kinda lame :/

No however this is GAF and alot of these users are like those people who love going to art shows and feeling special.

I buy games to play them, not organize books, or decorate my house. I'll get flamed of course because my opinion isn't the same as theirs.

ironcreed said:
Northern Lights video? I have seen screens, but no video displaying it. Where can we find this?
Well I don't know if this is the video others have been talking about but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97icwkir4Es
Don't go to it of course if you don't want spoilers about the atmosphere/ Northern Lights of course... (It only shows the Northern Lights in the video though, just don't read comments of video cause I can't guarantee there aren't spoilers there)

Woorloog

Banned
Dorfdad said:
No however this is GAF and alot of these users are like those people who love going to art shows and feeling special.

I buy games to play them, not organize books, or decorate my house. I'll get flamed of course because my opinion isn't the same as theirs.
If you don't bother decorating stuff, fine. Just don't complain about others liking it okay?

-GOUKI-

BobTheFork said:
What would you be ok with us getting excited about? Hurry up so we can start being excited!
Well i think the feature is neat but i don't see how this makes the game any better. Why not just read from your inventory. Seems like something i would get bored doing in real life like taking out the trash. All of a sudden its in a game and it's the best thing ever.

Cool news would be like being able to fly dragons or something.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Bootaaay said:
There's definitely shadows on objects indoors, and the books do open them if you pick them up.

Also, cool little note about the houses you can buy, there's a book shelf that you can deposit books in and it automatically stacks and alphabetizes them for you :)
Dont u be toyin with me heart, myyyyyy heart

Lakitu

st5fu
-GOUKI- said:
Well i think the feature is neat but i don't see how this makes the game any better. Why not just read from your inventory. Seems like something i would get bored doing in real life like taking out the trash. All of a sudden its in a game and its the best thing ever.

Cool news would be like being able to fly dragons or something.

It's a neat little detail. Also, it would be harder to scroll through your large inventory list just to read a book.

I assume you can just go up to a book and read it straight from your bookcase. Much easier.

I've had this game pre-ordered on 360 for months now, and I have been on a blackout. How does the 360 version look?

I have a PS3 and a 360.

-GOUKI- said:

WHAT?

since when is attention to detail in a role playing game lame?

JambiBum

Dorfdad said:

No you'll get flamed for being a dick about it, not disliking things other people like. The beauty of the ES series is that there is something for everyone to like.

ironcreed

Banned
Dorfdad said:

I certainly am not going to flame you. That is what makes The Elder Scrolls so damn special. There is such a plethora of content, that it can appeal to just about anyone. I happen to love fine little details that allow me to get immersed even further. If you don't, that's cool.

Wallach

I only play games to do real man things. Then when there's no real man things left to do I turn it off and eat the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom