• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn it Barry rocking his ugly suit at least till next season.

EDIT: whoops misread you, My bad
I do wonder if they'd consider making a new suit. Arrow's suit changed going into Season 4 if I'm not mistaken.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Please support my paetreon

ZnxMT29.png

Just when I thought the only L's taken this episode would be Cisco and Wally's Barry had to go into the future. No way Iris is going anywhere though.

And good lord at Candice in those dresses.

Something horrible is about to happen.

Those carolers weren't that bad.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh as the AV Club pointed out, Savitar referred to HR as "the fake Wells". Which is interesting, because as far as we know he's his own real Wells. Could have multiple meanings. HR got really skittish afterward. Maybe face switching could come back into play.
We're going to see Earth-19 so we'll learn more later.

Truth be told, who can really beat the flash in a fight beside Superman and supergirl? Like if he's running at his full speed, your head is coming off your body

MartyStu

Just when I thought the only L's taken this episode would be Cisco and Wally's Barry had to go into the future. No way Iris is going anywhere though.

And good lord at Candice in those dresses.

Those carolers weren't that bad.

Barry will always snatch an L from the jaws of victory. Always.

jobrro

Good mid-season finale.

Was worried the the blurb about the episode mentioned opening old wounds for Cisco about Dante. Old? They were closed literally the previous episode. The way they did it wasn't too bad though and can be blamed largely on the box.

Barry could have just gotten Supergirl to fly the box into the sun or something, but that would probably make too much sense. Even the throwing it into an active volcano probably would have been better as previously suggested in this thread.

Really don't want any of the Wests to die. HR would make sense as at least one of the fallen, betrayer or 'worse than death' fates since they will need a new one in Season 4 anyway. Can't see Caitlin being the betrayer as it would seem a little obvious given the Killer Frost arc. Maybe The Flash could take on Felicity as a regular as use her as a sacrifice.

Main guess for Savitar's identity is Future Flashpoint Barry, but haven't really though it through too much.

Really liked HR throughout the ep. Drunk HR was hilarious, and he is great with Wally.

Asbel

Since the box is in the speed force, I think the betrayer has to be able to enter the speed force. So basically
Barry

jobrro

Next episode will start with Barry realizing how much money he'll need to cover that huge Vancouver apartment's rent, leading to a life of crime.

He could just sell or lease some of Star Labs assets. Maybe he gets money from patents?

Forgot he owned Star Labs until the crossover mentioned it again.

Edit: Beaten like a Barry

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'm betting on Joe being the traitor, since it would have the most impact. Maybe he'll make a deal to save Wally or something.
Iris probably doesn't die since we see her dying, so I'm guessing Julian is the one who will die.
And I hope the fate worse than death will be Barry disappearing à la Wally from Young Justice, and Wally takes up the mantle.

Next episode will start with Barry realizing how much money he'll need to cover that huge Vancouver apartment's rent, leading to a life of crime.

He can always sell off the Hall of Justice.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That future scene with Iris dying will happen as shown... except it won't be Iris. They're gonna pull the ol switcheroo and get some kind of shape shifter/light based ally to help them out. Calling it now.

They'll make Julian and Caitlyn an item, kill Julian, Caitlyn will snap and then go evil (but not 100% evil).

This was a pretty awesome episode. Pretty much the exact opposite of what they did with Zoom last season - got the Julian/Alchemy stuff out of the way, established who Savitar is and why he's fucking with Barry, and moved the plot forward significantly. Their solution also makes it much easier to keep Savitar out of the picture until later in the season and have other stuff happen in the meantime.

I liked Savitar's prophecy and Barry seeing the future too - gives a different plot for the second half of the season than what we got the first two, but still keeps up the mystery aspect. That being said, I have a feeling Savitar is still going to be someone Barry knows - my personal guess is
Future Flashpoint Barry or Eddie
. Former is much more likely than the latter though, as to bring it full circle I have a feeling Savitar is going to be connected to the original Flashpoint universe.

The betrayer is obviously going to be made to look like it's Caitlin as Killer Frost, but I'm guessing it will actually be either HR or an "accidental" betrayal by someone like Wally. I'm not even going to consider who the death and fate worse than death are, because I don't want any of the cast that was present to die or leave the show. Even though I know HR is expendable (as a new Wells will obviously show up), they're not going to advertise a death in advance and have it be the guy that we've already established there are multiple versions of.

Anyway, Flash has still been on point for the first half and I feel like it's been way better than season 2 (with the exception of emo Cisco) so I'm looking forward to the second half.

I think Julian will die by the time the season ends, which is a shame because I think he'd be a great addition to the main cast. Lmao at them making Malfoy say "the philosophers stone"

Loved the episode overall. Best of the season for me. I really hope Wally stays talking that shit while he is kid flash. Would separate him well from Barry and Jesse.

jwk94

What happened to that black-haired chick that worked with Iris? Is that the Patty everyone keeps talking about? I'm pretty sure she moved outta town when Jay came around but I can't recall.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A happy mid season finale ending? Death flags everywhere.

I know, right. I'm so glad they resisted the urge to do a stinger. Great holiday episode and it closed the chapter on the first half of the season.

Julian is sooooooooo dead though.

EDIT: whoops misread you, My bad
I do wonder if they'd consider making a new suit. Arrow's suit changed going into Season 4 if I'm not mistaken.

Arrow suit has been constantly adjusted almost every season
1. Original
2. More gear, mask from Barry at midseason.
3. Cisco upgrade but gear just shifted around.
4. Completely new suit.
5. S4 suit with sleeves.

Flash suit had a behind the scenes update halfway through S1 for a better fitting cowl,
White circle going into S2 and changed red in areas slightly.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So if Savitar is like 1000's of years old, he can't be someone Barry knows. I think he's just some ancient speed god that was trapped somehow and got loose. Though him knowing the future is a bit weird, that would mean he's everywhere all the time, which means he can't be defeated. I hate characters like that.

Grizzlyjin

What happened to that black-haired chick that worked with Iris? Is that the Patty everyone keeps talking about? I'm pretty sure she moved outta town when Jay came around but I can't recall.

I think both of Barry's past love interests have left town. Patty was a police officer and worked in the metahumans department with Joe, Linda Park worked with Iris at the newspaper/blog/whatever the fuck they do.

Actually...what happened with the "real" Dr. Light aka the Earth 2 version of Linda Park? I can't remember, did she die?

1. Original
4. Completely new suit.
5. S4 suit with sleeves.

His bow changes, too.

Barry's suit had very minor adjustments, mainly in the cowl for comfort, along with the white emblem. It's due for an upgrade and they can work the ring into their in universe explanation.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
His bow changes, too.

Barry's suit had very minor adjustments, mainly in the cowl for comfort, along with the white emblem. It's due for an upgrade and they can work the ring into their in universe explanation.
They need to make it the bright red from the character poster for the season. It looks dope on my DVR as the icon for the show this year.

Grizzlyjin

1. Original
4. Completely new suit.
5. S4 suit with sleeves.

Flash suit had a behind the scenes update halfway through S1 for a better fitting cowl,
White circle going into S2 and changed red in areas slightly.

See, I never noticed this stuff until people point it out. Except for Season 4, I noticed then.

Hopefully they've done some tests with a bright red costume. Fans seem to be clamoring for it. I wonder how it looks on film. Wally's costume actually works pretty well for being bright ass yellow, even in direct sunlight

See, I never noticed this stuff until people point it out. Except for Season 4, I noticed then.

Hopefully they've done some tests with a bright red costume. Fans seem to be clamoring for it. I wonder how it looks on film. Wally's costume actually works pretty well for being bright ass yellow, even in direct sunlight

Jay's is bright red and bright royal blue and looks great.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Eeehhh... I've always thought that Wally's costume looks terrible.

Grizzlyjin

Running around naked and invisible

They should bring them both back. Capture the Earth 2 version and have the Earth 1 version be a love interest for my man Cisco.

There was somebody else that got seemingly forgotten about...Trajectory. Unless that was just a glorified costume test for Jesse, it felt like Trajectory might come back somehow.

More. Speedsters. More!

They should bring them both back. Capture the Earth 2 version and have the Earth 1 version be a love interest for my man Cisco.

There was somebody else that got seemingly forgotten about...Trajectory. Unless that was just a glorified costume test for Jesse, it felt like Trajectory might come back somehow.

More. Speedsters. More!

Did you forget that Trajectory literally ran herself to death last season?

Grizzlyjin

Did you forget that Trajectory literally ran herself to death last season?

Oh I remember. I call that ambiguous by comic standards. She'll pop out of the speed force or some other nonsense

The fall from grace is obviously
Wally. Basically in the comics he did lose his speed powers and even temporarily became side kick to Hal for one comic. He regained them when Barry died in COIE.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
The fall from grace is obviously
Wally. Basically in the comics he did lose his speed powers and even temporarily became side kick to Hal for one comic. He regained them when Barry died in COIE.

I was figuring
Killer Frost
for that.

It's odd that future Barry from the recording in the crossover event sounds exactly like
Salvator
tho.

Top Bottom