• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant |OT| Co-Hop? Bunny Hop!

Pejo

Yeah the new skins arent like UGLY... but yeah not very interesting.

But! The spawn effects, especially the lepic one, hoooo boy fucking badass.

And yet, its only locked to him. Great thanks nexon. Really classy. Never change.
Everyone's got different thresholds, the Viessa one is fucking nasty though. She looks like a Sony 30th Anniversary purse come to life.

I'm warming up to the Ultimate Gley pack-in cyberdemon skin, but for the price, no fucking way.

Figures right as soon as I get my Bunny to solo invasion levels, they launch co-op invasions. Fucking A. Co-op makes it a breeze anyways, so whatever. And now I have at least 1 properly built character. Might skip finishing my Viessa for now and work on Gley as a boss killer, Bunny doesn't do well in most of those and it's becoming more glaringly obvious that bossing is my big account weakness currently, particularly in Interceptions.

peek

Everyone's got different thresholds, the Viessa one is fucking nasty though. She looks like a Sony 30th Anniversary purse come to life.

I'm warming up to the Ultimate Gley pack-in cyberdemon skin, but for the price, no fucking way.

Figures right as soon as I get my Bunny to solo invasion levels, they launch co-op invasions. Fucking A. Co-op makes it a breeze anyways, so whatever. And now I have at least 1 properly built character. Might skip finishing my Viessa for now and work on Gley as a boss killer, Bunny doesn't do well in most of those and it's becoming more glaringly obvious that bossing is my big account weakness currently, particularly in Interceptions.
100% would recommend building up a boss character. Right now, its basically comes down to 2 archetypes.

Good mobbing/farming character (infiltrations, reactor farming, etc.)... bunny is easily the best of the best in that regards. A few others definitely come close 2nd tho.

Good bossing character. My fav atm is hailey. Other options is gley like you mentioned also a top tier bosser.

Ult bunny was my first finished desc. She has like 11 catalysts on her haha just cuz I kept experimenting with different builds.

panda-zebra

Haven't played in over a week, got bored building ult gley just for the sake of it. Looks like I'm going to be behind on some web event but don't really care. Freyna looks good now glancing at reddit, so maybe I'll just stay gone until the 10th when her ult comes out unless I'm really missing out on anything added last patch?

Pejo

Haven't played in over a week, got bored building ult gley just for the sake of it. Looks like I'm going to be behind on some web event but don't really care. Freyna looks good now glancing at reddit, so maybe I'll just stay gone until the 10th when her ult comes out unless I'm really missing out on anything added last patch?
Invasions are co-op now, so if you couldn't do those before they're a breeze now. Otherwise probably no harm in just holding off. I'm currently building Ult Gley myself as I wait for Ult Freyna.

Pejo

I have just been skipping the login popups the last few days, didn't realize we had a web event going on.

It's actually really valuable because you can select weapon parts to finish some problematic drops for weapons you've been farming or make 2 guns for "free" from scratch just by doing dailies. Also misc materials like Catalysts up for grabs. Looks like it lasts a month-ish.

Reactions: Isa

leonokarin

Neo Member
第 3 季鼠标 GIF 由 Portlandia 提供

panda-zebra

Well, I really wasn't arsed about the web event but since you provided a link I clicked. Attempted to sign in twice with my console account and it threw me back to the menu. Did it again after signing in on the console website and it worked, but damn, Nexon are utter shit when it comes to this whole account thing - seems like every time I glace at reddit someone is crying about how they lost their account worth hundreds because they linked or unlinked their account to a Nexon one due to this event.

Anyway, there you go Nexon, you got me to sign in daily again and play when I couldn't find the motivation to do so for the next 10 days - you win!

Pejo

Well, I really wasn't arsed about the web event but since you provided a link I clicked. Attempted to sign in twice with my console account and it threw me back to the menu. Did it again after signing in on the console website and it worked, but damn, Nexon are utter shit when it comes to this whole account thing - seems like every time I glace at reddit someone is crying about how they lost their account worth hundreds because they linked or unlinked their account to a Nexon one due to this event.

Anyway, there you go Nexon, you got me to sign in daily again and play when I couldn't find the motivation to do so for the next 10 days - you win!
It took me like 3 tries (doing the exact same thing each time) to get logged in to the web event, too. Classic Nexon quality. Worth it though, those are surprisingly good rewards. I'm not sure if you can pick duplicate pieces, but if so I'm gonna get 2 Enduring Legacy copies.

kikii

Gold Member
It took me like 3 tries (doing the exact same thing each time) to get logged in to the web event, too. Classic Nexon quality. Worth it though, those are surprisingly good rewards. I'm not sure if you can pick duplicate pieces, but if so I'm gonna get 2 Enduring Legacy copies.
if i remember rite they said they are working on duplicate stuffs

Pejo

if i remember rite they said they are working on duplicate stuffs
Great news. I was just watching some TFD videos and apparently Gley's best weapon now is the Executor. Guess I'll just nab two copies of that instead. But yea, that's a pretty nice reward for a web event. Wish it was all accessible from inside the game, but that's my only complaint.

Also, looks like Hair Dye is finally coming. Wonder if it's just applying paint to the head or if it's a new thing (to pay for I'm sure).
k1c27y0s6yrd1.png

Novaex

Neo Member
Didn't play much lately but getting excited for the Update in 10 days. Especially the 400% dungeons. My biggest issue with the game right now is the lack of challenging content for built characters outside of Gluttony. I also did the Bunny personal quest during the weekend and it was pretty good. The ending was really sweet. Looking forward to the Freya quest.

panda-zebra

Great news. I was just watching some TFD videos and apparently Gley's best weapon now is the Executor.
Didn't see executor parts in the 10 with parts on offer. I'd been building that and ult gley at the same time, that's what finally burned me out (after almost 600 hours, lol) it was slow going. Not sure what I'm going to use the points for, hmmm...

kikii

Gold Member
Great news. I was just watching some TFD videos and apparently Gley's best weapon now is the Executor. Guess I'll just nab two copies of that instead. But yea, that's a pretty nice reward for a web event. Wish it was all accessible from inside the game, but that's my only complaint.

Also, looks like Hair Dye is finally coming. Wonder if it's just applying paint to the head or if it's a new thing (to pay for I'm sure).
k1c27y0s6yrd1.png
yeah like they were promoting dyes..tiddies are same size as her head..is that UwU ? :p

Pejo

Didn't see executor parts in the 10 with parts on offer. I'd been building that and ult gley at the same time, that's what finally burned me out (after almost 600 hours, lol) it was slow going. Not sure what I'm going to use the points for, hmmm...
You were right btw, no Executor. Not even sure which of these I'd want copies of considering I finished Greg's and TC. Maybe max out my Restored Relic?
cygw4LH.jpeg

panda-zebra

Might hold off spending them for now and use them all on code breakers to try and get the 2 Enzo mods I'm missing. Deffo try to log in every day to get the points even if nothing seems crazy worth it right now.

kikii

Gold Member
Might hold off spending them for now and use them all on code breakers to try and get the 2 Enzo mods I'm missing. Deffo try to log in every day to get the points even if nothing seems crazy worth it right now.
u can do vaults with any char unless u are drunk like me, but still doable with ps5 controller :D

peek

Yeah heads up with the web event. Dont know the specifics, but heard some ppl got their accounts wiped. If youre gonna do the event at least read up on it. I think the devs posted something on their discord or maybe twitter. On how to properly log in and link.

Pejo

Yeah heads up with the web event. Dont know the specifics, but heard some ppl got their accounts wiped. If youre gonna do the event at least read up on it. I think the devs posted something on their discord or maybe twitter. On how to properly log in and link.
I think it's fine if you log in with Steam or whatever platform. If I recall, the wipes were happening when people tried to link their TFD to a Nexon account.

peek

Man, shout out to those lost o7

Id be piiised if that happened to me. Fortunately, I was able to link my psn account with a nexon account I made before the game launched. Or at least close to launch.

kikii

Gold Member
I think it's fine if you log in with Steam or whatever platform. If I recall, the wipes were happening when people tried to link their TFD to a Nexon account.
account is server side maybe some noobies thought that when using activator their bunnies went to lvl1 ? :D

Pejo

There were a few lines I read from a dev talk that said they have Halloween skins on the way, so I'm holding for now. I'm unsure if the (mostly) ugly shit we just got were supposed to be the Halloween costumes or if they have something better coming in a few weeks. Hopefully scenario 2.

Pejo

A few shots of the Halloween skins, so we are getting proper ones. Nothing making my eyes pop out of my head, my jaw drop to the floor and the "AWWOOOOOOOGAA" noise come out of my mouth, but at least they're proper Halloween themed. I'll wait and see the whole lineup before judging.
k0j68qaxgcsd1.png

n9f37qaxgcsd1.png

oy9rasaxgcsd1.png

Pejo

Fucking finally. It took me 3 days of farming Sepulcher to get ONE 32% drop. Now I gotta make 4 more....
zLFoEVG.jpeg

Pretty excited all things considered, I've been using my TC with my unlimited ammo Gley as I continue to build her, and she's really strong/fun to use. TC just doesn't have the horsepower to quickly destroy Colossi. Groups and Yellow/Red HP bar bosses melt like butter, though.

I'm not looking forward to the hell of farming Reactors trying to get gold skill duration + Colossi damage for Executor though.

kikii

Gold Member
Fucking finally. It took me 3 days of farming Sepulcher to get ONE 32% drop. Now I gotta make 4 more....
zLFoEVG.jpeg

Pretty excited all things considered, I've been using my TC with my unlimited ammo Gley as I continue to build her, and she's really strong/fun to use. TC just doesn't have the horsepower to quickly destroy Colossi. Groups and Yellow/Red HP bar bosses melt like butter, though.

I'm not looking forward to the hell of farming Reactors trying to get gold skill duration + Colossi damage for Executor though.
TC for lief :p
here is fast guide to get ur gley maxed ^^

Exede

I played through the story now. Very repetitive game, like really repetitive. I can see the potential but i don't got hooked to farm like crazy for a new unlock. Gfx are nice though

miklonus

The PS5 update for this game on PS5 Pro better be substantial. I just watched a few videos from this channel on YouTube that were made in the past week, and it looks stellar. All videos were in 4k, and it just looks better on PC. I want that for the Pro.
Speaking of Stellar Stellar Blade's tits, as I've said in the past, better look amazing with the PS5 enhancement. It's psycho fans don't wanna admit this but it has PS4-looking graphics.
First Descendant actually looks like a current gen, next gen-looking game, and that's why I like it, among the tits and asses and all that.

panda-zebra

Can't wait to offload all my repeat junk to tiny robot Xur in return for exciting standard tokens!!!11 Just blueprints is a bit meh. Interested in seeing the difference in buying power between premium vouchers, for calibur, and standard.

Ultimate Freyna clip looks like a cinema ad for over-priced fragrance. The descendants' base design is so vanilla that once they're out of their default suits they've often lost their identity. Could put 4 or 5 of them in a row in alt outfits and be hard pressed to know who they are.

mitch1971

Gold Member
Interesting. Wonder if he'll have exclusive blueprints or if it's just meant to close the gap between players that can and can't put a lot of gametime in to farm things.
If it's easier and quicker to get the currency to use on blueprints you are missing than to farm the amorphous materials, then I'm sure it will be benificial to those with limited gametime. On the other hand, you will still have to spend time farming the 400% infiltrations to get the currency to use in the shop. So...

Last edited:

peek

The trader is probably going to be like Xur(?) from destiny... except p2w lol. Im sure you can buy the vouchers used to get stuff from the trader. If not right away, then in future update. Guaranteed.

• Thoughtful
Top Bottom