• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

zoomfrostsujkc.gif

Yeah that part was sick. Hope we just get more of that for the rest of the season.

I knew it!

But spoil tagged it just in case.

Yup.
Judging by the preview, it seems like they try it twice to replicate the particle accelerator explosion. In Flashpoint's case, Barry tries once and fails. Then tries a second time and strikes gold.

I also wonder if they will go with the lightning bolt being Barry Allen himself in the future?

KOMANI

KOMANI
I think the guy in the helmet is
zoom's father. The code he uses is, when he taps on the glass, has already been described as a "military" code. We also know that Zoom's father is an authority of some type .

Joni

I think we need to add Zoom to the beta club. He keeps a girl around just to look at her because she looks like his ex.

Joni

It also seems like Oliver should confront Barry about his killing habits. Like now he is killing Earth-1 people.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey, Barry's plan may have been to exhaust him to the point of death, but Griffin Grey could have stopped at anytime.

Joni

The downfall of Zoom.... A girl. She ain't even giving it to him so I don't know why he's keeping her around.
He is a superpowered, superfast serial killer that had already killed 23 people before having powers. He is however very kind to women when he is not murdering them.

The actor's not very good at playing bad guy. Zoom is better when he's got the mask and another person's doing the voice acting.

It's also the writing. They made a deadly enigma into a mustache twirling, one dimensional bad guy who just kills for the lulz.

Eobard-Wells still the king.

He is a superpowered, superfast serial killer that had already killed 23 people before having powers. He is however very kind to women when he is not murdering them.

Lmao. That's a good one.

I also liked how Zoom just knew when Frost was going for the kill. Where was he when Caitlyn was getting attacked earlier?! Eating those damn burgers?!?!

Xemnas89

It's also the writing. They made a deadly enigma into a mustache twirling, one dimensional bad guy who just kills for the lulz.

Eobard-Wells still the king.

Eobard-Wells is the best villain we've had from the Arrowverse but I like zoom too. Zoom to me is kind of like what happens if you give Michael Myers super speed. He's just a sociopath who likes to kill and just so happens to have super speed.

I like Zoom too. The dude is an unhinged maniac. He makes it work. He was a manical glutton from the outset. They've just added layers of total insanity to him.

Joni

Wait, I'm confused. Is Griffin Grey dead?

It looked that way. Or he could have just reverted back to his original form and lived. But in that case, it remains attempted murder.

Eobard-Wells is the best villain we've had from the Arrowverse but I like zoom too. Zoom to me is kind of like what happens if you give Michael Myers super speed. He's just a sociopath who likes to kill and just so happens to have super speed.

Which is fine, until you explain he is the brother of the main character who was in a mental hospital.

ZeroX03

Banned
Weighing in on Zoom aka Hunter Zololomon’s latest kill, Flash showrunner Andrew Kreisberg says it was simply a case of a doppelganger proving to be redundant. Meaning, Hunter iced Killer Frost because he now has “Jay Garrick’s” actual romantic interest, Earth-One’s Caitlin Snow, in his clutches.

“We loved what Danielle [Panabaker] did with [Killer Frost], so when we were designing this episode and we had Zoom kidnap Caitlin, it seemed like a fun thing to do to be able to have the two of them together. To have Caitlin actually experience time with her [doppelganger] gave us an opportunity to sort of deepen both characters.

“But ultimately, she had to go,” the EP continues. “Like even she said, the only reason he had to keep her alive was she was a living remembrance of him caring about [Caitlin].”

As anyone who has read the comic books knows, recreating The Flash’s origin can be fraught with peril.

“The next episode is about the efficacy of doing that,” Kreisberg says. “Harry thinks that between his particle-accelerator explosion [on Earth-Two] and what he learned from what the Thawne version of Wells did [on Earth-One], he can contain it and just get Barry his powers back. But it’s complicated and dangerous. Everyone, including Barry, has to sort of decide if this is the right way to go, considering the craziness that ensued last time. They’re sort of faced with a ‘Damned if you do, damned if you don’t,’ because Zoom is about to unleash a reign of terror on the city.”

The proposal will, for sure, have its opponents, seeing as, among other things, it could sire a whole new bunch of baddies. But interestingly, it’s one of Team Flash’s cooler heads that will endorse Harry’s bold plan. “Given what they’re up against, Joe, who’s always been so protective of Barry, surprisingly is the one who says, ‘Maybe we should give this a shot,'” Kreisberg reveals.

In fact, all of Barry’s father figures engage in the debate, as John Wesley Shipp returns as Henry Allen. “There’s a great scene between Barry’s three fathers essentially… where all three of them are sort of debating what their son should do,” Kreisberg says. “Not all of them have the take on it that you’d expect, and I think that’s what makes for such an interesting scene.”

http://tvline.com/2016/04/26/the-flash-season-2-episode-19-spoilers-killer-frost-dies/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom