• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
Uh, really good episode? First half was a bit run of the mill and Plunder was a nobody villain, but strong direction for the second half of the season, plot has an impact on all the characters, high stakes, strong focus.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wonder if Kid Flash could get a spinoff show.

So your saying you want him on Legends?

Alternate take: Wally should do a few episodes on Arrow, and Arrow can send someone over in return. Diggle or Wild Dog are great in crazy situations. Ragman might get some people worth fighting. And Wally could really use a strict ass teacher to drill some discipline into him, just like Barry needed an arrow to the leg in season one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alternate take: Wally should do a few episodes on Arrow, and Arrow can send someone over in return. Diggle or Wild Dog are great in crazy situations. Ragman might get some people worth fighting. And Wally could really use a strict ass teacher to drill some discipline into him, just like Barry needed an arrow to the leg in season one.

I like this idea. Personally I'm okay with the shows being their own thing except for the yearly crossover. But more guest appearances would be nice. They all have pretty big casts now, so Felicity coming back over to Star Labs or Wally having an adventure in Star City would be nice. You could minimize their roles in one episode and I don't think anyone would notice unless it was Oliver or Barry.

Xenoboy

Wow, this was a really good return, same with Legends too.
Next week can't already come soon enough and nice that Julien is in the team now. It's nice too see that Caitlyn has some more to do too and lol at "One my earth we give reptiles"

Joe is definitely gonna die, one dad per season.

Edit: We got Deadshot lite

LakeEarth

Iris... Oh Lawd ��

I know, they're definitely dressing her to get you to notice her this season.

Yes, why was no one asking this? He had crazy tech for a jewel theif.

I was waiting for this plot point, and it never came. Just a random jewel thief with an insane, multi-function gun that would make Judge Dredd drool. From memory, this gun shot:

1. Tracking bullets that can travel as fast as the Flash
2. Exploding mines
3. Some sort of sound wave shot
4. A completely ineffectual electric net thing

And I'm sure there was more I'm not remembering.

Ronin Ray

Barry "I don't know if i can change the future? Man everything is so messed up because I traveled back in time and changed the future."

Yes the whole time I was like Barry we can't get you to stop messing up the future and now the one time you need too your like I don't know if I can

shingi70

Banned
To be fair even so Reverse flash said that Barry caused problems because he didn't know how to travel and interact with the timeline correctly. Seems without the use of a timeship a speedster has to be careful with what they do.

It also seems like Barry's taking the proper re auctions for changing the future.

MartyStu

#3.11 "Dead or Alive" Promo (it's kiss or be kissed)
"Whisper to a Scream" Trailer (1min teaser reel, mostly old footage)
AV Club Review B

Also the way they talk about Joe this episode... the future may want Iris to die, but Joe's the one waving those death flags.

Cocky Iris is amazing. This show continues to waste the actress in the 'standard' female roles.

Quite honestly, we would be WAYYYYY better off if she were a detective. Or at least doing something that did not relegate her to being emotional support or a speech machine.

Volimar

Also the way they talk about Joe this episode... the future may want Iris to die, but Joe's the one waving those death flags.

Oh God we're going to go full Smallville here with weeks of moping about how saving Iris killed Joe. CW pls.

ZeroX03

Banned
Also the date that Barry travels to in the future is a Tuesday that will most likely coincide with The Flash's real life season finale. In case it wasn't immensely obvious they'd be building up to that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What what is they saw about Joe in the future? I couldn't really hear it.

I think that he was being honored at city Hall? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. What stood out to me was the wording. They would honor a fallen officer with an illustrious career.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wally is getting absorbed into the Speedforce while fighting Savitar.

This will cause HR, who has always been Wally's champion, to join the Legends crew and search the multiverse trying to find him.

Next year on Flash, being Wells-less yet again, the team will pluck the French Mime Wells out of the multiverse and Tom Cavanagh will pull double duty.

Dereck

Pffffftttttt.

Bruh what the hell is this.

Why dude look like he made a Flash suit for Halloween with some red cleaning gloves.

This dude's neck legit looks too short for his body in this outfit.

Bruh who the fuck dogdes anything like that is this a joke.

kGW4Mdm.gif

LionPride

Banned
Pffffftttttt.

Why dude look like he made a Flash suit for Halloween with some red cleaning gloves.

kGW4Mdm.gif
He does look like he has no damn neck in the suit

----------------------------------------

If I don't get my Black Fatherhood moments again because Joe is dead I'll riot damn it

Killing Joe would be one of the worst decisions they could make. How about a season where someone close to Team Flash doesn't die?

I know I expected Grant/Barry to get a new suit by now considering Cisco had a limited number of them and it'd seem like running out of the old ones that weren't even made for Barry in the first place would lead to a good opportunity to change it.

Pffffftttttt.

kGW4Mdm.gif

I agree. He could have dodged whilst moving forward.

Pffffftttttt.

kGW4Mdm.gif

lmao i haven't seen the episode yet but this looks like a shitty matrix parody from mtv movie awards or something.

Platy

he is noob =P

Also ... holy hell future barry you suck hard.

Gorilla destroying the city ? Music Meister selling stuff ?
Killer Frost on the Loose ?

Did you stopped ANY bad guys ?

Grizzlyjin

Killing Joe would be one of the worst decisions they could make. How about a season where someone close to Team Flash doesn't die?

I know I expected Grant/Barry to get a new suit by now considering Cisco had a limited number of them and it'd seem like running out of the old ones that weren't even made for Barry in the first place would lead to a good opportunity to change it.

When Cisco and Barry were talking about there now being two suits but only one mannequin, I thought it was going to lead to Barry getting that cool suit ring that Thawne has. They'd only had to show him using it once and then we'd "get" how it works again. But I think that scene was just there to highlight Barry's insecurity in regards to Wallace. It's definitely time for a new suit INSIDE a ring next season, if you ask me.

Gambit61

I know, they're definitely dressing her to get you to notice her this season

Just finished this week's episode. I swear Iris' super power has to be her dresses, dayum.

Also lmao at Malfoy's terrible small talk, hopefully he doesn't doom the flash team to the same fate.

Pffffftttttt.

kGW4Mdm.gif

He dodged it like the dancing gif

Phyranion

So here's a theory for you: Wells realizes they can't change the future after all, so when they saw him with the gun in the future, it's because he's using some kind of hologram gun (based on the hologram technology from today's episode) to create the image of Savitar killing Iris. So the future Barry sees happens, it's just not real.

Joni

When Cisco and Barry were talking about there now being two suits but only one mannequin, I thought it was going to lead to Barry getting that cool suit ring that Thawne has. They'd only had to show him using it once and then we'd "get" how it works again. But I think that scene was just there to highlight Barry's insecurity in regards to Wallace. It's definitely time for a new suit INSIDE a ring next season, if you ask me.

They just want to show off the costume by putting it there on a mannequin. The ring looks cool for one shot.

So here's a theory for you: Wells realizes they can't change the future after all, so when they saw him with the gun in the future, it's because he's using some kind of hologram gun (based on the hologram technology from today's episode) to create the image of Savitar killing Iris. So the future Barry sees happens, it's just not real.

Except he holds Iris in his arms.

Pffffftttttt.

kGW4Mdm.gif

Also given that clothing catches on fire at speed on a speedster, should Wally's hair also be singed or burning with his ridiculous open head gear?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also given that clothing catches on fire at speed on a speedster, should Wally's hair also be singed or burning with his ridiculous open head gear?

I imagine the things there are actually parts of his body don't need special covering. Do you expect him to cover his eyes or the opening for his mouth?

Joni

Oop, I missed laser beams on my list of what that magical, completely unexplained weapon could shoot. Sound waves, mines, automatic electronic fence, tracking bullets AS FAST AS THE MOTHERFUCKING FLASH .... and oh yeah, laser beams.

Laser weapons at least make sense. Lasers can beat the speed of light.

Grizzlyjin

I bet that gun has a setting where it shoots bees. And then the bees get in your mouth. Barry couldn't outrun bees. That's canon.

Top Bottom