• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Sulik2

I finally started season two great so far. But I have to ask here because its hilarious if true. Are TVs screens in earth 2 all portrait mode?

I really liked the new episode it was nice seeing the two speedsters together. The setup for the plot isnt as bad as I thought it would be at least theyre making sure they dont destroy shit lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I finally started season two great so far. But I have to ask here because its hilarious if true. Are TVs screens in earth 2 all portrait mode?

It denotes a culture more concerned with close shots of the human face than of sprawling vistas.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Okay a couple of things...

1. Doesn't the future newspaper having the byline change prove that the future is malleable?

2. Speculation: Since the future where Barry sees Savitar kill Iris has now changed to have HR there, they are now working to prevent that future from happening at all. However, if they succeed at doing that, won't that create a paradox? Barry won't see Iris getting killed by Savitar and won't have any reason to change the future.

SO, I think the reason that HR is there now is to fool the Barry that ran to the future by accident to avoid a paradox. The hologram of Cisco is to set up the fact that they have hologram technology that will allow them to project the image of Savitar killing Iris via the "gun" that HR was holding. Alternatively, Iris could be the only hologram to fool Savitar.

NeonBlack

Pffffftttttt.

Bruh what the hell is this.

Why dude look like he made a Flash suit for Halloween with some red cleaning gloves.

This dude's neck legit looks too short for his body in this outfit.

Bruh who the fuck dogdes anything like that is this a joke.

kGW4Mdm.gif

I just wanna know why he decided to jump when his power relies on mobility.

LionPride

Banned
All the pro-Iris death people ain't shit, are as crazy as the people on Reddit calling for Felicity's head and threw a bitch fit because they didn't like a decent season.

1. Doesn't the future newspaper having the byline change prove that the future is malleable?

Yes, plus the dozen other times Barry has messed with time and proved it can be changed. Writers think we're idiots.

As to your paradox comment, Flash writers just ignore them, which sucks.

LionPride

Banned
I just wanna know why he decided to jump when his power relies on mobility.
Why did Roy flip all the damn time?
Don't ask questions

2. Speculation: Since the future where Barry sees Savitar kill Iris has now changed to have HR there, they are now working to prevent that future from happening at all. However, if they succeed at doing that, won't that create a paradox? Barry won't see Iris getting killed by Savitar and won't have any reason to change the future.

SO, I think the reason that HR is there now is to fool the Barry that ran to the future by accident to avoid a paradox. The hologram of Cisco is to set up the fact that they have hologram technology that will allow them to project the image of Savitar killing Iris via the "gun" that HR was holding. Alternatively, Iris could be the only hologram to fool Savitar.
Paradoxes aren't addressed on the show, and to the bolded, Barry is a very emotional dumbass who doesn't think things through. We know this. Also a decent excuse if it's just because the writers don't care.
Nah man she's been useful to plot since she learned Barry's identity.
Very useful, like, I really dig Iris as a character since early Season 2. Until she dated fake Drake for two episodes and he went back to his home planet

I thought it was a pretty normal to hop a little before you take off running?

For some people yeah, I know I sometimes jump a bit before I run or do a little Walter Payton scissor kick when I'm running

Nabs

All the pro-Iris death people ain't shit, are as crazy as the people on Reddit calling for Felicity's head and threw a bitch fit because they didn't like a decent season.

Yeah, I don't get why people want Iris dead (I hope I don't). If you don't like what they're doing with the character, ask the writers to fix it by giving her more to do. Killing her is cheap and won't do anything to improve the show, it'll just give us another season of Barry crying all the time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Has Barry ever seen the newspaper change other than the author? We, the audience have, but I'm not sure if Barry's ever seen it change beyond Flashpoint which is a new reality.

1) Yeah, makes the speculation dumb.

2) "Always in motion is the future." There won't be a paradox because Barry just saw one outcome that comes from their current path, obviously though it's still going to happen either due to a variable they didn't know about or it ends up being self fulfilling.

Oop, I missed laser beams on my list of what that magical, completely unexplained weapon could shoot. Sound waves, mines, automatic electronic fence, tracking bullets AS FAST AS THE MOTHERFUCKING FLASH .... and oh yeah, laser beams.
They are fast enough to dodge lasers but not fast enough to outrun a motorcycle. Sweet.

Also, I don't know why they're worried about whether they can change the future. They already have, several times. In fact, Flashpoint and even Iris' death itself are variants of their original future. But you know. Fast motorcycles again.

Platy

People in this show not believing the future to be maleable makes zero sense.

THE FUCKING PAST is maleable, why would the future not be ?

Also, they changed the future when Eddie killed himself =P

Joni

Iris at the moment isn't adding anything to the show. She is simply a sounding board for the other characters. They either need to do something with her or they kill her.

LionPride

Banned
Iris at the moment isn't adding anything to the show. She is simply a sounding board for the other characters. They either need to do something with her or they kill her.

This is why writers don't need to listen to fans, because they come up with the most basic and boring and stupid solutions to problems that aren't there

Joni

This is why writers don't need to listen to fans, because they come up with the most basic and boring and stupid solutions to problems that aren't there

Fans come up with the solution of killing her because the writers suck at the solution of coming up with absolutely anything else worth it. With the added benefit that maybe Barry will learn something about his actions having real consequences he can't undo and giving the show a big 'WOW' moment instead of being cookiecutter 'We saved her just in time'.

this season is just shit, kill iris already, she's useless anyway

it's alright. I don't think it's god awful like Arrow was for the last couple years (they really stepped up this season though). But I'm just browsing my phone and heavily sighing and shit whenever they do their 15th "hey can we talk for a sec" scene of the episode.

It hasn't declined in quality though, it's just retreaded the format a bit too much.

oh and Iris....god damn. Barry's winning.

normally I'd be up for killing off a bunch of DCW characters. but in this case I can't think of any in Flash who could stand to go right now. even malfoy has his purpose at the moment.

i was gonna say caitlyn or cisco but they've resolved their annoying issues.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I blame Game of Thrones. A shock death doesn't mean anything if there isn't proper setup or some lesson to be learned. GoT is a nihilist world where the possibility of death for main characters is there to ground it in some type of reality outside of the magic and dragons. Being a good guy isn't an armor against being killed. The world is cruel and sometimes we become cruel to withstand it blah blah blah

But that flies over people's heads and all they see is important characters dying. The Flash is a superhero story, which are almost all about optimism. Normal people becoming extraordinary and rising up to meet challenges together. The Flash is about Barry being given the powers of a God and learning how to be a symbol for the people of Central City. Something like Iris suddenly dying would probably have some fans saying "Oh shit, Flash is good again!" but I think it's fucking stupid and goes against the ethos of the show.

This show already has a huge problem with retreading plots and the main character not being consistent in what he learns. They'd have to pull some real contrived shit to kill Iris and not have Barry go back in time and undo it.

Joni

This show already has a huge problem with retreading plots and the main character not being consistent in what he learns. They'd have to pull some real contrived shit to kill Iris and not have Barry go back in time and undo it.

Have him do it. Have him do it over and over and over again and fail each time. That is how you motivate him not to change the past. Not by having Jay stop him once and that is it.

caliph95

Honestly i hope we go away with deaths and such as a huge problem is Flash is not as fun as it was and it is not very good when dealing with darker material such as the Zoom stuff. Arrow when it's good can handle the darker stuff as well as other stuff while Flash is better when there is less mopey barry and contrived drama.

Have him do it. Have him do it over and over and over again and fail each time. That is how you motivate him not to change the past. Not by having Jay stop him once and that is it.

I feel like that could work in another universe where past is more set in stone than the Flash where legends and Flash can change the past will nilly. though time travel rules means nothing.

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly i hope we go away with deaths and such as a huge problem is Flash is not as fun as it was and it is not very good when dealing with darker material such as the Zoom stuff. Arrow when it's good can handle the darker stuff as well as other stuff while Flash is better when there is less mopey barry and contrived drama.

I'm still mad Season 2 gave us that amazing beatdown when Barry first met Zoom, and then just wasted all that potential.

Ross61

I blame Game of Thrones. A shock death doesn't mean anything if there isn't proper setup or some lesson to be learned. GoT is a nihilist world where the possibility of death for main characters is there to ground it in some type of reality outside of the magic and dragons. Being a good guy isn't an armor against being killed. The world is cruel and sometimes we become cruel to withstand it blah blah blah

But that flies over people's heads and all they see is important characters dying. The Flash is a superhero story, which are almost all about optimism. Normal people becoming extraordinary and rising up to meet challenges together. The Flash is about Barry being given the powers of a God and learning how to be a symbol for the people of Central City. Something like Iris suddenly dying would probably have some fans saying "Oh shit, Flash is good again!" but I think it's fucking stupid and goes against the ethos of the show.

Pretty much this.

Screw the gun where did he get a motorcycle faster than speedsters? :p

I'm still wondering what the point of the Electric net was *scratches head*

Plunder shot it, Barry and Wally literally ran through it without any injuries or suffering..... The explosives I can understand slowing them down but the net did nothing.

Top Bottom