• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

I thought we all agreed that Savitar is Thor 2: The Dark World

But seriously...... I agree with people saying the reveal won't be done well. They can't top Reverse Flash's reveal.

ZeroX03

Banned
They don't usually top the first season, super personal, dark mirror of the main character reveals. Just how it goes, you can't match the emotional stakes unless it's a multi season set up like Slade.

That said if Savitar is Barry, then it really is more personal than the Reverse Flash and quite a failure to make him seem like an impersonal nobody. Prometheus seems so much more personal than Savitar and he was 'created by the main character' too.

Ross61

Just now watching the Gorilla Grodd episodes. They gonna blow the whole damn budget for these apes. Now Savitar's gonna be a paper cut-out for the rest of the season.

Magwik

Banned
They don't usually top the first season, super personal, dark mirror of the main character reveals. Just how it goes, you can't match the emotional stakes unless it's a multi season set up like Slade.

That said if Savitar is Barry, then it really is more personal than the Reverse Flash and quite a failure to make him seem like an impersonal nobody. Prometheus seems so much more personal than Savitar and he was 'created by the main character' too.

They could have done good with Zoom being the parallel Barry that lost everything and went down the opposite path, but they really fumbled that one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just now watching the Gorilla Grodd episodes. They gonna blow the whole damn budget for these apes. Now Savitar's gonna be a paper cut-out for the rest of the season.

Live action Savitar doesn't look too bad, just chunky. Doesn't seem as svelte or quick as the CGI version.

They could have done good with Zoom being the parallel Barry that lost everything and went down the opposite path, but they really fumbled that one.

They aren't doing much better here. They gotta stop trying to repeat the same plot hoping they can do it better. Grodd should've been the big bad, he's supposed to be the show's equivalent to Slade.

Also the final villain of the show needs to be the classic Zoom. Probably with a different name, but play that story straight.

Xenoboy

I actually don't believe that Savitar is Barry, seems weird with the whole cult stuff, which is throwing me off. Savitar could be anyone.

They did do that. Hunter Zoloman was like Barry, getting his powers in a science experiment after having lost his parents. His dad just happened to be a sack of shit, which turned him into a bad guy.

Their execution was not so good, though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Listen, I made a bet that Savitar is Barry, so I kinda need it to be him.

Plus it would be poetic and I'm pretty into that.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They did do that. Hunter Zoloman was like Barry, getting his powers in a science experiment after having lost his parents. His dad just happened to be a sack of shit, which turned him into a bad guy.

Their execution was not so good, though.

Zoom got his powers while being executed. He was already a murderer; the particle accelerator just made him Speed Murderer.

Savitar's suit is aight but like Zero said he looks chunky. He's also loud as shit. You could probably hear him coming from a mile away, lol. That was kind of distracting to hear when he was fighting Barry.

Skii

I generally liked Zoom. His design and overall fight execution made him seem truly evil. It's a shame it got a bit messy in the end with the time remnants and Barry just giving Zoom his powers. But they kinda made up for it with the Runaway Dinosaur episode (the feels).

Ithil

The show's big problems are in its writing, but it could really use a visual makeover. Arrow kept its costume and settings evolving over the seasons, but 50% of every Flash episode is in the small and boring STAR labs set where everything happens around the control console, and Flash's suit hasn't changed other than getting a white symbol.

I am almost sure Savitar is Barry. He keeps answering "I am the Future, Flash.", which makes me think of a cheesy reveal where someone removes his mask and he says "Like I always said... I am the Future Flash."

Regarding this season as a whole, it's definitely the weakest so far, but overall still enjoyable. Some character drama is unnecessary and dumb (Wally, Caitlin), the villain isn't as menacing or as interesting as in the first two seasons, but there are some genuinely great moments (like the two Grodd-centric episodes).

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Finally caught up, good series of episodes since the break.
Can't believe savitar said the "it was me barry" line lmao.

Also glad jesse is a regular again, can't have enough violett beane.

Wally was in Flashpoint though.

True. I'm confusing myself thinking about the timelines and shit but Daniel West replaces Wally from a different Flashpoint timeline or something like that. That was what I was trying to get at. Like.... A timeline where there was no Wally but a Daniel West only.

Edit: are we gonna do the Patty gifs again? Should we go there? Do y'all wanna go there?

So if Savitar is
Wally
even though
he speaks to Wally as Wallace which Wally doesn't even like.
The timeline would be:
  1. While Wally is trapped in the Speedforce from Savitar, he becomes Savitar out of a hatred for Barry
    [*]
    Barry then fights future Savitar while present Savitar exits
    [*]
    there would be 2 Savitars?????
    [*]
    Barry traps current Savitar in the speedforce
    [*]
    Speedforce Savitar uses Flashpoint as a way to try and escape?
    [*]
    Savitar gives Wally his speed
    [*]
    OG Savitar is still tied to the Philosoper stone even though Future Savitar was
    [*]
    FUCKING NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE IT CANT BE WALLY
giphy.gif
Sequence of what happens:

Flashpoint happens, as a result, Wally dies. When Barry resets the timeline, residual effects cause a Time Echo of dead Wally to remain within the Speedforce. Speedforce Wally gets corrupted, begins to go insane and becomes Proto Savitar. Proto Savitar, through his actions, ends up locking Wally in the Speed Force, and Proto Savitar escapes. But Wally goes insane, becomes Actual Savitar, who ends up doing all the Things Proto Savitar does. Time loop is closed.

I know it's insane, but all the events require is a starting point, and making Savitar be a remnant from Flashpoint helps to give Savitar a MO.

Eddie shooting himself and getting sucked in would have created himself too.
Eddy could also be Zoom
Yeah there is actually no way the reveal will be satisfying.
No reveal can ever satisfying after "TIME REMNANTS" was the excuse for Zoom being able to shank himself. If Zoom was as fast as he claimed to be, literally anything else could have been an excuse. Speed Mirages, Holograms, etc.

That and "Oh Jay was actually Hunter? Hunter's a killer on our earth, lol, don't know how we missed that"

iosefe

I know it's insane, but all the events require is a starting point, and making Savitar be a remnant from Flashpoint helps to give Savitar a MO.

this doesn't work becasue
savitar himself said that the occurence of Flashpoint gave him a catalyst for escape, so when he was created and trapped, Flashpoint wasn't a thing

Magwik

Banned
Sequence of what happens:

Flashpoint happens, as a result, Wally dies. When Barry resets the timeline, residual effects cause a Time Echo of dead Wally to remain within the Speedforce. Speedforce Wally gets corrupted, begins to go insane and becomes Proto Savitar. Proto Savitar, through his actions, ends up locking Wally in the Speed Force, and Proto Savitar escapes. But Wally goes insane, becomes Actual Savitar, who ends up doing all the Things Proto Savitar does. Time loop is closed.
Eddy could also be Zoom
The thing is, I don't believe it is a time loop.
1. Savitar "creates himself"
2. Barry and Savitar fight
3. Barry puts Savitar in the Speedforce
4. Philosopher stone??????
5. Barry creates Flashpoint
6. Savitar uses the stone to gather a following to get caught?
7. Gives Wally his speed even though it relies on Wally touching the stone
8. what is up with the stone and Julians trip though. How does any of that relate to the time loop.
9. ANYWAYS, Savitar then hopes they are dumb enough to toss the stone into the Speedforce
10. Escapes after mind fucking Wally
11. Traps Wally in the Speedforce
12. Barry fights F. Savitar And ???
13. Savitar creates himself or some shit
14. Present Savitar kills Iris
15. Barry tosses him into the Speedforce because ???????
16. What is the deal with the stone??

This shit shouldn't be so complicated.

The thing is, I don't believe it is a time loop.
1. Savitar "creates himself"
2. Barry and Savitar fight
3. Barry puts Savitar in the Speedforce
4. Philosopher stone??????
5. Barry creates Flashpoint
6. Savitar uses the stone to gather a following to get caught?
7. Gives Wally his speed even though it relies on Wally touching the stone
8. what is up with the stone and Julians trip though. How does any of that relate to the time loop.
9. ANYWAYS, Savitar then hopes they are dumb enough to toss the stone into the Speedforce
10. Escapes after mind fucking Wally
11. Traps Wally in the Speedforce
12. Barry fights F. Savitar And ???
13. Savitar creates himself or some shit
14. Present Savitar kills Iris
15. Barry tosses him into the Speedforce because ???????
16. What is the deal with the stone??

This shit shouldn't be so complicated.

Can this be solved with

29hRb8E.gif

?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Just when I started wrapping my head around Time Remnants...I've just been going with the idea that Savitar was being played straight. The "someone we know" reveal is just so played out. It would be hard to spin that and make it satisfying a third time in a row. This show already has some major issues treading over the same ground, it would be nice if they could make a compelling villain without relying on "It was me all along, Barry" asspulls.

Top Bottom