• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Exactly.

This is how they merge all the shows.
It's stupid
They literally had the opportunity to already do so in the episode with the multiverse machine but nope fuck that right? It feels like they settled on not changing anything and having a good ending then were told they need to accommodate for Supergirl at the last minute.

ZeroX03

Banned
the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3.jpeg

He's got the face and everything, and he just sped away from us. AND HARRY TOO

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Barry's complete contempt for spacetime is...interesting.
It makes sense now why they have a young Barry that acts more on impulses and feelings, than being rational and thinking things through.

He made peace with his mom's death because his father was finally with him, but once his dad got killed there was that emptiness again so he went back and change the past. It's gonna be awesome to see the repercussions of this and I hope every show is affected because of this now.

Interesting how we have four Speedsters from three different universes and two different centuries, and they all wear variants on the same costume.

the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3-full.jpeg

Wally's suit will probably be a red and yellow version of this suit with Barry's logo and goggles.

ZeroX03

Banned
He continues, "This isn't the Henry/Barry relationship in another form. Jay is a very different guy. People say that I, John Wesley Shipp, am the original Flash, but he's the original original Flash. This is the Golden Age Flash, the head of the Justice Society. This is the real Flash daddy. I have to remind myself of that, because there were some aspects of the Henry/Barry relationship that I treasured, the absolute emotional vulnerability, being a safe haven for him, that emotional connection. It's going to be very tempting for me to want to go back and play that dynamic again, but the Jay/Barry dynamic is going to be very different."

"There have been endless suggestions and possibilities [that I can cross over to Legends as Jay Garrick]," Shipp says. "Jay Garrick formed the Justice Society. Not that I know of anything concrete, but this character is so open-ended. Henry Allen had a shelf life. He had one purpose: to be there to support Barry. Jay Garrick, it's wide open. Who knows what we're going to see? That's very exciting."

"It has been indicated to me that I will play an important role going forward, again," Shipp says. "But this is Grant Gustin's The Flash. He is the speedster on the show. I will be privileged to show up and support his journey in any way that I can. But it has been indicated to me that the palate is so much broader now and there's so many more things I can do on the show now."

"No matter where I go, I always get the same message from fans: 'Yes, we love you as Henry Allen, but we really were hoping you'd be Jay Garrick,'" Shipp says with a laugh. "Now that that's coming to fruition, I can't wait to see what's going to happen on the Twitterverse. I can't wait to see fans' reactions when suddenly, I'm dawning the mantle of the character that just about every Flash fan wanted me to play from the get go. That's going to be a wonderful treat for the audience. I'm just going to bathe in the reaction."

JWS quotes from THR.

Barry.... Barry..... Why oh why would you do that?! We Flashpoint now I guess.

The wait will be killer and I hope Flashpoint gets a few episodes or 4.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
JUST IMAGINE

A WORLD WITHOUT FELICITY

EDIT:

Jay on LOT? SHIPP IT

Well, the last time Barry traveled back and messed around, Pied Piper's his BFF. Saving his mom might've retconned two seasons Arrow into be better!

Wonder how they're going to handle the other shows now. Unless they're going to forgo Robert Queen/Arrow... which would suck.

Nice final .
Also LOL at barry as he just fuck up everything .
Going to be interesting to see where this goes next season .
And when they going fix everything up .

Barry - "I have loved you for like the past 15 years."

Iris - "Awesome. Wanna have sex?"

Barry - "Nah I'm out time to delete this from existence."

DAMMIT, BARRY!!! YOUR DICK WAS ABOUT TO GET WETTER THAN A WHALE AT SEAWORLD, BUT NOPE!!!!

I know right? Dude had guaranteed strange and he chose to save his mom instead. What a momma's boy :p

More Jay and Thawne (hopefully!) next season sounds good. Everything is all pointing to Earth-3 and the JSA so that's exciting to say the least. Which in turn should lead to a full-fledged JSA show down the line.

I dislike everything that happened. It erases everything and now Joe won't be close to him like he was. Yeah...Not feeling this.

ReiGun

Interesting how we have four Speedsters from three different universes and two different centuries, and they all wear variants on the same costume.

the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3-full.jpeg

Wally's suit will probably be a red and yellow version of this suit with Barry's logo and goggles.

multiversity-flashes.jpg

No matter where you go in the multiverse, there's some red and yellow asshole zipping around everywhere.

Maddocks

it all makes sense why they are having Kevin Smith return for an early episode next season, not going to be effects heavy, but emotionally heavy. Because Barry will be powerless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom