• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant |OT| Co-Hop? Bunny Hop!

kikii

Gold Member
Man I am getting absolutely torn apart by Invasions. I beat the story one where you meet Hailey by the skin of my teeth, but I can't touch the other two. All I keep hearing is that they're way too easy now, but every single person I heard that from is using Bunny, so I don't think they understand the struggle of other characters. I'm about halfway done with my Viessa build, but I don't understand how some extra AoE or cooldown reduction is suddenly gonna make me able to do these solo. I understand the puzzle stuff but I get murdered before I can even begin to work on them.

Is there some secret to endgame content that makes it possible (outside of just use Bunny)? Which defensive stats are worthwhile in endgame? I heard shield sucks so I have been loading up on DEF and HP, but I'm still getting killed super quick in any "hard" mode content. I started researching copies of Thunder Cage and building that out too. Should I just be focusing on maxing out my builds on my gun and Descendant before trying these again, will it make much of a difference?
8mZvBGA.jpeg

I use Ult. Bunny as well but they are all easily doable with any Descendant now, it's probably your weapon and I would even say forget about Defense. Usually I don't put a defense module in, just HP, defense is in my 1-2(?) external components.
What is your weapon DPS? My enduring legacy has 900k+ lol.

I'll do the invasions today with Viessa and write the times I get.
Didn't sleep well, be back later. :p

kikii

Gold Member
I use Ult. Bunny as well but they are all easily doable with any Descendant now, it's probably your weapon and I would even say forget about Defense. Usually I don't put a defense module in, just HP, defense is in my 1-2(?) external components.
What is your weapon DPS? My enduring legacy has 900k+ lol.

I'll do the invasions today with Viessa and write the times I get.
Didn't sleep well, be back later. :p
thundercage 4life end of story =D

Lunnarre

Neo Member
Man I am getting absolutely torn apart by Invasions. I beat the story one where you meet Hailey by the skin of my teeth, but I can't touch the other two. All I keep hearing is that they're way too easy now, but every single person I heard that from is using Bunny, so I don't think they understand the struggle of other characters. I'm about halfway done with my Viessa build, but I don't understand how some extra AoE or cooldown reduction is suddenly gonna make me able to do these solo. I understand the puzzle stuff but I get murdered before I can even begin to work on them.

Is there some secret to endgame content that makes it possible (outside of just use Bunny)? Which defensive stats are worthwhile in endgame? I heard shield sucks so I have been loading up on DEF and HP, but I'm still getting killed super quick in any "hard" mode content. I started researching copies of Thunder Cage and building that out too. Should I just be focusing on maxing out my builds on my gun and Descendant before trying these again, will it make much of a difference?
Without seeing your gear and mods it's hard to really give you advice on what you need, but no you don't need bunny, she just makes it faster/easier to get to the boss.

Last edited:
yes for bosses aswel as it crits so much

If you build for it, the TC was weak point oriented afair, you could go for the Python if you want Crit. Going with your argument I could build the EL like that as well, lol. Or just take my maxed Enzo with my Super duper rare Crit mod. :p

kikii

Gold Member
If you build for it, the TC was weak point oriented afair, you could go for the Python if you want Crit. Going with your argument I could build the EL like that as well, lol. Or just take my maxed Enzo with my Super duper rare Crit mod. :p
thundercage is for everyone =)

Ok I just did The Shelter Invasion with my Viessa (Only an Energy Activator & 5(?) Catalysts), 7:41, not gold. I will try again, maybe I will get gold the second time.
7:16, the boss reset 2x lol, I just couldn't really peek and shoot because I was low HP and the game didn't drop any health. -_-

I will try the next invasion now.

Other invasion: 3:22 easy gold.

Last edited:

panda-zebra

Worth mentioning, if you want more than 6(?) Descendants you have to pay for character slots. Only thing I dislike, it's cheap don't get me wrong but this should have been free for everyone (I have every Descendant lol).
Have a lot of playtime in this game so I spent a bit of money for skins etc.
Think it might be 10 descendants. It's presets that give you 6 to start off with I think?

They're flailing around like dickheads right now, whiplashing from one extreme to another because they're NOT TESTING. It's all well and good making changed, but It's a waste of time and effort that they don't need suffer through in the first place lol.
It feels like their alpha/testing pools must just be full of yes men happy to feel special seeing content before it goes live. Or maybe it's like people reported from the betas - they report exactly what sucks and why and just get ignored anyway.

I started with Viessa and took her through a bulk of the campaign, switching to Valby late on and making far better progress and enjoying things way more in those Fortress levels. If I knew then what I do now I'd have dropped Viessa asap and gone all in on Bunny as soon as it was possible, because it just slowed progress down and made things too frustrating along the way. Even doing something as simple as void shards was a bit of a slog, and I was thankful if a bunny ran past and wiped everything - that should have been enough to force the issue but I mistakenly thought the relatively little investment I'd made in her was worth sticking with and building on. For me she never got good while half built, a combo of me not knowing wtf I was doing early on and her just not being all that amazing until she was more rounded out with one of the good red mods. It was fairly trivial to get the ult later using a better selection of other descendants to get the job done.

Esparadrapo

Neo Member
Pejo Pejo They are gear-gated. If you don't have enough survivability you will struggle. If you don't have enough attack you won't be able to complete it at all. Follow a guide for your character. It's fine if you can't put catalysts on all your modules but the HP ones maxed are a must have. As already said, tune your components leaning towards HP when it makes sense. Taking half an hour to farm the ones you miss is really worth it.

For the bosses you need a large HP pool, check your bank for any sensors that adds HP/HP. Def is okay at best tbh.

For modules, again you'll want at least 2 HP skills maxed out. If you have HP collector, then that's a god send to add.

You also require a decent weapon like a machine gun with a large ammo pool. I use enduring legacy, well worth spending the catalysts on.

peek

Just unlocked Hailey... oh lawdy, shes 100% gonna be my new main.

And I havent even left Albion yet. 😅

Pejo

Thanks to those of you in the thread that offered some advice. I spent the last few days grinding out some upgrades, and found that my biggest problem was a mostly undeveloped gun. I have decision paralysis when I have too many options, so I was saving my activators/catalysts until I found something I really liked. This, as a result, was making me exceptionally weak all around. I decided that everything is farmable and I need to progress, so I went all in on Thunder Cage. Farmed the remaining 3 copies I needed to max out the Unique skill, and have dumped 3 catalysts into it already while using a supposed "meta" build for it. My kill times have reduced substantially, and I'm continuing to improve my Viessa as I level up and catalyze her repeatedly as well. I want to get to the point where I can reliably solo a Hard outpost with little to no stress with this setup before I try Invasions again.

In addition, I'd like to announce (excuse the brightness, Win10 sucks at taking HDR screenshots and washes them out):
B7r4evJ.jpeg

If I can't beat the problems, I can at least join them.

I've been putting nearly all of my free gaming time into this game the past few days, so my account has gotten quite a bit better as a result. Managed to farm up a few more Ult weapons too. I still am kinda disappointed by most of them, a lot of the skills seem worthless on paper and most don't even feel "unique" to use.

Novaex

Neo Member
Kinda disappointed with the season. I like a lot of the stuff they changed to make farming easier.I like the QOL changes. Hailey is great and imo one of the best designed characters.
But the seasonal content is very underwhelming. Running four dungeons daily got boring quickly. Especially after they removed any challenge. But my biggets disappointment are the season perks.
They couldn't have made them more boring. I mean c'mon...they are temporary. Give us some fun stuff. Something like a chance to trigger a bigass lightning strike, a perk that tripples our running speed, a massive range increase for our grappling hook.... so many possibilities. We also got barely any new story, which was pretty disappointing. There are a few cutscenes in the trailer so I hope thatt the second part of the update will be better in that regard.
The devs really need to step up with the second season though. I'm still very positive as they have been doing a great job with listening to the community so far.

What do you guys think about the first season so far?

Last edited:

Pejo

Cool site I found that shows best locations to farm specific mods. The in-game list just shows every possible location they can drop from, so it's tough to target a single one (unless I am missing something).

panda-zebra

What do you guys think about the first season so far?
Dull, for many of the reasons you mention. For a publisher that's apparently as ruthless as Nexon, I don't understand why the BP is so underwhelming and why the weapon in there isn't at least passable at free tier and then utterly amazing fully upgraded with 4 extra copies. In general, how the designers/devs ever thought that such seasonal content was the place to offer challenge, how it wasn't tuneable and multi-player like almost everything else and how it was supposed to carry at least half a season... once I got Hailey there was no way I'd ever step foot in another daily mission, even though a good amount of points are on offer for the extra shop and its skins, I'm just not going to engage.

All the other changes to the game (the QoL improvements etc.) have 99% been huge Ws, but it feels like there's lag between the game they'd planned to offer and the game the playerbase wants to take part in. Steering that ship seems to be taking considerable course-correction. I'm personally thinking they're going to be running into the exact same problem all these games do - there just won't be the content to satisfy player demand, hence rushing out as many skins as they could early days.

Esparadrapo

Neo Member
I honestly think Nexon wants to fail or is carrying on an experiment designed to test the limits of the player base.

Designing the ultimates with those ugly helmets was genious so peeps would buy a head skin but on the other hand they are offering garbage and a very short selection at that. It's like they got tired halfway.

And the whole game is like that, a half-assed effort at everything. Bosses are an example of this being recycled nonstop.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I'm building my brand new Ult Bunny as we speak. I had the normal version leveled to 40 but no catalysts/activators in her, so it's been a night/day difference now that my overall account strength has skyrocketed. Using my skill range/crit mods from my Viessa build, even at Ult Bunny level 1, I can totally see why she's everyone's default character now. There's no aiming or weak spots or worrying about cover or any of that, you just run, and everything dies. I've seen other players doing it since the beginning of the game, but now I finally get it. Spent some time in Kingston last night farming Reactors for her, and got a decent one.

Took a break after that to mix it up and do some other activities, and managed to one-shot TWO of Ult Valby's 6% components. No shit, the 32% drop took me hours to farm in comparison though, but yea, anyways:
CSu8tvP.jpeg

Going to concentrate on my Thunder Cage and building my Ult Bunny/Viessa for now. What do you guys usually grind these days for proficiency/character xp? Still the Kuiper mining/Defend resources stuff, or is there something better? I'm not into weird stuff like starting/abandoning void shards every 5 seconds, so just normal activities with high yield, is what I'm looking for.

n0razi

So I'm building my brand new Ult Bunny as we speak. I had the normal version leveled to 40 but no catalysts/activators in her, so it's been a night/day difference now that my overall account strength has skyrocketed. Using my skill range/crit mods from my Viessa build, even at Ult Bunny level 1, I can totally see why she's everyone's default character now. There's no aiming or weak spots or worrying about cover or any of that, you just run, and everything dies. I've seen other players doing it since the beginning of the game, but now I finally get it. Spent some time in Kingston last night farming Reactors for her, and got a decent one.

Took a break after that to mix it up and do some other activities, and managed to one-shot TWO of Ult Valby's 6% components. No shit, the 32% drop took me hours to farm in comparison though, but yea, anyways:
CSu8tvP.jpeg

Going to concentrate on my Thunder Cage and building my Ult Bunny/Viessa for now. What do you guys usually grind these days for proficiency/character xp? Still the Kuiper mining/Defend resources stuff, or is there something better? I'm not into weird stuff like starting/abandoning void shards every 5 seconds, so just normal activities with high yield, is what I'm looking for.

Got to this point and the game just instantly got so boring and haven't touched it in weeks now.

Pejo

New patch notes are up: https://tfd.nexon.com/en/news/2641642

# PDT 2024.09.12 (Thu) 7:00 AM– The ‘(3) Miscellaneous’ section in Bug Fixes has been updated to be excluded from Hotfix 1.1.2.

Greetings, Descendants.

We are here to give you the details about patches for The First Descendant Hotfix 1.1.2, applied maintenance-free on Thursday, 9/12.

■ Patch Schedule

- 09.12.2024 (Thu) 06:00 PDT

■ Platforms

- Steam, Xbox Series X│S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5

■ Patch Details

Content Improvements

(1) Content

- Removed certain Dungeon Penalties that appear in the Invasion.

ㄴ When using a General Round Weapon, Bullet Cost +1

ㄴ When using an Impact Round Weapon, Bullet Cost +1

ㄴ When using a Special Round Weapon, Bullet Cost +1

ㄴ When using a High-Power Round Weapon, Bullet Cost +1

ㄴ When using Roll, Firearm ATK -3.6% (up to 10 stacks)

ㄴ When using Grappling Hook, Skill Power -43.6% (30s duration)

ㄴ When using Skill, Movement Speed -50% (30s duration)

ㄴ When aiming, Incoming Damage Modifier +2.7%

- HP Orbs that appear in Intercept Battles now recover 25% of Max HP instead of 20%.

- MP Orbs that appear in Intercept Battles now recover 16% of Max MP instead of 13%.

- Lowered the difficulty of Normal/Hard 'Dead Bride.'

ㄴ Decreased the frequency of 'Teleport' while Frenzied.

ㄴ Decreased the range of 'Snow Storm (the veil consisting of Chill)' and reduced the damage.

ㄴ Decreased the Part HP of the Amplifier.

- Lowered the difficulty of Normal 'Hanged Man.'

ㄴ Greatly reduced the Part HP of the 'Charger (the object inside the mouth that attacks while Frenzied).'

ㄴ Greatly reduced the damage of 'Thunder Wave (the wave of thunder emanating from the center).'

ㄴ Greatly reduced the damage of 'Charging Laser (the laser fired from the mouth when you fail to destroy the Charger).'

ㄴ Decreased the damage of the Thunderbolt skill that occurs while Frenzied.

ㄴ Decreased the duration of the 'Electric Cannon (the electric sphere).'

- Lowered the difficulty of the 'Deception Transmitter (Defense)' mission at the 'Sterile Land: Rockfall.'

- Knockdown damage will not occur in a row when damaged by traps.

- Made monsters spawn faster in the Extermination Mission of the Hard Infiltration Operation 'Echo Swamp: Seed Vault,' and lowered the required amount for the Collection Mission.

- The Data Collection Mission of the Hard Infiltration Operation 'Hagios: The Old Mystery' has been changed to a Traversal Mission.

- In the Invasion: Legion of Immortality, the maximum distance for feeding Artificial Brains to the Quantum Computing Unit has been changed from 2m to 3.5m.

- Added sniper monsters to the 'Fortress: Defense Line" Void Fragment mission to prevent simple macros.

- The ESC menu can now be activated during the DBNO state.

- Changed the Aim Assist settings for controllers.

ㄴ The default value is now 50 instead of 80.

ㄴ The maximum Aim Assist range for every weapon except Sniper Rifles has been changed to 100m.

ㄴ Aim Assist now reactivates faster when targeting multiple enemies in a row.

ㄴ The minimum distance for Camera Auto Rotate to trigger has been changed to 4m or above.

ㄴ Weakened the pull strength of crosshair towards the center of an enemy.

ㄴ Decreased the duration of Aim Assist when trying to target another monster.

# Director's Comments
The Dev Team is aware of the feedback regarding Aim Assist and has improved the feature to further enhance the console player experience.
Previously, the Aim Assist feature made delicate control difficult as the aim automatically turns towards a nearby monster or focuses on the enemy's torso when you want to attack their Weak Points.
With this improvement, the players with controllers now have more control over their aiming, while new players are given appropriate assistance.
- Added page 13 for the Season 1 Battle Pass. 'Crystallization Catalysts' and 'Energy Activators' have been added as rewards.

# Director's Comments
To meet the community's expectations for further improving the value of the Battle Pass rewards, we temporarily added page 13 for the Season 1 Battle Pass while providing 'Crystallization Catalysts' and 'Energy Activators' as the rewards.
Even if you have already reached Season Level 96, you can still receive the additional rewards on page 13.
The Dev Team is working hard to incorporate feedback from the community to further improve the game and provide more value to players.
Based on the feedback we received during the pre-season, we have improved the Season 1 Battle Pass to make it easier to achieve weekly and seasonal missions.
We appreciate your continued interest in the Season 1 Battle Pass along with the Battle Supply Shop where you can receive free rewards.

(2) Ultimate Weapon

- Improved the base performance and unique ability of the Ultimate Weapon 'Wave of Light (Scout Rifle).'

ㄴ Decreased the recoil of 'Solar Halo' while increasing the 'Firearm Critical Hit Rate.' Increased the 'Duration' of the effect depending on the enhancement level.

ㄴ Hitting enemies while 'Solar Halo' is active now creates 'Dusk,' inflicting 'Lunar Halo' to enemies within the range.

ㄴ 'Firearm ATK' increases on hitting enemies inflicted with 'Lunar Halo.'

- Improved the base performance and unique ability of the Ultimate Weapon 'King's Guard Lance (Beam Rifle).'

ㄴ Increased the 'Base Fire Rate' of King's Guard Lance while decreasing the base time it takes to charge.

ㄴ You can now place up to three 'Guardian Lances,' and the Lances automatically attack enemies within the 'DMG Range' when placed.

ㄴ The 'Damage Interval' of the 'Guardian Lance' is now affected by the 'Fire Rate' of King's Guard Lance.

ㄴ Increased the 'Duration' of the 'Guardian Lance' depending on the enhancement level.

ㄴ Increased the 'Duration Increase Upon Hit' and 'DMG Range' of the 'Guardian Lance,' with the maximum possible increase in range being limited.

- Improved the base performance and unique ability of the Ultimate Weapon 'Executor (Shotgun).'

ㄴ Increased the base 'Hip Fire Accuracy' and 'Aimed Shot Accuracy' of 'Executor.'

ㄴ When the 'Executor's Exaltation' effect is active, failing to hit all fired bullets will no longer decrease the amount of stacks.

ㄴ Decreased the maximum stacks of the 'Executor's Exaltation' effect, and firing the gun at maximum stacks will no longer disable the ability.

ㄴ Increased 'Accuracy' and 'Firearm Critical Hit Rate' based on the adjusted maximum stacks of the 'Executor's Exaltation' effect. 'Firearm Critical Hit Damage' and 'Fire Rate' are also increased now.

ㄴ The 'Executor's Exaltation' effect at maximum stacks now increases 'Weak Point Damage' instead of 'Firearm ATK.'

ㄴ 'Firearm ATK' is no longer increased when hitting enemies inflicted with 'Electrocution.'

- Improved the base performance and unique ability of the Ultimate Weapon 'Peace Maker (Hand Cannon).'

ㄴ The 'Single Reload for Peace' effect is now also granted when using a 'Fusion' skill.

ㄴ The 'Skill Cost' of the 'Single Reload for Peace' effect now decreases depending on the enhancement level.

ㄴ Increased the 'Non-Attribute Skill Power per Stack' of the 'Single Reload for Peace' effect.

- Improved the base performance and unique ability of the Ultimate Weapon 'EXCAVA (Assault Rifle).'

ㄴ Decreased the maximum stacks of 'Voltage Charge' depending on the enhancement level in order to grant the 'Energy Grenade' effect more quickly.

ㄴ Increased Additional Damage for shooting while aiming when the 'Energy Grenade' effect is active depending on the enhancement level.

ㄴ Slightly increased the projectile size of the 'Energy Grenade.'

ㄴ Increased the Electric Resistance Decrease of the 'Voltage Accumulation' effect depending on the enhancement level.

(3) UI/UX

- The 'Filter all as junk' function has been retooled to 'Bulk Exclude Junk Filter.'

ㄴ Now it functions by specifying conditions for which ones to not designate as junk.

ㄴ 'Option Filter' now allows you to choose whether the items are excluded if they meet only one specified condition, or more than two.

ㄴ With this change, the current settings for 'Filter all as junk' will be reset, so please make sure to check your 'Exclude from junk' settings before you dismantle items.

For weapons, ‘Ultimate or Higher’, ‘Level 1 or Higher’ must be set to exclude level 1 ultimate weapons from Junk. Once set, all level 100 Rare Tier weapon will be selected as junk. As the Filter option has been changed from select to exclude, make sure you check your ‘Exclude from junk’ settings before you dismantle items.

- Made improvements so that players can move between Inventory and Map more easily.

ㄴ Pressing the Map (M) button in an Inventory menu (Inventory, Descendants, Customize, Consumables, Battle Pass, Shop) allows you to enter the Map screen.

ㄴ Pressing the Inventory (I) button in a Map menu (Map, Library, Journal, Quest, Social) allows you to enter the Inventory screen.

- You can now bind hotkeys for the Library, Consumables, Journal, Social, Battle Pass, and Shop menus in Game Options.

- You can now immediately choose a selectable reward before you begin Hard Infiltration Operations.

- The Weapons List in Customize now displays the status of skins for each weapon.

- At the Library, the items obtained from Research are also displayed in the acquisition info. You can also check tooltips for Amorphous Materials now.

- 'Change Firing Mode' in the gameplay settings is now enabled by default.

Bug Fixes

(1) UI/UX

- Fixed an issue where it automatically switched to the Tracked Items tab upon entering the Research screen if there are completed or in-progress Research Items.

- Fixed an issue where the Usage Information button is not displayed for the tooltips of certain common skins.

- Fixed an issue where entering a private battlefield as a party and leaving the party could turn the battlefield to public. Now you are sent to Albion the moment you leave your party on a private battlefield.

- Fixed an issue where trying to equip a Module when the Socket Type is changed could incorrectly display accumulated applied values.

(2) Descendants & Ultimate Weapons

- Fixed an issue where the effect remains if Ajax’s Barrier is immediately destroyed at the time it is created

- When Hailey uses the 'Zenith' skill, it is now affected by the 'Movement Speed' of her current weapon rather than her Unique Weapon. This allows the 'Arche Pacemaker' effect of the Inversion Reinforcement to be properly applied.

- If the Max HP of an ally healed by Yujin is less than 1, the amount of recovery is now calculated based on the target's 'Max Energy Shield.'

- Fixed an issue where 'King's Guard Lance' blocked enemy projectiles.

(3) Miscellaneous

- Fixed an issue where the "Collect Ironheart Particles” quest was not being completed despite being carried out.

ㄴ After the hotfix patch, the reward will be automatically applied upon re-login.

- (Excluded) Fixed an issue in the Invasion: Order of Truth mission where interacting with a drone before starting the battle with a Named Monster could complete the mission.

ㄴ This issue will be fixed on Hotfix 1.1.3.

- Fixed an issue in the Invasion: Legion of Immortality mission where dying during the battle against a Named Monster could cause certain UI to not properly show up.

- Fixed an issue in the Agna Desert: The Asylum (Normal) Infiltration Operation where dying during the battle against a Named Monster could cause the door to not open.

Thank you.

Scary_Larry

Been extremely intrigued by this game. These latest patches a good time to dive in? Been hitting some episode missions in Destiny 2. My interest is waining on it. How is the gunplay feel to this? Not expecting Destiny levels mind you.

RaptorGTA

Been extremely intrigued by this game. These latest patches a good time to dive in? Been hitting some episode missions in Destiny 2. My interest is waining on it. How is the gunplay feel to this? Not expecting Destiny levels mind you.

I am very much enjoying it. I have 44 hours in this game and I am still hooked...though that may not be a lot for this type of grinding based game..but for me, my interest in a game usually dies off at 20 some hours.

I would say to try it out.

What do you guys usually grind these days for proficiency/character xp? Still the Kuiper mining/Defend resources stuff, or is there something better? I'm not into weird stuff like starting/abandoning void shards every 5 seconds, so just normal activities with high yield, is what I'm looking for.

Magister Lab, around 3 minutes for the mission. If you play this mission you'll get to lvl 40 in like 20-30 minutes, lol.
It's faster than Kuiper Mine and you will get a specific Hailey part every couple of clears.

Pejo

As an ex-Destiny (1) addict, I can say it scratches a lot of itches. The gunplay is fine, but it's a TPS instead of a FPS, so take that for what it is. The movement and traversal I find to be quite a bit better than Destiny, once you get used to the grapple (I recommend using mid-air grapple as soon as you get the mod chip for it, it's a gamechanger). Loot is mostly unexciting except when you get a rare red (transcendant tier) mod drop. In this game, they're kinda like spec items that will refine/change a particular skill of a character. There's a lot of trash to sort through, but the update today makes it a lot easier to just set up your auto-junking preferences and let the game handle the heavy lifting.

Anyways, if you liked Destiny, I think this at least deserves a try for you, it's free to get into after all. I can't speak much to Destiny 2, because I quit after the Witch Queen patch, so I'm not sure how that game currently is.

Pejo

Man the updated King's Guard Lance is a lot of fun to play around with. I can't say if it's actually worthwhile to use or not since I haven't built it and just used it to mess around, but it actually is unique and strategic fun to use. Is it necessary in a game with Bunny? Absolutely not. But it at least does something totally unique. You can make a Venn diagram of death with it.

You could ask yourself, is anything really necessary in a game with a maxed bunny?
Only versus bosses/colossi someone like Haley/Lepic is better.
I'm maxing a Blair at the moment because he is fun but man, Bunnies are just broken lol, she is the most used Descendant probably.

panda-zebra

You can make a Venn diagram of death with it.
lol. The area these things cover will be pretty huge when everything maxed and they're shot at, but like you said it's probably not going to be worth using other than to mess around with something different for the sake of it.

So with wife and daughter gone for the weekend I figured I give this game a spin. Unlocked Bunny, so I have a question, if I don’t yet have a Char with fire or ice skill, I just can’t do the destroy void shard missions that require those skills? Or can I join a group with someone else who has it?

So with wife and daughter gone for the weekend I figured I give this game a spin. Unlocked Bunny, so I have a question, if I don’t yet have a Char with fire or ice skill, I just can’t do the destroy void shard missions that require those skills? Or can I join a group with someone else who has it?
You may help but won't get any shards as rewards.

Pejo

So my Ult Bunny and Thunder Cage are strong enough now to easily get to the bosses of Invasions but my gun DPS isn't enough to take any of them down before it times out and insta-kills me. I'm running this TC build, and it's just not cutting the mustard for the Invasion bosses. (once again, sorry about the image being washed out, I still haven't found a good way to take HDR screenshots)
GxxycHC.jpeg

I do have some more building with my TC, I realize. The template I am using has Sweeping Squad in that last slot which seemingly will be minimal impact in these cases, since the amount of adds during the boss phases of invasions doesn't seem to be enough to keep the buff stacked to max (or even active).

What's the best single target boss killer gun? I remember several of you saying you stick by the Enduring Legacy, so that's the answer I'm expecting, but I'm open to other suggestions too. Man this has been a slog just trying to get to an acceptable power level to be able to do these damn invasions. Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but they didn't mention if the co-op versions would be ready before the season is over and I want to try to get some of those BP "free" shop items, most of them tied to quests about Invasions.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

kikii

Gold Member
So my Ult Bunny and Thunder Cage are strong enough now to easily get to the bosses of Invasions but my gun DPS isn't enough to take any of them down before it times out and insta-kills me. I'm running this TC build, and it's just not cutting the mustard for the Invasion bosses. (once again, sorry about the image being washed out, I still haven't found a good way to take HDR screenshots)
GxxycHC.jpeg

I do have some more building with my TC, I realize. The template I am using has Sweeping Squad in that last slot which seemingly will be minimal impact in these cases, since the amount of adds during the boss phases of invasions doesn't seem to be enough to keep the buff stacked to max (or even active).

What's the best single target boss killer gun? I remember several of you saying you stick by the Enduring Legacy, so that's the answer I'm expecting, but I'm open to other suggestions too. Man this has been a slog just trying to get to an acceptable power level to be able to do these damn invasions. Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but they didn't mention if the co-op versions would be ready before the season is over and I want to try to get some of those BP "free" shop items, most of them tied to quests about Invasions.
uhmm Moxsys builds are okee >>

also check his discord there is very helpful peeps ^^

Esparadrapo

Neo Member
Pejo Pejo The only moment you are supposed to use the Thunder Cage with Bunny is for those shields some enemies have that are only vulnerable to gun damage and they are not that hard to take out. Even dungeons with electric damage reduced are superfast with Bunny. Your TC is fine and you should focus on your character build. As kikii said, Moxsy's builds are solid.

Pejo

uhmm Moxsys builds are okee >>

also check his discord there is very helpful peeps ^^

Thanks for the video, but damn 30 mins long... lol. Maybe I'll watch it during lunch tomorrow or something. It seems like every Viessa/Bunny build talks about that Dangerous Ambush mod and I can't get the damn thing to drop, so maybe I should spend some time target farming it. I scanned the hard mode maps for a while and saw it has a 5% drop rate from a mission in the Sterile Zone, so now I know where to try at least. It seems to be bugged and does a flat 25% damage boost regardless of the enemy's targeting or state. I'm getting about 190k per tick of my Bunny's skill, so that'd be a nice boost.

Pejo Pejo The only moment you are supposed to use the Thunder Cage with Bunny is for those shields some enemies have that are only vulnerable to gun damage and they are not that hard to take out. Even dungeons with electric damage reduced are superfast with Bunny. Your TC is fine and you should focus on your character build. As kikii said, Moxsy's builds are solid.
I am obviously not min/maxed with her but I was hoping I wouldn't have to be in order to just complete an invasion, but there doesn't seem to be any shortcuts to it, so I guess I'll just grit and bear it. I really hate all of the iterative meaningless gameplay to continually cycle 1-40 for both guns and characters. The fastest place I've found to level her is that Electric Void shard thing in the cave, but it's mind numbingly boring and you aren't getting any decent drops even for fodder the whole time.

If I wanted to build a gun for taking out bosses fast, which one would you guys recommend?

Esparadrapo

Neo Member
Pejo Pejo Sadly, invasions seem to be behind a gear wall instead of a skill wall. If you are undergeared they are not more tedious or difficult, they are outright impossible. It would be easily fixed allowing co-op but dunno why the developers when for the exclusively solo approach.

The weapons recommended for bosses are character dependant. For example Executor is the new meta for Gley. Enduring Legacy seems to be a good all-rounder for everyone but different characters need different weapons.

To deal with the grinding I do different things and take it easy. I just unlocked Hailey by doing the dailies and everything else is the same way. You level your characters and weapons just by doing different stuff. Grinding in the bunny cave seems a good way to burn yourself out. Same with grinding weapon levels with Viessa restarting missions. It's just stuff you shouldn't do and the developers were surprised at the rate some people were going through content.

peek

Alright boys, hit 400ish hours and finally getting bored. Im surprised it even got me that many hours out of it! Been a blast, but time to play some other games for a bit. Least, until oct whenever for the ult freyna.

mitch1971

Gold Member
All Decendants built and ranked. All weapons ranked for mastery (apart from that glutton gun). All special weapons unique specialties ranked out.

Now to give some other games a look in.

peek

All Decendants built and ranked. All weapons ranked for mastery (apart from that glutton gun). All special weapons unique specialties ranked out.

Nice. I got to mastery rank 24, and fully built like 3 chars. I usually go HARD on games like this for a while, then just kinda suddenly stop and find something else to obsess over xD

AteBitWolf

Neo Member

Now build ult valby and farm the peace maker. You ain't done!

Enduring legacy will shred any dungeon/invasion boss pretty quick and is a top tier gun for intercepts as well. Just all around one of the best single target guns in the game.
I said so, but noooo the Thundercage got the attention.

Matt Leblanc Whatever GIF

:D

Also yeah I stopped playing more than a week ago as well, I got bored and I also got around 400h out of it. Maxed (as in fully built) a few Descendants, all Descendants lvl 40, got all weapons (even the blue ones) to lvl 40, yeah done, lol.

Good thing Space Marine 2 dropped, I was just wasting time with TFD.

I might go back to Destiny 2 and get that last trophy for the Platinum I needed a few years ago. Strike on highest difficulty or something like that.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well I'm making some good progress on maxing out my Bunny. I've been taking a break after a half hour in the cave and was able to get lucky again on Ult Descendant pieces. Lepic is the last one I don't have, and honestly I'm not in a rush. Not really gonna bother farming the regular descendants until they either get Ult versions or the devs release that thing where you can convert your progress from a regular descendant to it's Ult version. I already have Sharen and Enzo built enough for their roles of Stealth and opening vaults, so I'm done wasting my time otherwise with standard Descendants.

Also managed to finally get that Dangerous Ambush mod by running that Sterile Land mission over and over. Didn't take too long though, maybe a half hour or 45 mins. But it's from a data collection mission (collecting the yellow orbs) so it wasn't something I could just mindlessly bunny my way through. Ah well, all done now and it will benefit both my Bunny and Viessa builds, so I'm happy.
1q5SZzm.jpeg

Haven't been lucky yet on Enduring Legacy parts, but I'll keep at it. That and maxing out my Bunny are my two mid-term goals for now, don't want to spread myself too thin and burn out.

Pejo

Well gentlemen. I thank you for your advice. It is now doable, even managed to get Gold rating on my very first clear.
ZwJdlh7.jpeg

So around a week and a half from level 0 Ult Bunny to being able to take down an Invasion with not a single bullet fired lol. Granted, I didn't play every day, but I did put a few longer sessions in on the weekend.

She's still not maxed out, and my play was a bit sloppy, but I'm pleased with the progress. Didn't even die once this time, and I even forgot to slot back in my HP mod, so I was running with my max AoE DPS build. I truly believe that with Bunny, offense is the best defense, after these results.

Also, finally got lucky on my Enduring Legacy drops, and got a nice bonus on the side:
oW3ZS3N.jpeg

Hopefully I like the feel of EL, because so far outside of Thunder Cage I haven't liked many of the Ult guns, the way they fire/handle/reload/etc. Gonna have to farm some new Reactors now too for my boss builds.

Gonna call it a night tonight, but tomorrow I'll start trying to make up progress on Invasion BP quests that I've been behind. I still don't enjoy the mode, but at least it doesn't feel insurmountable anymore.

Pejo

Quick preview on the next mini-patch:

Descendants, there will be Hotfix 1.1.3 on Sept 26 PDT!

We will be changing Invasion to Public Operation, and adjusting some of the traps in Infiltration Operations. Additionally, skills for Freyna, Kyle, and Esiemo will be improved, and two new modules that enhance shield usability will be added. A new Cinematic Replay feature will allow you to enjoy your characters and customizations in high-quality visuals even after finishing main quests. We are also allowing each character to set spawn effect individually. Additonally, the Ultimate Bundles will be renewed with new cosmetics. Lastly, a new web event will begin, so please look forward to it!

For more details, check out the patch notes on September 26th. Thank you!

Esparadrapo

Neo Member
I haven't seen such a bipolar game in a long time. The planning department is trying so hard to sink the ship and only the development team is keeping it afloat.

Pejo

Legitimately some of the ugliest skins I've seen in a game where skins cost money. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking here. October is Halloween, just pump out the witches/succubi stuff and rake in the cash. The only 2 good ones are the male characters lol.

Also a nice QoL:
9hgz0rhmv3rd1.png

Last edited:

kikii

Gold Member
Legitimately some of the ugliest skins I've seen in a game where skins cost money. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking here. October is Halloween, just pump out the witches/succubi stuff and rake in the cash. The only 2 good ones are the male characters lol.

Also a nice QoL:
9hgz0rhmv3rd1.png
Gleys vampire set is nice :messenger_smiling_hearts:

but that reactor update is most awsum ever :messenger_horns:

peek

Yeah the new skins arent like UGLY... but yeah not very interesting.

But! The spawn effects, especially the lepic one, hoooo boy fucking badass.

And yet, its only locked to him. Great thanks nexon. Really classy. Never change.

Top Bottom