• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, there's no other good reveal other than it being Teddy Sears wearing that mask.

It's not gonna be any dopplegangers, unless you wanna say it's Shipp, and there's no good way of playing that since 'Jay Garrick Flash' exists on this Earth.

It's gonna be Teddy Sears, but he'll be the real Jay Garrick. Why they're holding out as some big mystery, I dunno.

ZeroX03

Banned
To be honest, there's no other good reveal other than it being Teddy Sears wearing that mask.

It's not gonna be any dopplegangers, unless you wanna say it's Shipp, and there's no good way of playing that since 'Jay Garrick Flash' exists on this Earth.

It's gonna be Teddy Sears, but he'll be the real Jay Garrick. Why they're holding out as some big mystery, I dunno.

I don't even know if that would be a good reveal. It would be more of an "oh they're scrambling to fix their screw up" reveal.

I don't even know if that would be a good reveal. It would be more of an "oh they're scrambling to fix their screw up" reveal.

I dunno if it's really a screw up. They introduced the Man in the Mask early enough that they had a plan with him in mind.

It might not be the best plan though.

I feel nothing but anger

There's no other outcome!

The problem with revealing Teddy Sears under the mask is that he is doing 24: Legacy.

How so?

Revelation: The Man in the Iron Mask is Jay Garrick.
Outcome: Jay Garrick gets free and kills Hunter Zolomon.

Earth 1 Flash and Earth 2 Flash shake hands and part ways (with the ability to guest star on future seasons!)

Let's them keep the heroic and noble Jay Garrick intact. Allows Teddy Sear to star on 24 and come back for guest spots here and there.

Final shot of Season 2:

flash-jay-garrick-16-1444825112.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Revelation: The Man in the Iron Mask is Jay Garrick.
Outcome: Jay Garrick gets free and kills Hunter Zolomon.

Earth 1 Flash and Earth 2 Flash shake hands and part ways (with the ability to guest star on future seasons!)

Let's them keep the heroic and noble Jay Garrick intact. Allows Teddy Sear to star on 24 and come back for guest spots here and there.

The Man in the Iron Mask isn't getting revealed until the final episode. They're not going to be able to introduce, justify and make a Teddy Sears Jay lovable in one packed episode.

I'm sticking with my 'Jay Garrick and Hunter Zolomon are the same man theory' instead of twins. How you ask?

oR0qTdS.gif

That or there is a real Jay Garrick and Hunter Zolomon got plastic surgery to look like him cause he's crazy as a shithouse rat.

Joni

The real Jay Garrick is obviously in the future on a mission to get NX details since we wont be getting any at E3.

Imaginary Wells quote: "We don't have 'video games' on our Earth."
How else could someone do five majors and think that is somehow normal?

Ashhong

Sleeping. Zoom has a tendency to sleep through metahuman attacks.

Speaking of this, is there an explanation for him sleeping through that meta attack in that episode? It just seemed so weird to me at the time and still stands out to me

ZeroX03

Banned
Speaking of this, is there an explanation for him sleeping through that meta attack in that episode? It just seemed so weird to me at the time and still stands out to me

To make him confusingly suspicious. For the first twelve or so episodes there were no hints that Jay was Zoom, and then they decided to throw a bunch of hints lacking subtlety in the few episodes leading up to the reveal.

Xemnas89

I just assumed that he was on Earth-2 being zoom so that's why he "slept" through it. My assumption is the "Jay" you see afterward is the time remnant.

To make him confusingly suspicious. For the first twelve or so episodes there were no hints that Jay was Zoom, and then they decided to throw a bunch of hints lacking subtlety in the few episodes leading up to the reveal.

I'd say the hints officially started in episode 11 with the Hunter reveal.

Ashhong

That's stupid. What lazy writing lol.

I liked the suggestion that it's hunters dad since he uses military code tapping shit instead of standard Morse code. Yes you could say well its earth two! But there's literally no purpose in not just using standard Morse code imo.

Although I don't know why that reveal would warrant a "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" line

I just assumed that he was on Earth-2 being zoom so that's why he "slept" through it. My assumption is the "Jay" you see afterward is the time remnant.

I thought this too but why would they keep swapping back and forth? Was he not the time remnant before that scene?

Xemnas89

Oh, yeah that'd be right. I honestly thought it was all a huge misdirect because of how quickly it went from subtle to "Zoom is Jay!!!"

I don't know why they didn't have more subtle hints throughout the season since they said he was planned to be zoom all along. I can't find it now but there's even an interview with Teddy where he said he thought they decided to go a different way because there was never any sign he was zoom but then he read the script for 11.

I thought this too but why would they keep swapping back and forth? Was he not the time remnant before that scene?

My assumption is there was no time remnant till episode 14.

Xemnas89

They keep saying the identity of the masked man will blow our minds. I do hope they realize that most of us expect it to be the real Jay Garrick so that wouldn't be mind blowing.

What if (and I know about the stance of WB with TV shows and movies) the man in the mask is...

Erza Miller, the wannabe flash in the Flash movie. He's the flash of earth 4

Quick question: are there any flash books I can read out there? Like I would love to read the comics but I hate that whole comic format. So is there a way I can get the same flash stories, just in book Form and not in comic Form???

Big Belly Burger is love. Big Belly Burger is life.

Sleeping. Zoom has a tendency to sleep through metahuman attacks.

So Zolomon is a super fast serial killer that is lazy and a glutton?! Smdh, what happened Zoom. You used to be the man. You used to be with 'it'. Now look at you, tsk tsk.

These two have very good chances of bish banned gifs. Somebody get to work on those asap.

Magwik

Banned
To be honest the best part of the episode was committing to Barry not having his speed for more than 40 minutes. It wasn't just a retread of the previous episodes where it comes back at the last minute.

To be honest the best part of the episode was committing to Barry not having his speed for more than 40 minutes. It wasn't just a retread of the previous episodes where it comes back at the last minute.

Yeah but the episode itself was fairly boring

Plus it's so hard to shake off the complete stupidity of the last episode. So I admittedly went into this one feeling really poorly about it.

Looking forward to the next one though no doubt

Beta. You forgot beta.

Right, I've been up playing Nioh so my mind isn't totally there. A super fast serial killer, lazy, a glutton, and a beta. What's next writers?! What else are they going to do to decharacterize a villain like Zoom?!? Won't they think of Earth-1 children?

Next season will be better. We're getting Gorilla God right?

maxcriden

SHIELD is never bad.

Not bad, but sometimes boring.

I don't know, I stopped watching SHIELD after the midseason finale.

Ah, gotcha. A couple eps have been slow since then, with some good points otherwise though. I thought the first half of the season was really very good though, so I don't think this somewhat less compelling (so far) half of the season will win you back.

They keep saying the identity of the masked man will blow our minds. I do hope they realize that most of us expect it to be the real Jay Garrick so that wouldn't be mind blowing.

Im pretty sure the Internet at this point guessed many options far better than what it actually is and the reveal will let us down.

Just look at Zoom; Earth 2 Henry, 90's Flash...
that reveal of Jay never had a chance.

Magwik

Banned
Its Earth-3 Henry Allen whos Jay Garrick
Also Zoom exiting to conquer as many earths as possible could lead into something Supergirl related

Kyoufu

That was a pretty good episode.

You can't lock up the darkness.

Also.

ALSO.

Zoom phasing through Caitlin was the coolest shit. I fucking hate how much of a chump Barry is in comparison to the villains. A FUCKING CHUMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom