• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Finals Season 4 is officially a success for Embark Studios.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

Fans of Valorant, fans of Overwatch, fans of Spies vs Mercs, fans of Concord...consider checking The Finals out. It's become my personal game of the generation due to it's best in class sandbox, teamplay & tactical design pillars.

Looks like Embark sailed through the rough waters with a hit.

Xtib81

Happy for them, though after 250hrs on the game I'm completely burned out. The game is incredible though.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How team dependent is it if a person is tired of herding cats and just wants to hop in solo for casual matches?
Play ranked and you'll rarely get cats for teammates. The player base is pretty good about playing the objective now. L class players can still be annoying to play with if they suck though.

Edit: I have no idea about the casual solo experience as I'm there to play as effectively and competitively as possible at all times.

Last edited:
It's certainly better than last season but they are still not great at balancing the game. Some things have been bombed into oblivion while other things that are clearly overperforming are left in. New map almost feels TOO destructible as well. Every building ends up a pile of rubble.

R6Rider

Gold Member
How team dependent is it if a person is tired of herding cats and just wants to hop in solo for casual matches?
The least team dependent mode is Bank It (my favorite mode with friends), but I'd say it's overall very team dependent. Just because how much more effective from a damage output, let alone the gadgets and abilities.

Give it a shot and try different modes.

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's certainly better than last season but they are still not great at balancing the game. Some things have been bombed into oblivion while other things that are clearly overperforming are left in. New map almost feels TOO destructible as well. Every building ends up a pile of rubble.
I feel like the throwing knives are still broken while the RPG got yet another nerf and is basically useless.

Play ranked and you'll rarely get cats for teammates. The player base is pretty good about playing the objective now. L class players can still be annoying to play with if they suck though.
The least team dependent mode is Bank It (my favorite mode with friends), but I'd say it's overall very team dependent. Just because how much more effective from a damage output, let alone the gadgets and abilities.

Give it a shot and try different modes.
Thanks for the replies. In a shooter lull now waiting for MR to come out, so I might give this a shot.

I feel like the throwing knives are still broken while the RPG got yet another nerf and is basically useless.
Haha yea. How do throwing knives do more damage than a god damn RPG?
I feel that lights can make the game unfun to play sometimes. Not necessarily overpowered perse but just extremely annoying and kinda ruins the flow. That and some of the melee weapons, especially after they "fixed" them. I also think the new weapons are overtuned somewhat.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Thanks for the replies. In a shooter lull now waiting for MR to come out, so I might give this a shot.
bon-appetit-julia-child.gif

Also, Xtib81 Xtib81 nailed it, Power Shift is a great casual mode.

Top Bottom