• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
I forgot Westallen even happened, Wally's discovery and Henry's death were the standouts of the final scene.

Also so much for getting justice for your father huh Barry

Tamanon

Banned
So The Flash is trending on Twitter and most of the tweets are about "westallen" happening. I now understand we are not the main fans of the show...The actual fuck is wrong with people? The romantic parts of any of the CW shows is easily the worst

I didn't even know Wally and Barry were that close.

My prediction:
Zoom will use a race as a guise to collapse all the worlds onto each other
Barry wins but sacrifices himself with the help of speed force to collapse them all into one Earth
Jay, Wally, and Jessie take over for some of S3

I legitimately believe this is going to be the case. Barry's definitely going to pull off a CoIE-esque sacrifice to save the multiverse at this point. (He'll probably be back not too far into S3, though.)

My prediction:
Zoom will use a race as a guise to collapse all the worlds onto each other
Barry wins but sacrifices himself with the help of speed force to collapse them all into one Earth
Jay, Wally, and Jessie take over for some of S3

If we lose Barry again.... I'm not done with the show but they had better not replace him with Wally tit for tat. Sure Wally would still be learning how to use his powers but then we would get a repeat of Barry again -_-

But then again we would be getting a repeat of the speedster mentor again :/

I don't know. Speedforceaintgottaexplainshit.gif, I suppose.

Magwik

Banned
If we lose Barry again.... I'm not done with the show but they had better not replace him with Wally tit for tat. Sure Wally would still be learning how to use his powers but then we would get a repeat of Barry again -_-

But then again we would be getting a repeat of the speedster mentor again :/

I don't know. Speedforceaintgottaexplainshit.gif, I suppose.
We will have 3 speedsters instead of 1

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's interesting that they kept Black Siren alive and in the pipeline. Though with the way the character was portrayed, a redemption arc would be pretty hard.

Well Henry's death certainly wasn't telegraphed in the last couple episodes. Earth 2 looks like it might be going through a bit of a Crisis...

Black Siren being saved for something later, eh?

MartyStu

I wouldn't even mind it if they didn't go out of their way in the start of the season to have Barry get over his feelings for Iris. But nope Iris just decides to follow "destiny" and suddenly has the hots for her adopted brother.

Nothing sudden about it.

This season has just been weirdly aggressive about pushing the issue.

Xemnas89

Henry dying was definitely a huge surprise that I didn't at all see coming. I did like how was executed but I wish we could've stayed with it a little longer. It's interesting that star labs now has a meta-human katie cassidy locked up for a rainy day. She'll obviously be coming back at some point. Also when did Zoom get the ability to punch open breaches? If he could do that then why not do that to come back to earth-1 instead of waiting on cisco?

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Henry dying was definitely a huge surprise that I didn't at all see coming. I did like how was executed but I wish we could've stayed with it a little longer. It's interesting that star labs now has a meta-human katie cassidy locked up for a rainy day. She'll obviously be coming back at some point. Also when did Zoom get the ability to punch open breaches? If he could do that then why not do that to come back to earth-1 instead of waiting on cisco?

It probably happened after Zoom toke Barry's speed, hopefully it will be explained next episode.

Xemnas89

Thinking about it while there's alot I liked this episode did feel a little weak. The main earth-2 meta human threat got taken out in the first minute and then everything kind of went back to normal. Then again I actually didn't care for last years penultimate episode outside of the end and a few other things here or there. Here's hoping for a great finale but at this point I think I'm ready to start fresh next season.

Pendas

Banned
My Prediction? We Spoiling them now?

Barry and Zoom race. The intensity of the race causes both earths to collapse on itself. Barry isn't fast enough to stop Zoom. He's stuck on Earth Two. Suddenly goes to find man in Mask... REVEAL! His father, the real Jay Garrick. They both team up. Earth 1 and 2 Flash's, Father and Son Flash's, and stop Zoom.

ZeroX03

Banned

Barry and Zoom race. The intensity of the race causes both earths to collapse on itself. Barry isn't fast enough to stop Zoom. He's stuck on Earth Two. Suddenly goes to find man in Mask... REVEAL! His father, the real Jay Garrick. They both team up. Earth 1 and 2 Flash's, Father and Son Flash's, and stop Zoom.

No you don't need to spoiler tag predictions.

I just realized we literally didn't figure out who the man in the mask is yet. I completely forgot about that.

This show's pretty predictable. You've been able to predict every single time Zoom's about to snatch a motherfucker.

I don't think the show's any less enjoyable, but they've definitely been a lot more on the nose when it comes to foreshadowing this season compared to how subtly written the first season was.

Gvitor

Does Barry have the ring that contains the Flash suit and I missed it or something? I know he's fast and all, but to change into the suit before racing to catch up with Zoom in the end is baffling. Get your priorities straight, son!

Xemnas89

Does Barry have the ring that contains the Flash suit and I missed it or something? I know he's fast and all, but to change into the suit before racing to catch up with Zoom in the end is baffling. Get your priorities straight, son!

I don't think he does. Earlier in the season he asked Cisco to figure out how the ring worked but it's not been revisited since.

Maddocks

Damn, crushing ending. I knew it was going to happen though. Optimistic Barry had to have a crushing and destroying thing happen to him because he can't remain fearless.

But this also kinda confirmed who is in the metal helmet. Have Harry die on earth 1 and then earth 2 real Jay take his place who can jump between earths to help. I don't see them combining earths but maybe connecting them Fringe style with a elevator.

But I do like the prediction of a Crisis event that has Barry take a little 5 episode break from season 3, because lets face it they wouldn't dare replace Barry for a whole season or even half.

KevinCow

Banned
So The Flash is trending on Twitter and most of the tweets are about "westallen" happening. I now understand we are not the main fans of the show...The actual fuck is wrong with people? The romantic parts of any of the CW shows is easily the worst

That's stupid.

Clearly the Barry/Iris ship should be called Barris.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was not a fan of this episode. Another verbal standoff between Zoom and Barry. Caitlin just magically being let go, which makes her entire kidnapping plot pointless. That only existed to have her be traumatized now and her escape was resolved off camera. And they're really rushing Wally's characterization.

Black Siren was pretty one note, but it was fun seeing Katie Cassidy on the show. Maybe not for a penultimate episode, but as a one-off in the middle of the season. At least they didn't kill her off so she can come back. But not telling Lance and Sara...that's some future drama, guarantee.

Cisco and Caitlin dressing up as their doppelgangers was fun, at least.

Kard8p3

its a comic book show.

romance happens in comic books.

Unless this gets to felicity levels pls stop crying.

we dont need babyrage

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The whole episode was playing with the idea that Caitlin kept seeing Zoom but he wasn't there. What they should have done at the end was do one final scene of Caitlin seeing Zoom at the West house, saying 'you're not really there/you're not real' to herself/Zoom, and then Zoom says 'Oh but I am, Caitlin'(or some similar quip), then there's a stunned silence as he takes Henry.

I figured he created a suit out of speed force power, like Piccolo's clothes beam from DBZ or Vision from Marvel.

This year's episode 22 is basically the reverse of last year's, huh? Triumphant victory vs crushing loss.

The-Flash-season-1-episode-22-Arrow-Flash-Firestorm.jpg

Or maybe it's...the reverse. Wait no you got it right the first time.

Xemnas89

I was not a fan of this episode. Another verbal standoff between Zoom and Barry. Caitlin just magically being let go, which makes her entire kidnapping plot pointless. That only existed to have her be traumatized now and her escape was resolved off camera. And they're really rushing Wally's characterization.

Black Siren was pretty one note, but it was fun seeing Katie Cassidy on the show. Maybe not for a penultimate episode, but as a one-off in the middle of the season. At least they didn't kill her off so she can come back. But not telling Lance and Sara...that's some future drama, guarantee.

Cisco and Caitlin dressing up as their doppelgangers was fun, at least.

Well the caitlin thing was technically resolved at the end of last weeks episode. Zoom gave her a choice to either stay or leave before talking to the metahuman army and we saw the choice she made at the beginning of this episode.

NastyBook

That ending SUCKED. Dude literally just came to terms with his mom's death. I'm sorry, but that's just shitty shock value writing and killing off a good character.

Xemnas89

That ending SUCKED. Dude literally just came to terms with his mom's death. I'm sorry, but that's just shitty shock value writing and killing off a good character.

The writing was on the wall since Henry came back. One thing I will say though is the berlantiverse has become too predictable when it comes to deaths. I don't think you have to have a major death every season.

ZeroX03

Banned
Henry should've got a better send off, and this could've have happened a few episodes earlier but it was passable. Especially with what's likely happening next week, they don't need to dwell on it so much.

The writing was on the wall since Henry came back. One thing I will say though is the berlantiverse has become too predictable when it comes to deaths. I don't think you have to have a major death every season.

Supergirl dodged that bullet, unless you count Astra which the producers don't seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom