• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magwik

Banned
Yeah... That's silly.
The answer that you'll probably get is that the past 24 hours are so recent that time is still in flux and hasn't solidified yet so Speedforce replaces him. Anything past that would be changing the timeline after it has been set in stone hence Barry not being able to replace himself. Also because if he goes back a year into his old body how exactly does he get back to the present without ripping the past of old Barry?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The answer that you'll probably get is that the past 24 hours are so recent that time is still in flux and hasn't solidified yet so Speedforce replaces him. Anything past that would be changing the timeline after it has been set in stone hence Barry not being able to replace himself. Also because if he goes back a year into his old body how exactly does he get back to the present without ripping the past of old Barry?

Would've been ideal for preventing Flashpoint as ever being a possibility.

I truly hope Zoom was bullshitting on this time rem.
It just doesn't make any lick of sense.

And I even more hope that this was all some of an elaborate plan (Doubt it though), because god that was dumb as fuck.
For 17 episodes, it seems like Barry's goal is to get faster so he can beat Zoom. When he finally achieves said goal, he does nothing with it other than luring him into Star Labs, which would've happened anyway....

God dammit...
"Even I'm not fast enough to make a speed mirage--something demonstrated already by someone slower than me last season--so I did something that requires way more speed instead."

If Eobard had the speedforce formula all this time and had all that future know-how then why didn't he just build a better tachyon device and GTFO himself or even speed up Barry with it so he could create the wormhole much faster?

Joni

"Even I'm not fast enough to make a speed mirage--something demonstrated already by someone slower than me last season--so I did something that requires way more speed instead."

He would have to run continously through two Earths to work as Zoom on one Earth and as fake speed-less Jay on another. Thawne 1 was beating up Thawne 2.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
If Eobard had the speedforce formula all this time and had all that future know-how then why didn't he just build a better tachyon device and GTFO himself or even speed up Barry with it so he could create the wormhole much faster?

He only had the resources to build one at the time.

Joni

He still would need Barry's help, who didn't really want to help the guy that killed his mother.

Kyoufu

I don't think Barry enters a wormhole when he goes back in time 24 hours or so. He seems to do it by accident which is the opposite of the Speed Force which you have to think of the time you want to jump to when you're inside it.

aintgottaexplainshit.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted for 5-10 minutes and it gets swept under the cosmic treadmill. I think that would satisfy people if they did it faster and don't drag it out the whole episode.

tkscz

I wouldn't be surprised if it only lasted for 5-10 minutes and it gets swept under the cosmic treadmill. I think that would satisfy people if they did it faster and don't drag it out the whole episode.

It would satisfy me. The "I lost my powers" cliche' doesn't work when the audience knows he'll get them back. It just makes them more impatient the longer it takes to get them back.

C-Drive

I kept expecting Wells' to have poisoned the serum vial somehow. Would have been pretty easy to do since Zoom was just hanging around with his buddies while Wells was off putting together the vial and then he had to "calibrate" it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Two depowered Barry episodes this season. This is truly Smallvillian!

He has to get his speed back today to visit Ollie and the funeral the following day

Like that'll matter, they can be out of sync by a few days. But it'll still be back by the end of the episode. Barry will have learned that the Speed Force came from within the whole time, because he's the God of all speedsters just as Geoff Johns envisioned.

The Hermit

Yeah, finally watched that episode. Arrow level stupidity all around.

And that OT title was scary accurate. Almost as eerily accurate as Mr Robot OT title.

Sephzilla

Yeah, finally watched that episode. Arrow level stupidity all around.

And that OT title was scary accurate. Almost as eerily accurate as Mr Robot OT title.

tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mlf6uy9pvs1rd1pdh.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
And to think people were upset it was a Marvel reference instead of a DC one.

We're all a family when it comes to terrible storylines.

ZeroX03

Banned
Spoilers courtesy of TVLine.

PRE-FINALE:
Now that Zoom has Barry's speed, "In these last five episodes, the pieces start to fall together and you see exactly what his endgame is," says co-showrunner Aaron Helbing. "There's definitely a method to his madness." For Barry, "It's going to take some adjusting" to life in the slower lane, co-showrunner Todd Helbing says, though the question of somehow reacquiring his speed "is certainly brought up." Elsewhere, Wally has "a different reaction" than others have had to Barry's secret, while Cisco is "hit pretty hard" to discover that his brother is the Earth-Two villain Rupture — though the reveal brings him and Dante closer together over here.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 24):
"Last year's [finale] was chock full of emotion and spectacle, and we tried to raise the bar," says Todd. "Grant [Gustin] posted about how insanely emotional the finale is, and emotion really is driving it. But the vastness of the showdown is pretty epic." On a lighter note, "There might be a grand gesture" from Barry-loving Iris, Aaron hints, while as for the Man in the Iron Mask reveal, "You will not see it coming," Todd asserts.

Yes, because trying to raise the bar on things you did on S1 has worked out well so far...

Joni

The fact that they are keeping the reveal back that long remains disappointing. So, how big is the chance that it is John Wesley Shipp Flash and it matched the Teddy mole because they didn't want to pay him just for that? A guy can hope.

KonradLaw

People are silly. The one in iron mask is obviously Felicity. Just well hidden. It's so obvious. How can you guys not see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom