• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline will only be clear once all the episodes have aired. It is like how we were struggling to find the moment where the Supergirl cross-over happened for almost a month. If the moment already happened, it could only have been during Versus Zoom.

Ah that's true. I guess I hadn't considered the Supergirl crossover and the way it worked out.

KonradLaw

Hows the current run? Kreisbergs run was an awful I love Felicity fest (and people say Guggenheim is bad). Hows Percy doing?

It's not bad. Not great either. It's not Grell or Lemire, but it's definitely better than any other New 52 run. I'm pretty hopefull for where Percy will take it next though. Guy is merely starting his comicbook career and there seems to be some growing pains. Most of all he seems to struggle against how little space the format gives you monthly, so some stories seem rushed. So it will be interesting to see how he will do with twice a month scheudle GA will get with Rebirth.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh yeah, new episode tonight.

#2.20 "Rupture"
Episode Promo
DC COMICS’ CHARACTER RUPTURE COMES TO CENTRAL CITY WITH ZOOM – Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely stupid, just like typical Barry. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelgangster. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris (Candice Patton) decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him: feeling sick of his stupidity. Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Kai Yu Wu & Lauren Certo (#220). Original airdate 5/3/2016.

fla220b_0079b.jpg

Magwik

Banned
The man in the mask is either: another Jay, Henry as Jay, or someone related to the larger DC comics mythos. Probably someone from the JSA or Legion of Superheros

Seems like Flash will acknowledge the death on Arrow, in its upcoming
Black Siren
episode.
Rupture
seems to be a strong opponent. Better than Reverb even maybe.
And more Iron Mask teases.
http://tvline.com/2016/05/02/the-fl...aldes-cisco-brother-rupture-iron-mask-reveal/

Hopefully he'll be a longer lasting villain. Like, 10 minutes, maybe.

I still think it's Jay. He freaked out when Barry mentioned the name.

They probably didn't know who was behind the mask yet, when they wrote that scene.

Dereck

The last few episodes have been so bad to me. Since they unmasked zoom it has been down hill.
It makes sense that since Zoom has no shame (has basically been wanting to steal people's speed to get faster), he's modulated his voice to make it sound deeper and has the ability to alter his eye color. He's really fast but I think the guy has low self esteem. He sounds and looks threatening but he's just a guy, just like Barry Allen. I think it makes him a more interesting character.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still going with Earth-2 Wally in the iron mask.

Although "Jay" would probably know about Wally's familial situation, Zoom did know where Wally was and name him during the kidnapping.

Then again E-2 Iris and Joe didn't mention him, but maybe they didn't know he existed.

I really doubt that. They had to redeem the Jay Garrick name back when they wrote Fake Jay as Zoom. This was all likely planned from the beginning.

I thought they didn't know Teddy would be Zoom at the beginning of the season. Or do you mean they wrote the Mask Guy after the Jay Zoom switch?

Either way, I was more of a joke. While these things are normal in TV writing ("making shit up as they go"), it's becoming weird in the Arrowverse (the grave on Arrow, Teddy as Zoom).

That is a given, it is his one episode.

Hey! Killer Frost survived her first episode!

Sephzilla

My legit guess for the masked man is that he's
a Jay Garrick that didn't agree to help Zoom. Zoom Jay straight up said he convinced himself from an earlier time to help him. Who says the Jay that helped him was the first one he talked to? Masked man could easily be a younger Jay that hadn't started Velocity stuff yet and thus had no reason to side with Zoom

Joni

My legit guess for the masked man is that he's
a Jay Garrick that didn't agree to help Zoom. Zoom Jay straight up said he convinced himself from an earlier time to help him. Who says the Jay that helped him was the first one he talked to? Masked man could easily be a younger Jay that hadn't started Velocity stuff yet and thus had no reason to side with Zoom

Would be weird to kidnap him then, Hunter was never a good guy so no reason to remove him from the timeline.

Vengal

Iron mask speculation
They've been pushing the similarities between Barry and zolomon so I wonder if the man in the mask is his reverse flash. Jay Garrick travelled back from the future to visit a supposed ancestor who was also a flash only to find out it was zoom. They still haven't explained how reverse flash Harry knew what Jay's helmet was just yet.

Joni

Harry Potter was on the show a couple of weeks back and they get Ron to cast
Expecto Patronum
. That is weird.

ZeroX03

Banned
THis made me realize...why didn't we get those long ass awesome trailers for remaineder of the season for Arrow and Flash?

Legends got one.

The promo team only so much time and resources, so it's often devoted to the newer shows. Nothing tops that Arrow S2 long trailer.

tim1138

So if the man in the mask is
the actual Jay Garrick
and the surprise appearance in the Legends finale is
Alan Scott
are we heading to some incarnation of
the JSA
across the shows next season?

GulAtiCa

I really loved last year's promo Heroes vs Villains fight club video from last year. Wish we got something similar for this year.

Ronin Ray

It makes sense that since Zoom has no shame (has basically been wanting to steal people's speed to get faster), he's modulated his voice to make it sound deeper and has the ability to alter his eye color. He's really fast but I think the guy has low self esteem. He sounds and looks threatening but he's just a guy, just like Barry Allen. I think it makes him a more interesting character.

The problem for me is he fought a speedster guy last year so I have no interest in Zoom. Him being a force of nature or some kind of monster that the speed force has wrapped because of his addiction to it is inherently more interesting to me.

Joni

So if the man in the mask is
the actual Jay Garrick
and the surprise appearance in the Legends finale is
Alan Scott
are we heading to some incarnation of
the JSA
across the shows next season?
That has been a rumor since the tease for ma hunkel and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom