• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Ya know, at least when Oliver fucks up...he doesn't do completely stupid shit......
Like putting back together the thing that powers your enemy and keeping it safely in a glass display case in your base of operations that casually is broken into thus leading directly to his childhood friend dying and an entire city getting nuked.

I know right? Dude had guaranteed strange and he chose to save his mom instead. What a momma's boy :p

More Jay and Thawne (hopefully!) next season sounds good. Everything is all pointing to Earth-3 and the JSA so that's exciting to say the least. Which in turn should lead to a full-fledged JSA show down the line.

I think they had originally played for LoT to be JSA, but they should just do a JSA themed season 2 and rebrand the show as JSA and drop the time stuff for season 3.

Interesting how we have four Speedsters from three different universes and two different centuries, and they all wear variants on the same costume.

the-flash-jay-garrick-earth-3-full.jpeg

Wally's suit will probably be a red and yellow version of this suit with Barry's logo and goggles.

He's the fourth speedster with a better suit than Barry!

Only worse suit is Zoom's Fake-Jay.

Barry is stick in the Flashpoint Universe until the December crossover, and the crossover is the JSA bringing together Team Arrow, the Legends and Supergirl to repair the damage he's causing to the Multiverse. It ends with them merging Earth 1, 2, 3 and Supergirl, but also unleashing the Crime Syndicate on New Earth. The JSA has their own Black Canary.

Like putting back together the thing that powers your enemy and keeping it safely in a glass display case in your base of operations that casually is broken into thus leading directly to his childhood friend dying and an entire city getting nuked.

None of that would have happen if not for dig and his brother complex .
Also the bad guy got the nuke codes from stupid ARGUS and not oliver .
This shit is totally on barry just fucking up everything .

I mean that isn't really that stupid tbh. Considering that the Statue was NOT all the way put together and it was safer in Team Arrow's hands anyways.

Yeah to add on to that, that was all on Andy and Darhk playing on Diggle so...yeah...not really stupid at all.

Also they didn't know Malcolm was working for Darhk so they had no reason to suspect anyone was gonna just break in and Grab it.

AGITΩ

I thought Earth-3 was CBS/Supergirlverse, which makes sense for Shipp, but Supergirl didnt know of a Flash, was he taken THAT long ago on that Earth? I need answers. I hope Supergirl S2 leads off with Jay Garrick being confused as fuck.

Maddocks

AGITΩ;204582046 said:
I thought Earth-3 was CBS/Supergirlverse, which makes sense for Shipp, but Supergirl didnt know of a Flash, was he taken THAT long ago on that Earth? I need answers. I hope Supergirl S2 leads off with Jay Garrick being confused as fuck.

Supergirl was never given a earth number, they did that on purpose if you read the interviews around the time of the crossover.

ZeroX03

Banned
AGITΩ;204582046 said:

Supergirl was never given a earth number, they did that on purpose if you read the interviews around the time of the crossover.

Yeah we all just called it Earth-3 because it was easiest. Well I called it Earth-CBS at first, but clearly that's not the case anymore either.

ReiGun

So things we might get for season 3:

Jay leading the Justice Society
Snart back as Citizen Cold
Wells alive and well to continue blessing us
Appearances from the Legends as they try to undo what Barry did
Supergirl...somehow
Return of the Reverse Flash
The Black Flash coming for Barry after he royally fucked with the rules of the Speedforce
Kid Flash and maybe Jesse Quick
If Arrow is affected, Daddy Queen as the Green Arrow

There's so much they can do depending on how big they're willing to go.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Speaking of Mark Waid...

‏@MarkWaid
Thanks, @FLASHtvwriters, from a very satisfied viewer.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't read any of the comics and have a vague understanding of the workings of the DCU but...

So Barry decided to say fuck it, went back and saved his mom and now his original timeline is left to go on without him?

Magwik

Banned
I'm just having a really hard time believing anything will change on the Arrow side of things. The showrunners all seem too stubborn.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey if they're really doing Flashpoint full out, tomorrows episode of Arrow is pointless lol

Malvingt2

I don't read any of the comics and have a vague understanding of the workings of the DCU but...

So Barry decided to say fuck it, went back and saved his mom and now his original timeline is left to go on without him?

He reboot his timeline.. Flashpoint... everything is going to change for the worst....

ReiGun

It appears he erased his timeline, given that the Flash from season 1 disappeared.

In the comic, when Barry ran back, he woke up powerless and the Flash never existed. The world was also royally fucked up, so let's look forward to that.

Penguin

Hey if they're really doing Flashpoint full out, tomorrows episode of Arrow is pointless lol

I'm wondering if it ends with a final scene with things changing in Star City.

Like they... had to have known?

They scheduled the shows to end when they did... I guess

I have to watch Seasons 1 and 2 again but idk if I like Barry anymore....

Him going back to save his Mom is just.....ugh...

This dude has been overtly emotional and reckless this entire season. Like that's why I brought up the Oliver/Barry comparison. I feel like I can Blame everything that happened this season on Barry. Oliver is never this reckless and I guess that can be blamed on having time and dimension bending powers idk. Dude had two Uncle Ben's die and still hasn't learned the lesson.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm just having a really hard time believing anything will change on the Arrow side of things. The showrunners all seem too stubborn.

I actually noticed that tonight's episode solely credited the Helbings (who only produce Flash), it's the first Arrowverse finale to not give a Story By to Greg Berlanti. Okay Supergirl didn't if that counts. I'm not actually sure where the producers planning between shows is all at. Probably waiting to fix it all at the start of next season.

Also Berlanti's birthday today!

ReiGun

I'm wondering if it ends with a final scene with things changing in Star City.

Like they... had to have known?

They scheduled the shows to end when they did... I guess

It would be a crazy ass feat if they decided to structure all three (now four) shows around this one story line on Flash.

Tabby

• New city running shots holy shit. I've been waiting for that all season.
  • Zoom is such a fucking savage. Time remnants up the wazoo.
  • Season 1 finale Reverse Flash is in the Star Libs prison and this time it's Barry. I like.
  • Poor Wally's been left in the dark in all of this. I can't wait til he's actually part of the team.
  • THE REAL JAY GARRICK. I'm liking what I can hear of his theme. OH FUCKING SHIT.
  • RED SKIES. RED FUCKING SKIES.
  • Haha. Fuck Earth 3 you're going to Earth 2 now.
  • Watching this makes me sad Arrow didn't have Oliver and Dinah Lance together.
  • HE RESET THE TIMELINE HOLY SHIT. Writers I hate your cliffhangers.

I think they had originally played for LoT to be JSA, but they should just do a JSA themed season 2 and rebrand the show as JSA and drop the time stuff for season 3.

Yea, it seemed that way to me. That's probably what they'll do instead of spending more money on a new show. We already have plenty of DC shows on the CW for different days. Tuesdays belongs to The Flashes, Wednesdays belongs to Felicity, and Thursdays will belong to the Losers of Tomorrow. Which will, in time, turn into the Janky Society of America.

I just want to know if the CW will have the budget to make a truly apocalyptic landscape.

Or will it just be a slightly worn down Vancouver.

So majority thought this finale was disappointing? I liked it, but more curious to see if it will affect all the shows or probably just a couple episodes in season 3.

Magwik

Banned
I actually noticed that tonight's episode solely credited the Helbings (who only produce Flash), it's the first Arrowverse finale to not give a Story By to Greg Berlanti. Okay Supergirl didn't if that counts. I'm not actually sure where the producers planning between shows is all at. Probably waiting to fix it all at the start of next season.

Also Berlanti's birthday today!
I mean i assume before they film it they have to check with their bosses and all the other producers if they can go ahead with it, but I just can't see the Arrow side if stuff accommodating for this.

Penguin

It would be a crazy ass feat if they decided to structure all three (now four) shows around this one story line on Flash.

Well Supergirl shouldn't be directly effected

But.... if it didn't go against what I told for (having to follow every show to get the story)

I'd have the 4 shows be on the "Flashpoint Earth" until the big crossover in Dec and that would reset the world to what... they knew/know now... and this way... could freshen up the 2nd part of the season

Since most of these shows have proven don't know what to do with the entire season ep count

Tabby

Imagine if Arrow killed Laurel because they knew Barry was going to go full Flashpoint. Full reset across the entire DCTV verse? Yes please.

A man can dream ):

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean i assume before they film it they have to check with their bosses and all the other producers if they can go ahead with it, but I just can't see the Arrow side if stuff accommodating for this.

It's not fair on Arrow if Flash retcons everything, and I doubt The Flash really wants to erase their entire history so I suspect it'll be temporary and they just continue with Arrow like nothing happened. I'm sure all the producers have a rough plan.

Really seems like if they wanted to do Flashpoint last season would've been more suitable. And they had a perfect excuse for Crisis and they don't.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was hoping they would put him into the costume he wore in the 1990 The Flash tv show but that one worked too.

This also messes with LOT .
Which is another reason why it won't last long if they make it effect other shows.

I don't think they will drag all the shows into Flashpoint. What's likely going to happen is the rest of the shows will continue on as usual except Flash. We're going to get a few episodes to show the differences between this timeline and his past timeline. Barry finds a way to fix it and ends up in the correct timeline and ask Star Labs what happened. They ask Barry what's wrong like nothing happened. Barry drops by Ollie's city and gives him something from Robert.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So majority thought this finale was disappointing? I liked it, but more curious to see if it will affect all the shows or probably just a couple episodes in season 3.

I liked it a lot *shrug*, Jay Garrick is epic and now we know he will be in more episodes or on Legends possibly based on an interview, and I like Flashpoint heh I just didn't think they would do it. I'm holding out hope that it's more than just a few episodes and it changes the whole landscape of every show.

It's weird how I don't consider Barry an idiot like others. I think of him more as just too young & really not in control of his emotions at all, which is why they locked him up. Bit them all in the ass in the end and they don't even know it lol Thanks Wally! :p

Hardcore mama's boy though.

Matrix

I don't think they will drag all the shows into Flashpoint. What's likely going to happen is the rest of the shows will continue on as usual except Flash. We're going to get a few episodes to show the differences between this timeline and his past timeline. Barry finds a way to fix it and ends up in the correct timeline and ask Star Labs what happened. They ask Barry what's wrong like nothing happened. Barry drops by Ollie's city and gives him something from Robert.

That would make for some bleh tv all said and none. This will happen for sure.

Arrow needed the reboot more than any other show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom