• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First Descendant's Microtransaction System Prompts Mixed Response From Players

I was having woeful performance issues in public games but last night I played in party of 4 in the sterile land and had no issues. Not sure if it was just Kingston area that sucks performance wise or if playing in public zones somehow messes up performance.
Ah, shit is down now anyway. Stuck on “connecting” on the main menu. Apparently is game wide. I fucking hate always online trash.

Topher

Gold Member
Its made from china so of course its shit and souless like chinese people

X7jwVXX.png

leave zhao you ting GIF

Last edited:
Nexon is EA's Korean twin.

The only game they haven't messed up is Blue Archive. Everyone else is a shitshow.
Nah, like EA they publish and fund good games from time to time. Guild Wars, Dungeon Runners, and Vindictus being three of them. I can probably list some others if I look.

The problem is that Nexon’s excessive and abrasive greed tarnishes their public image and they have somehow not been aware of this for over 20 years, or maybe they simply don’t care at this point.

I always felt that they have been struggling to adapt in the past 5-10 years because they have been greenlighting multiple different projects in an attempt to find their next Lineage-style money maker.

If only they had put their trust in their Dark and Darker prototype instead of putting it on ice long enough for ex-employees to take advantage.

Last edited:

DragonNCM

Yeah..I see where this is going on.....40$ Skin from Korean developer is bad & 70$ mount skin from US developer is ok....

wipeout364

I think they can charge whatever they want when they release the game as free to play but for me the high prices do not make much sense. I think selling the ultimate bundles for 40 dollars would generate more money than the current 70 dollars Given I imagine they would sell many more copies. Maybe Nexon knows their audience better than we think.

The game unfortunately is quite mediocre except the player characters and with it’s high priced store will probably not be sometimes I stick with.

Sacred

I assume you have to buy armor, because the vital organs of the character's torso are completely unprotected.

Can't believe they'd launch with attire this deeply impractical for effective combat.
Yep, I'm certain realism is what they were going for when they designed these skins.

Methos#1975

It's always weird to me how outrageous these prices on these items are. I would think they would make more money if the prices were realistic. I would spend $10 on the Ultimate versions of some of these because you know. $70 though? Yeah, that's not happening.

Reaseru

They will end up reducing the microtransactions prices...but my main problem with this game is the performance with the PS5 version. Performance mode and it drops everywhere during gameplay.

I like the artstyle of everything, but the game not very stable, and that hurts the gameplay experience.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For me its easy, I dont buy any free to play looter shooter no matter how attractive character design.

They are plenty of proper SP game out there with attractive character designs and I dont have to deal with any of the microtransaction BS.

Last edited:
I am impressed how long he survived after his first post…saw the hole in his dingy the moment I read that post 😂

Edit - Anywho, back on topic. I’m about to fire this game up momentarily on ps5. Hoping the performance isn’t as bad as people are saying.
Performance is awful. Feels like mid 30s most of the time. All over the place. People are saying play the PS4 version on PS5 and it's solid though, but that's no excuse for shitty optimization. Game isn't a looker so no excuses.

Performance is awful. Feels like mid 30s most of the time. All over the place. People are saying play the PS4 version on PS5 and it's solid though, but that's no excuse for shitty optimization. Game isn't a looker so no excuses.
I’m going to jump in later on tonight, maybe I’ll give it a go with the ps4 version on the 5. Then again, I have a midrange gaming laptop, maybe I’ll start on that until they fix the ps5 performance.

Kazdane

I don't play free to play games due to stuff like this. At the end of the day I feel like the game is simply an excuse to milk my wallet dry for no good reason, or invest an ungodly amount of hours for that same progression. I'm sure this means I'm missing some great games (I've only checked the first 15 minutes or so of Genshin Impact, for instance) but the moment I see a game is Free to play, no matter how look or fun it looks, I just can't help but steer away from it (for better or worse).

Please don't take me wrong, I'm not judging people that play AND spend money on these games, it's just that I've never clicked with the ones I tried. The only one free to play game I played for a good amount of time was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, and it's been a while already...

Yeah..I see where this is going on.....40$ Skin from Korean developer is bad & 70$ mount skin from US developer is ok....
Who is saying that? They're both scummy to me.

It's always weird to me how outrageous these prices on these items are. I would think they would make more money if the prices were realistic. I would spend $10 on the Ultimate versions of some of these because you know. $70 though? Yeah, that's not happening.
Yep. I'd probably pick a couple up if they were $10. Never going to spend money while they are $70.

but my main problem with this game is the performance with the PS5 version. Performance mode and it drops everywhere during gameplay.
Yep the performance on performance mode is absolutely abysmal on PS5. Slideshow in some parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom