• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysun

The man in the mask reveal was so rushed and late in the game that it sputtered out.
It didn't have the impact it should have had, the pacing was off in these final episodes.

I liked Zoom being carried off as the Black Racer bit

Flashpoint Season 3 should probably be wrapped up pretty quickly, I doubt it goes on for any significant amount of time.

Overall not bad TV, but nowhere close to Season 1.

Neoxon

f5MWtDn.gif

At this point I think most people that dislike S4 never really liked the show beyond S1 and 2 gave them a false sense of what the show actually is.

Well, seasons 1 and 2 had story and character arcs that actually made sense, strong story and thematic ties between the present day and flashback sequences, and coherently filmed action bits that outweighed any of the bad CWisms. So yeah, I think those two seasons gave me a sense that it was actually a good show, unlike the shit we've seen these past couple years.

But this is the Flash thread, and I'm too fucking hyped about Flashpoint for me to piss and moan more about Arrow falling off a massive cliff.

I thought it was a pretty good finale, but not up to S1 standards.

But that ending just made me think Barry will never get over his mother, and that'll be his biggest downfall. It took me a little out of the show.

Tabby

From having the writers killing Laurel off because they wrote themselves into a corner, it turning into a Felicity show, lazy fight choreography, Oliver apparently being a wimp; for a guy that's killed Ra's he gets his ass handed to him by regular ass cops and Anarky, pointless flashbacks that don't add up to what's supposed to happen, pooping all over its source material.

The Flash season 2 definitely doesn't hit the heights of season 1 but I'm just really surprised people think season 4 of Arrow is better. Each to their own though.

Blader

I really enjoyed the finale, though I still know what the fuck time remnants are, and the season as a whole. Surprised a lot of people are so down on Flash this year, I thought it was nearly as good as last year.

The only thing I'm actually disappointed with here was the very end, for basically this reason:

Something weird is going on when a show ends it's season on time travel and I'm just thinking "I wish he'd have just gotten with her and ended it there".

I'm sure the new timeline won't last for long anyway, but I hope it doesn't undo any of the character work in these last few episodes. Especially if it means building up to Barry and Iris for a third time.

Ehh..Season 4 has been better than Flash this season imo.

It started off slow then got up to speed(lol) after Legends Setup and dipped back down after the Jay reveal and was just bumpy for the rest of the season. I'd rather have Arrow's consistency than the Flash this season.

Arrow has been consistently shit this year, and I say that as someone who mostly didn't mind S3. It's hugely disappointing how badly that show has fallen since S1 and 2.

I'm guessing the only thing we'll see them change up on arrow is the...
nuke not happening
and everything else will be the same.

The Light

I thought Barry understood why he couldn't save his mom in season 1. Would've made more sense to go back and save Henry from Zoom since that wouldn't destroy the timeline at all.
Guess it is all worth it for flashpoint!

I am very conflicted on the finale. On one hand, it had a lot of good moments, but I am very lukewarm at the idea of Arrowverse Flashpoint. I feel like it'll just come off like a neutered version of that story. It won't have the same scale and feel, just the basic tenants of "Barry fucked everything up".

I mean damn, they spent the entire finale last year telling us how Barry wasn't dumb enough to save his mother and fuck up the timeline, only to give him a year more experience and make him do it anyways.

I am very conflicted on the finale. On one hand, it had a lot of good moments, but I am very lukewarm at the idea of Arrowverse Flashpoint. I feel like it'll just come off like a neutered version of that story. It won't have the same scale and feel, just the basic tenants of "Barry fucked everything up".

I mean damn, they spent the entire finale last year telling us how Barry wasn't dumb enough to save his mother and fuck up the timeline, only to give him a year more experience and make him do it anyways.

What's gonna end up happening is that Season 3 Barry will be the Barry that gives Closet Barry the Pa Kent.

GulAtiCa

I thought Barry understood why he couldn't save his mom in season 1. Would've made more sense to go back and save Henry from Zoom since that wouldn't destroy the timeline at all.

Well, in his mind, he could be going for 2 birds with 1 stone type of thing.

Since, saving his mom and stopping Reverse Flash would prevent his tragic past from possibly happening, perhaps making Zoom never being able to come to Earth 1 and killing his father. Thus his Father would have never went to jail and never to die (at least from Zoom)

Volimar

No, he said he was pissed at the reinvention of Jay, then the showrunner said no reinvention, so mark apologized, and now this tweet

He literally tweeted that it didn't matter who was in the mask, that the damage was done. But it seems he deleted the tweets from that night. I get that he was in a huff that night, but the turn around makes him seem kind of bratty.

Luigi87

Barry likely sees saving his mother as the following:
-Prevents Thawne from succeeding in killing her
-Prevents his father from going to jail
-Prevents Thawne from being trapped in the past and assuming Harrison Wells life
-Prevents the dark matter explosion from happening (at least in 2013), thus he never becomes the Flash, the outbreak of meta humans doesn't occur, there is no singularity event opening breaches to other Earths, and Zoom never comes to Earth-1, this keeping Barry's whole family alive.

ugh flashpoint

But I am dying at those Arrow defenders. That show is trash and not even close to S2 Flash

Arrow is far from its best right now, but the criticism of it is mostly a parody of itself at the moment.

Season 4 has been fine. Way better than season 3, that's for sure.

Volimar

Barry likely sees saving his mother as the following:
-Prevents Thawne from succeeding in killing her
-Prevents his father from going to jail
-Prevents Thawne from being trapped in the past and assuming Harrison Wells life
-Prevents the dark matter explosion from happening (at least in 2013), thus he never becomes the Flash, the outbreak of meta humans doesn't occur, there is no singularity event opening breaches to other Earths, and Zoom never comes to Earth-1, this keeping Barry's whole family alive.

And hey, no singularity from this one....that we know of. Thanks again Eddie.

A weaker season finale than last year except for the last 5 minutes or so. But the Jay Garrick and Flashpoint stuff got me HYPED for season 3.
I wonder... obviously season 3 will begin in a very changed world. Will those changes affect earth-2? Or is the timeline different because it's a separate world? Basically will Harry and Jesse remember the events of the original timeline?

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Is the show allowed to use characters such as
Pandora & Dr.Manhattan so they can their take of New 52 & Rebirth
for season 4 and 5?

Magwik

Banned
Is the show allowed to use characters such as
Pandora & Dr.Manhattan so they can their take of New 52 & Rebirth
for season 4 and 5?
The most the Arrowverse will ever touch us probably Spectre. Those two? Fuck the movies probably will never touch those two.

ryan299

I thought the season was meh. They never really got running and they absolutely ruined the man in the iron mask. Going with another speedster after the huge success of season 1 was a bad decision.

I really grew tired of Barry this season. He's an idiot and the ending cemented it even further.

I thought the season was meh. They never really got running and they absolutely ruined the man in the iron mask. Going with another speedster after the huge success of season 1 was a bad decision.

I really grew tired of Barry this season. He's an idiot and the ending cemented it even further.

It was a season with a bunch of ambitious ideas but making Barry a idiot, making the Villain a partial knockoff of the last, and just really being weirdly paced, hurt it.

Ok finale. Definitely sets up for
Crisis on infinite Earth's/CW's/Multiverse/Flashpoint Paradox. Guessing Arrow season finale tomorrow will need to be undone anyhow since it's going to be so spectacular and they closed half the city for it.

icespide

Banned
the set where they did the race must have had some terrible noises or something because they ADR'ed all of the dialogue and it was awful

Looking forward to the Speedforce giving Barry the side-eye and being all "what the SHIT, Barry"

Anyone talking about this yet?

3cDVfwi.png

856810-blackflash1.jpg

It'll work.out well for a recurring villian of the week, since they don't need Sears, but it's a little expensive so will be just every once in a while. And now 100% Tony Todd.

PreFire

So if it's flashpoint paradox season 3 will begin like this:

Barry wakes up in his childhood home (or CCPD) and wonders if what he did was just a dream. Everything seems normal until he sees people who were dead, now alive, like his parents, Eddie, etc.

Barry remembers saving his mom, but the Flash probably never existed, so he's also powerless. He doesn't care because his family and friends are alive.

With the butterfly effect in play, the Earth will be in danger/already in danger/or just a living hell. Barry's old memories will start to fade as the new ones he created are starting to take over.

He's probably married to either Iris, Patty, Linda (damn, Barry, you dog, you!) or someone else. Doesn't have the father son bond with Joe.

He'll meet a murderous Green arrow, a taunting Reverse Flash screaming "I told you so". Barry will try to recreate the accident that gave him his powers, again. Probably fail, almost die, try again. His mom will tell him to not save her. He cries, we cry.

Oliver shoots an arrow through the reverse flash's head while he's talking shit to Barry. Barry returns home, where he originally left.

Orrrr it could go somewhere completely different lol

Supergirl has to somehow slip into the arrowverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom