• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant |OT| Co-Hop? Bunny Hop!

Pejo

Fast devs at it again. Glad I waited on farming Hailey.

d86axvgmtrld1.jpeg

*edit*

Man it makes me happy when I log out as the correct character.

Last edited:
That downbeat translated interview makes more sense now.

They knew it was dogshit but it looks like management forced it out the door. Now they have to cancel their holidays to get it fixed. No way were these fixes thrown together in a day.

The PTR things sounds good. They can't fuck about like this, content this bad can kill games.

AteBitWolf

Neo Member
Todays invasion challenge where u need to collect orbs and fight boss under 6.04 minutes is impossible I think. If anyone sees a video of it please post here, cause my fully specced Ult.Bunny had absolutely no chance.

I get that it needs to be hard and yesterday was perfect, but today that invasion is borderline batshit crazy hard.

My concern is the devs will now nerf invasions to the ground and make it way too easy. No engaging endgame for hardcore players.

I hope they will make easy and hard playlists with leaderboards for all content in this game. People need to see how good or bad their descendants are compared to others.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Lunnarre

Neo Member
Todays invasion challenge where u need to collect orbs and fight boss under 6.04 minutes is impossible I think. If anyone sees a video of it please post here, cause my fully specced Ult.Bunny had absolutely no chance.

I get that it needs to be hard and yesterday was perfect, but today that invasion is borderline batshit crazy hard.

My concern is the devs will now nerf invasions to the ground and make it way too easy. No engaging endgame for hardcore players.

I hope they will make easy and hard playlists with leaderboards for all content in this game. People need to see how good or bad their descendants are compared to others.
They did say something about allowing us to queue with others at some point, so I doubt they will nerf them much. Would be dumb to nerf it to the ground if it can be done in a group. Or maybe they can make it scale I guess.

Ultros

Banned
I don't play F2P games, but it looked awesome so I installed it started it. It's a lot of fun, but I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. It runs better than most AAA games also. Gunplay feels very satisfying also. But damn it's got a lot of menu and Albion is stacked with a lot of shit that does something

• Strength

kikii

Gold Member
I don't play F2P games, but it looked awesome so I installed it started it. It's a lot of fun, but I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. It runs better than most AAA games also. Gunplay feels very satisfying also. But damn it's got a lot of menu and Albion is stacked with a lot of shit that does something
they also stealth fixed that 1hr freeze bug on pc

Last edited:

I did silver about 30 secs above the gold on ult valby, only way was with the HP on kill mod. (upgraded to every 3 seconds)
And supply moisture so I could burst down the boss. I think If i had a decent enduring legacy I could have gotten gold.

Not a chance otherwise.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful

kikii

Gold Member
Damn I hadn't noticed but then thinking about it yea, I haven't had the freezing happen at all. It wasn't a big deal but it sure was annoying.
yeah it was real and as bunny it was so annoying i thought smt wrong with my PC but naah

peek

I actually really liked the new invasions. Ppl seemed to cry enough that the devs are nerfing it. Dude, let the content breathe for a bit man before panic nerfing stuff. Ive always thought it ends up being better whenever something releases, the devs let the community adjust to it and find metas and improve BEFORE they fine tune adjustments.

kikii

Gold Member
I actually really liked the new invasions. Ppl seemed to cry enough that the devs are nerfing it. Dude, let the content breathe for a bit man before panic nerfing stuff. Ive always thought it ends up being better whenever something releases, the devs let the community adjust to it and find metas and improve BEFORE they fine tune adjustments.
i havent even done any invasions, been just boosting some peeps Haileys in maglab or steriles SO :D

Scary_Larry

Have a quick question as a long time Destiny 2 player (I know, take your shots). Debating giving this a go or Warframe. How is the new player experience with this one in comparison? Looking for someone that has played both to give me the low-down.

kikii

Gold Member
Have a quick question as a long time Destiny 2 player (I know, take your shots). Debating giving this a go or Warframe. How is the new player experience with this one in comparison? Looking for someone that has played both to give me the low-down.
its quite easy, u get also quest for bunny so focus on that, start w/e class u like =)

Not a chance no cunt tested this shit beforehand. Stand on buttons while the boss acts like a wobbly dickhead and hides behind a big fucking wall? That's why they're bribing people with a million gold a run.

Isa

They are quite similar to be sure. Warframe has tons of content as its been around for what, a decade? But everytime I hop in to mess around with buddies I feel so lost and when we all try to catch up hoo man we usually don't have the time. TFD can seem convoluted with its farming materials and drops but its not too bad overall. Its simple enough with more abilities than Destiny and after a while, or not depending on the person, understanding the way things work should be too bad. Also depends on what flavor you like, Warframes or Decendants with more human features, for the later all day every day.

Also Hailey is
So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

kikii

Gold Member
Not a chance no cunt tested this shit beforehand. Stand on buttons while the boss acts like a wobbly dickhead and hides behind a big fucking wall? That's why they're bribing people with a million gold a run.
that reminds me of >>

are ya sure u r not same person ? :D

peek

Hey im a destiny guy too, D1 at least. Got like 1k hours in that.

As far as this vs warframe... well, for new player experience TFD and its not even CLOSE. Warframe is so overwhelming when I got into a bit back.

Thing is tho, gameplay wise warframe feels more solid and refined. Its soooo smooth vs TFD. BUT! I ended up dropping it over TFD because art style and design is big to me and warframe is just so ugly.

TFD wins in the looks department ez.

panda-zebra

Those missions didn't need time to breathe, they needed plastic bags over their heads and putting out of their misery. Awful stuff.

The first days invasions were complete arse. Yes, people complained and some that the builds they'd worked on in the limited time they'd had to play were effectively useless in invasions so they were shit out of luck because it left them vulnerable/ammo-starved/whatever. All fair comment IMO. And what do you know, the good old one key that fits all locks - brain-dead Bunny - is the obvious go-to to get it done quick for the best rewards - get outta the way! Screw those fools for daring to work on more fringe characters and builds that interested them, right...? ;-) Fact is, most complaints after that first day were not that it was too hard, even if a good chunk of the sub wants to pretend that after the fact - boo-hoo, please gimp the game, that's how it happened. Fact is the content was simply dogshit. Not difficult, just piss-poor anti-fun that wouldn't nearly be enough to carry a season or half a season, especially not as solo missions in a multiplayer game. "Test your builds with speed runs" lol, yeah right. Just stand here and watch the timer tick down in your "speed run" as the boss has a 100% lock on you as every single trash mob hones in. They massively over-sold it with that pretty slick Hailey trailer and deserved the negative feedback - and as expected, they reacted almost instantly in line with other problems, mistakes and issues of their making. Now they're getting to skip seasonal holiday celebrations and work on making the game not shit again.

It shows a complete failure to understand player motivation and gameplay habits. Seasonal dailies need to be quick pop in and blast through missions for anyone and everyone to rip through - a fun blast that can be the very least you do just to stay relevant if time is short, but something fun and rewarding enough to make it worthwhile. Instead, these abysmal turds landed leaving some just not even wanting to play the game anymore, that's how frustratingly off-putting they were in not only their difficulty for some, but their utterly stingy fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a descendant on offer - or maybe 3 of those if you're quick! Having them only be able to be golded (or even completed/possible) by specific characters/builds was dumb. Having no selectable difficulty levels for risk/reward and tuning them right up was extremely fucking dumb. Get good is not an acceptable response to this form of content. Like someone said earlier in the thread - it's pretty obvious they knew they'd fucked up before they even put this out, they'd already held their hands up to this kind of terribly static sit-on-your-arse-right-here content being the polar opposite to what people actually wanted to engage with by patching that nonsense out of hard mode strikes... but seems they'd made it well in advance and had to boot it out the door anyway. Probably already started reworking it before the patch even hit!

Killing shit fast and collecting their artificial brains (lol) to then feed into the machine was a lot closer to what they should have been aiming for in these throwaway seasonal bish-bash-bosh content missions, but still, as tougher solo missions with *everything* concentrated on the player they're still not fit for purpose. Gimping them now is probably the easiest and cheapest way to "fix" them for the bulk of the playerbase. Personally I enjoy that stuff, I love soloing missions and bosses (even properly, not just cheesy push-squirt builds that are fun once then, eh, fine for farming). "Remember these 3 colours and sit here for a bit, fingers crossed you don't have them time out" missions and the truly terrible "shoot the crust off these pillars and match these symbols while trying to not die and make sure you don't blow yourself up now shoot these blinking eyes but do it all again because the gun doesn't hold enough charge until you level it in the seasonal artifact, lol, bet you can't wait to see what's in the boss room" shit was a terrible combo to expose everyone to day 1. The trailer made those glimpses of these mechanics seem fine and fun to engage with, but the reality seems far from that for most. Uproar was inevitable.

My basic Valby pissed through it all easily and my ult Bunny would have done the same, but the challenge offered should not be the sole and default one available. Leaving what they sharted out as it was and expecting players to just accept it and git gud would have been a huge own goal. They did right to react quickly and respond to what their own telemetry no doubt told them - that people were responding by simply shutting the game down in frustration and not playing at all thanks to anti-fun gameplay and over-tuned default difficulty, rather than reworking their builds or going out farming another descendant they didn't want this far but now feel forced to in order to finally end up with the one they actually do - Hailey.

Mega-dungeons, raids, whatever - fine - that's how the game should work as it did through the story, presenting problems to the player so they work to get stronger to surpass them - probably leaning into whatever is the new hotness and spending some money along the way. But seasonal daily content should be complete gimmies with optional adjustments for harder difficulty tuning and better reward for those who are invested and care.

TFD, as a new game with devs that are quick to respond to feedback, is a wonderful one to get into right now - very accessible and enjoyable to engage with, and without a plethora of options or paths to navigate, just an obvious critical path and a lot of choice and variety in how you play with the characters on offer - far more than Destiny ever managed in over a decade, with a true power fantasy that gets delivered upon when you soon out-level prior content and stomp it into the ground vs still having to put 2 shots into level 4 Randal the Vandal twatting around in the Cosmodrome no matter how high your level goes. But... it probably depends how much time you have to play and what you're looking to get out of it in the longer term. If it's just a few hours here and there, a couple dozen a week tops, then this game could keep you occupied for months to the point where new content drops. But if you've got a ton of time on your hands and want to focus hard on it you might end up feeling done in a month, left only with some numbers-go-up side-shuffles if you truly can't leave the game alone waiting on new content, whereas Warframe has more than a decade of content, streamlining, care and attention. But then, as a new player, I dropped that game hard the 4 times I attempted to give it a real go - just left me cold and confused, it's drab and boring, whereas TFD speaks to me in ways only Destiny and Outriders have and has the opportunity to realise the kind of potential both these games offered glimpses of but ultimately failed to deliver on and fulfil.

Last edited:
Warframe you've either played for years and are comfortably "veteran" at it, so you can jump back in whenever you want and not be lost, or you need an experienced player to play it with you because the new player experience is dreadful.
This game seems much better at it, probably just because it's new, give it a couple years and it will probably become just as overwhelming.

It's insane to me that your primary weapon can run out of ammo so easily, does this game have something like ammo mutation in warframe?
Also even trying to farm freya has been torture so far, 20% chance my ass.

It's insane to me that your primary weapon can run out of ammo so easily, does this game have something like ammo mutation in warframe?
Yeah there's ammo mods. One that expands your clip and your total ammo capacity.

You can also use a secondary shitty weapon packed with ammo mods to expand your main gun. (So long as it's the same ammo type.

kikii

Gold Member
like that other person said u can get weapon mods for more ammos =) but in the end focus on bunny and gley or lepic :D

Lunnarre

Neo Member
The changes to the invasions yesterday was so nice. Had clear symbols on the tiles, no bomb guys to blow them up, no nearly unavoidable homing projectile spam from the bosses. Looking forward to not having to run around shooting tumors on the pillars only for them to be blank, then being able to destroy the ones on the door in one go. All around great qol update so far. Saw they nerfed pyro as well so thats probably nice for anyone stuck on him, I haven't had much trouble with him though.

Mozzarella

Tried this for a few hours, i had fun using the abilities of my character and yeah the characters look good, but ultimately i got bored when i realized i need to grind to unlock the rest or pay money to unlock them and their skins, it just pulled me out.
Hopefully with the money they gain they will craft a single player focused experience some years later.

Mortisfacio

i gots bumtsibum suit for bunny uhmm

SeIJDet.png

Does the gameplay get better at higher levels? Honestly, half the reason of the time I've spent in the game so far has been the character models. The actual gameplay itself has been fun in 20-30 minute bursts, but I'm fairly early on.

kikii

Gold Member
Does the gameplay get better at higher levels? Honestly, half the reason of the time I've spent in the game so far has been the character models. The actual gameplay itself has been fun in 20-30 minute bursts, but I'm fairly early on.
yeah u just need to reset ur lvl like million times :p but i just noticed that u can add more diff sockets to 1 slot so that make it alot of easier

Pejo

Any meta focused players got a recommendation on Ultimate Viessa build? I'm a casual player so I'm well behind the curve, but she's gonna be my first "built" character for endgame content. I found this infographic, which I'm planning to follow - unless it's outdated and/or bad advice:
nIW8i9J.png

Any meta focused players got a recommendation on Ultimate Viessa build? I'm a casual player so I'm well behind the curve, but she's gonna be my first "built" character for endgame content. I found this infographic, which I'm planning to follow - unless it's outdated and/or bad advice:
nIW8i9J.png
That guy has solid builds, there is also Moxsy if you want to check him out.

kikii

Gold Member
also im on atm drunk to lvl thunder so if ya need lvl helps hit me with pm or dm or w/e :p ExDeeku#1874

peek

Latest change to the invasions got me sleep walking through them now xD

Some changes were a big W... like for the order of truth one (where you match up the 4 symbols to the drone) you can now get through the door in one go. Before you had to do it twice.

However! Now they have waaay less enemies spawn in AND they even made it to where when you activate the drone, every single enemy despawns. Which is boring af because before they would all still be around you, but you get to the see the whole map blow up with all the enemies by the drone.

Little things like that were nice. Now its a snoozefest lol.

Nickolaidas

So, I have a few questions about this game.

1) Is it possible to unlock everything without paying?

2) Is there a time limit to some items/gears/skins/characters to unlock? Is the game forcing me to play on X day of Y month for Z days in order to unlock content?
Or do I just play whenever I can and I eventually unlock everything without paying?

kikii

Gold Member

2) Is there a time limit to some items/gears/skins/characters to unlock? Is the game forcing me to play on X day of Y month for Z days in order to unlock content?
Or do I just play whenever I can and I eventually unlock everything without paying?
1: yes
2: no, unfortenaly it even shows ur char pre-season skins which u cant even preview i think

E: lemee log in and see

E2: u can preview em but no way to get em

oZP1BXA.png

Last edited:

panda-zebra

You can unlock everything functional without paying. If you care about that kind of thing, there are only limited cosmetic options if you don't pay, including simply re-colouring your stuff (and even then bsaic default skins cannot be re-painted). Some cosmetics are seasonal and will go away, but there's no saying they won't come back in some way in future. Spend money and you can do things like straight up buy descendants, properly play dress up, rush the time-gated crafting waits and obtain more from what have so far been rather mediocre battle passes. Typical F2P stuff but maybe not as harsh as other games.

There are some top tier weapons and a variety of descendants that the game makes obtaining pretty trivial, so you are able to engage with a lot of the content without having to invest masses of time early on. You can then utilise these to push on grinding out the others. It seems new descendants from Hailey onwards will have new methods of obtaining that require ongoing engagement through a season.

For me, and especially right now in the game's early phases, the whole fun of the game is the thrill of the chase in obtaining descendants and gear, levelling stuff up including the overall account (Mastery Rank), and being able to take on harder content more efficiently to approach further reaches/possibilities with characters and gear. Negating whatever parts of that by swiping seems pointless, but for some who are more cash rich and time poor I suppose it could be justified... there just wouldn't be enough game left to actually enjoy and engage with if a bulk of the grind was done away with for me.

Just to note - as more players reach hard mode and beyond, progressing through the campaign has become easier and easier for new players, to the point where a lot of the content that initially had a bit of push back and required some thought and preparation can often be breezed through when you're getting matched with much higher level players so much more often. That's both a blessing and a curse though, as it's far easier now to drift on through and not get a real feel for how the game ticks, which is maybe why a lot of people end up complaining about difficulty without ever really engaging with the tools at their disposal.

Last edited:
Worth mentioning, if you want more than 6(?) Descendants you have to pay for character slots. Only thing I dislike, it's cheap don't get me wrong but this should have been free for everyone (I have every Descendant lol).
Have a lot of playtime in this game so I spent a bit of money for skins etc.

Latest change to the invasions got me sleep walking through them now xD

Some changes were a big W... like for the order of truth one (where you match up the 4 symbols to the drone) you can now get through the door in one go. Before you had to do it twice.

However! Now they have waaay less enemies spawn in AND they even made it to where when you activate the drone, every single enemy despawns. Which is boring af because before they would all still be around you, but you get to the see the whole map blow up with all the enemies by the drone.

Little things like that were nice. Now its a snoozefest lol.

Who ever is designing their encounters doesn't have a clue about what he's doing -That much is obvious. They've nailed the hard part with the overall feel of the game, and yet they're failing on the simple shit.

We saw that right at the start with those ridiculous sequential floating balls. Then we had timer based bullshit in the missions before you could clear to the next area. Next was this invasion shit, where they forced you to sit on a tiny pad and flooded the area with...
1) Snipers that bang you for huge damage, forcing you in to HP heavy builds.
2) Knockback melee mobs
3) Exploding mobs
4) Stunlock nonsense with absolutely no diminishing returns??? WTF

If the daft cunt actually played it you'd clearly see none of this shit is a good idea in a fast paced action/looter game. These companies never learn, and every time it has to get removed or toned down. Players don't like losing control of their characters, and so they need to think of better affixes.

They're flailing around like dickheads right now, whiplashing from one extreme to another because they're NOT TESTING. It's all well and good making changed, but It's a waste of time and effort that they don't need suffer through in the first place lol.

As you said the best part about these invasions was the mob density, and on a few of them they have now removed that.

Pejo

Man I am getting absolutely torn apart by Invasions. I beat the story one where you meet Hailey by the skin of my teeth, but I can't touch the other two. All I keep hearing is that they're way too easy now, but every single person I heard that from is using Bunny, so I don't think they understand the struggle of other characters. I'm about halfway done with my Viessa build, but I don't understand how some extra AoE or cooldown reduction is suddenly gonna make me able to do these solo. I understand the puzzle stuff but I get murdered before I can even begin to work on them.

Is there some secret to endgame content that makes it possible (outside of just use Bunny)? Which defensive stats are worthwhile in endgame? I heard shield sucks so I have been loading up on DEF and HP, but I'm still getting killed super quick in any "hard" mode content. I started researching copies of Thunder Cage and building that out too. Should I just be focusing on maxing out my builds on my gun and Descendant before trying these again, will it make much of a difference?

Top Bottom