• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase17

I like that the big divide between Jesse and Wells was that Wells killed someone to save her. And in this episode Jesse aides in the death of grey to save wells.

Also enjoyed Wally demanding a meeting then right before it asking Joe "What do I say", although this makes some sense since he just wanted to fanboy out.

Fairly weak episode but an interesting stinger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I do hope Wells eventually goes, "Look, the guy was a fucking serial killer. I did everyone a favor."

carlsojo

This had been a pretty good season but it's just run out of steam now as we walk towards the finale next month. Like what's left? Barry gets his speed back next episode, we dick around for another villain of the week, the setup for the finale, then fight Zoom?

Jesse shrieking at Wells because HE KILLED A MAN and I'm like who gives a flying fuck? You're alive after being hunted/captured by an unstoppable speed demon.

Kyoufu

Someone GIF Zoom phasing through Caitlin please.

It's cooler than anything Barry Allen will ever do in his superhero career.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Someone GIF Zoom phasing through Caitlin please.

It's cooler than anything Barry Allen will ever do in his superhero career.

Always check the thread page from when the episode ended:

zoomfrostsujkc.gif

I like how they handled Zoom's origins and character, but I hope they explore them even further. I want the writers to show that he's what Barry could become, how his life tranformed him to who he is and that he's a bad guy, but he has a reason and maybe a twisted good side, like he loves Caitlin, but he wants to keep her against her will.

I get that we have seen the above, but I want more.

I was able to follow this thread last night, so I'm not sure what the general consensus is BUT... I thought it was a massive improvement over the previous episode. I mean, clearly didn't fix the Jay/Zoom mess, but Zoom phasing through Caitlin was a baller moment. The only really dumb thing that pissed me off was Caitlin being so stupid and gullible when she met Killer Frost.
The end bit with Harry talking about setting off another particle accelerator is pure hype. Presumably that's where Wally and maybe even Jesse get their speed from, plus a whole crop of new villains for next season. After watching the DC Animated movie Flashpoint I was curious why recreating the conditions that gave Barry his powers in the first place wasn't the first thing they did. So in that sense this episode kind of felt like stalling a little bit.
I gotta hand it to Teddy Sears, he's much more interesting as crazy ass Zoom than boring ass Jay Garrick.

ALSO: Cisco, can you hurry up on Diggle's new helmet PLEASE?!??!

Kyoufu

Hey, let's get this evil Killer Frost person out and leave the poor guy knocking for help out! HE'LL BE FIIIIIIINE!

Why won't they help him? T_T

Kyoufu

I love Zoom. He's just a pure badass.

It's just a shame that the main character of the show sucks so much in comparison. Barry is basically Naruto pre-chakra lock release thing that Jiraiya did for him.

Xenoboy

I felt kinda bad for the villain of the week for once! Episode was an improvement to the last.
Question about next episode -
Is Rupture a metahuman?

Thank god. That would be a little too on the nose.
That said, Johnny Quick is a goalie in the NHL, so it's wouldn't be unheard of.
Is there not anymore rooms in Star Labs so the father and grown up daughter can maybe not sleep right next to each other?

Kyoufu

Thank god. That would be a little too on the nose.
That said, Johnny Quick is a goalie in the NHL, so it's wouldn't be unheard of.
Is there not anymore rooms in Star Labs so the father and grown up daughter can maybe not sleep right next to each other?

You guys have got to let this incest thing go. It doesn't exist!

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
The only acceptable way to save the character.

4247387-jay_garrick.jpg

I was rewatching last week's episode and seeing a man in the Jay Garrick outfit assault his wife just felt wrong.

Also, I really want that Big Belly Burger poster.

Xemnas89

I was rewatching last week's episode and seeing a man in the Jay Garrick outfit assault his wife just felt wrong.

Also, I really want that Big Belly Burger poster.

I think they established that was the army uniform on earth-2 but I see what you're saying.

Johndoey

Banned
At first you thought Jay was just an ineffectual drug addict, then you realized he was a love sick, ineffectual, murderous drug addict.

tkscz

To me the lowest episode of season 2, but still not bad. I like Jesse so her being back is good to me (when will she get her speed?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom