• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Oh I remember. I call that ambiguous by comic standards. She'll pop out of the speed force or some other nonsense

Eh..... I know the trope that if we don't see what actually happens to the body, they're still alive. But for me that was a clear death for her. She isn't a genuine Speed Force conduit and I believe she never had an actual connection to the Speed Force, from my pov.

But by comic and tv standards, we may have seen her get disintegrated but due to how The Flash works, it is entirely possible for her to return. But I truly believe that she is dead and gone. There is no legit or stupid reason for her to come back (unless we get zombie Speedsters which is a legit and stupid excuse).

I hope we see Doctor Light again. She is out and about on Earth-1. Who knows what she's doing during all this chaos. The same also applies to normal Linda Park.

Skux

Nice midseason finale. It gave the feeling of a victory that doesn't quite seem won - you know there's still work to be done, which is a nice tension to keep over the holiday period.

Julian's character was a nice surprise.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Eh..... I know the trope that if we don't see what actually happens to the body, they're still alive. But for me that was a clear death for her. She isn't a genuine Speed Force conduit and I believe she never had an actual connection to the Speed Force, from my pov.

But by comic and tv standards, we may have seen her get disintegrated but due to how The Flash works, it is entirely possible for her to return. But I truly believe that she is dead and gone. There is no legit or stupid reason for her to come back (unless we get zombie Speedsters which is a legit and stupid excuse).

I hope we see Doctor Light again. She is out and about on Earth-1. Who knows what she's doing during all this chaos. The same also applies to normal Linda Park.

Yeah, they'll probably just let her go. She's so tied into that Velocity 9 story beat that I couldn't imagine her coming back unless they went back to that.

Dr Light definitely deserves to come back. She would be perfect for a "filler" episode.

KonradLaw

Very nice half season finale. I like how it finally diverged from previous two seasons formula. Barry even got a real win.

So if Savitar is like 1000's of years old, he can't be someone Barry knows. I think he's just some ancient speed god that was trapped somehow and got loose. Though him knowing the future is a bit weird, that would mean he's everywhere all the time, which means he can't be defeated. I hate characters like that.
What if future Barry has thrown him into the ancient past? Where speedforce didn't connect to Earth, thus robbing Savitar of his ability to travel back?

carlsojo

Hmmm a Fake Wells that wants to train a speedster... where have I heard that before?

xmas5501pqa.gif

Prophecies:
One will fall: Iris
One will betray you: Wally
Suffer a fate worse than death: Joe (sorry Joe)

Patryn

Oh wow philosopher's stone namedrop, somebody must play Metal Gear Solid on the writing team.

Nice. <3

The philosopher's stone is an ancient artifact that has been written about for thousands of years, with the first reference being traced to 300 A.D., but it could possibly date to even earlier than that. It has been part of the Dr. Alchemy character since about 1958, a full 29 years prior to even the first Metal Gear game.

So, no, I don't think it was a Metal Gear Solid reference.

Rymuth

- Hamill! So cool of him to reprise so many different version of the Trickster! Dude's baller AF

- So basically, every threat (terrestrial or otherwise) to the multiverse is the fault of a past/future incarnation of Barry..............that's so sad it's stomach-churningly hilarious!

strafer

I'm so happy that Julian is not the bad guy after all, I smiled at the end when he came to celebrate christmas.

Also, I wasn't expecting a happy ending at all. I guess the flash forward with Iris dying was the main hnnng of the episode.

I'm betting next episode is next year in february?

So basically, every threat (terrestrial or otherwise) to the multiverse is the fault of a past/future incarnation of Barry..............that's so sad it's stomach-churningly hilarious!
Right? What Jay said earlier in the episode about Savitar was awesome. Savitar being an actual speed god that has come for Barry because he's becoming fast enough to challenge him was waaaay more interesting than more time-travel fuckery caused by (future) Barry's stupid ass.

Patryn

How could anyone not like Iris from the get-go??

Because she felt really shoehorned in during the early parts of Season 1?

Frankly, almost all the CW hero shows have done a terrible job with the "canonical" love interest in the beginning.

Toa TAK

Banned
Because she felt really shoehorned in during the early parts of Season 1?

Frankly, almost all the CW hero shows have done a terrible job with the "canonical" love interest in the beginning.
Don't care. Those eyes can do no wrong. &#128064;
Iris was just a blank personality in a love triangle in the first season.

Kill her and bring back Patty, I'm down.
You're a monster.

Sölf

Really good episode. I need more Hamill, god damnit, he was awesome even though he only appeared for 1 minute.

So we now have a break for what, 6 weeks? 7 weeks?

Pics_nao

Just watched it.

Did Barry actually hit that? Bout goddamn time.

My bets:
Die: Joe
Betray: Caitlin
Worse than death: Barry

Also, fake Wells? Real Wells soon then right?

The Hobo

Barry could have just gotten Supergirl to fly the box into the sun or something, but that would probably make too much sense.

It makes more sense to not throw a powerful magic stone you know nothing about into the star that sustains all life on Earth.

ZeroX03

Banned
So what happens to Julian after this?

Is he inducted into the Star Labs crew or does he have some bad days left in him

Inducted into crew
Some stuff happens
He suits up as Alchemy without knowing it
Some drama ensues
He suits up as Alchemy willingly
More drama ensures
He finally repents and gives up Alchemy for good
He dead

Patryn

I thought it was just confirmed that Savitar is future Flash?

Unless I misread something watching the ep.

You misread something. He says that Future Flash traps him whereever he is *cough*SpeedForce*cough* costing him everything. So basically he's come back to wreak vengeance for something Barry hasn't done yet.

Toa TAK

Banned
You misread something. He says that Future Flash traps him whereever he is *cough*SpeedForce*cough* costing him everything. So basically he's come back to wreak vengeance for something Barry hasn't done yet.

AH. Okay, I screwed up when Barry asked "Who are you?"

Then Savitar responded with "I am the Future, Flash."

I heard it as straight up Future Flash.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I loved the scene where Savitar dragged his blades along the wall in the speed lab. It reminded me of Freddy Krueger in the original A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Top Bottom