• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

GulAtiCa

I hope the next episode begins with an intro from Wally. This can be his line spoken:

"My name is Wally West, And I am the biggest dumb ass around..."

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I think Savitar is Wally. He said he created himself. Savitar gave Wally his speed and then sent him into the speed force.

Also Savitar knew way too many personal details about the group to not be one of them

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone got a pic of "savitar" from Jay's story?

he wasnt wearing a shirt right?

wallylost his when trapped in speedforce

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's unfortunate because a little slow-mo during that scene would have given the impression that everything happened so fast that even Barry couldn't​ do anything.

Instead it looks like he's seeing Wally off at the airport.

Ecliptor

anyone got a pic of "savitar" from Jay's story?

he wasnt wearing a shirt right?

wallylost his when trapped in speedforce

bzThdTz.jpg

9TmHRzD.jpg

Yeah Barry and Jesse were just standing there watching Wally get absorbed into the Speed Force was pretty stupid. Chalk that up to stupid writing and CIS.

Barry: Hey look, Wally is slowly being absorbed into the Speed Force! Let me just stand there dramatically and watch it happen before my eyes. No biggie.

Jesse: Oh hey, I'm Wally's girlfriend and I'm just standing in STAR Labs while watching my boyfriend get absorbed into the Speed force. No biggie.

Barry: Joe I'm sorry.

Papa Joe: It's not your fault.

Me: Uh.... It kind of, sort of, really is Barry's fault. Nearly everything that is happening is because of Barry and his stupid shenanigans. At this point, Barry IS THE VILLAIN.

TreIII

I mean, it's a stone. They could just dump it in the ocean or a volcano or something.

Or break it in three easily put together pieces and store them in the ArrowCave while Barry stores some Oliver shit in Star Labs.

Or, y'know, since apparently Kara is available on speed-dial, just call her up and have her dump it into the sun. Treat her to ice cream afterwards. I mean, if you really wanna be thorough about it...

But yeah, count me in on the whole idea that Savitar is Future!Barry. There's no way that plotpoints of "not trusting Future!Barry", and last ep's thing of how Savitar "creates himself" aren't red herrings. He even expresses remorse for killing Iris because he knows that's something he has to do in order to perpetuate his own origin story (in spite of the fact that he loves her too, obviously).

Plus, it would tie back into this whole season's thing of Barry playing God and having to deal with the responsibility of his powers.

Xenoboy

I do hope next season we get some returning old villains, like what happened to Eiling? They could have used him in the Grodd episode.

Joni

Or, y'know, since apparently Kara is available on speed-dial, just call her up and have her dump it into the sun. Treat her to ice cream afterwards. I mean, if you really wanna be thorough about it...

Even just dumping it on her Earth would work.

morningbus

Displaced Barry from Flashpoint.

What happened to the version of Barry that grew up in the Flashpoint timeline?

Yeah Barry and Jesse were just standing there watching Wally get absorbed into the Speed Force was pretty stupid. Chalk that up to stupid writing and CIS.

Barry: Hey look, Wally is slowly being absorbed into the Speed Force! Let me just stand there dramatically and watch it happen before my eyes. No biggie.

Jesse: Oh hey, I'm Wally's girlfriend and I'm just standing in STAR Labs while watching my boyfriend get absorbed into the Speed force. No biggie.

Barry: Joe I'm sorry.

Papa Joe: It's not your fault.

Me: Uh.... It kind of, sort of, really is Barry's fault. Nearly everything that is happening is because of Barry and his stupid shenanigans. At this point, Barry IS THE VILLAIN.
I'm going to assume he would just get sucked in himself if he touched Wally. Like, when someone is getting electrocuted with alternating current, you can't just grab him, or you will get zapped, too.

Billfisto

Keeping with the pattern..

• Season 1: Wells mentors Barry. Villain: Wells.
  • Season 2: FakeJay mentors Barry. Villain: FakeJay.
  • Season 3: Barry mentors Wally. Villain..
Barry!

They should just stop letting people mentor other people.

WedgeX

Banned

Barry!

Or only have Ollie mentor them.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Barry!

But HR mentored Wallace!

morningbus

Thinking about it, Savitar would have been an interesting villain for Supergirl, Alt/Barry reveal and all.

My hopes for next year for all the Arrowverse shows is that they try some new things in terms of big bads.

I hope Arrow gets a female big bad, be it Talia or Shiva, or both. Reborn League of Shadows. Get Orphan in there, too.

Flash needs to figure out how to do a big villain that doesn't just run fast. Rogues would be nice, but the budget to keep everyone on enough to make it feel like a real team might be too prohibitive.

Legends, honestly, I'm cool with just keeping the Legion and figuring out something new to fight about. Maybe have the legion fail and next season they decide, fuck it, we're going full Owlman and destroying the multiverse.

Joni

It would be interesting to have the Legion win because they have a surprise member. The others need to split up their seasons to two or three villains. A Sebastian Blood fake boss can also work.

doop_

Banned
I really have no idea what they are gonna do for Season 4 because they clearly have no intent of having a non-speedster villain.

Wouldnt of Barry been sucked in along with Wally if he tried anything? Plus Wally was already like disintegrating lol. Im sure they are trying to do a rebirth moment as someone else mentioned.

This show has gone down the same path as arrow. If they want the show to succeed they should figure an End Date for the show and start crafting an end story. If it has two seasons left after this, figure out how you want to end the story over the last two seasons.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This show has gone down the same path as arrow. If they want the show to succeed they should figure an End Date for the show and start crafting an end story. If it has two seasons left after this, figure out how you want to end the story over the last two seasons.

It's still the most popular show on The CW. This season has been dumb, but so was last season. They'll know they're going into their final season, but I can't envision any of these superhero shows planning out what they'll be doing two years ahead of time. What you're asking for is far more common with cable programming.

That was a really stupid and contrived reason to cut short their engagement just to prolong it because of the need for cw relationship drama

Makonero

I really have no idea what they are gonna do for Season 4 because they clearly have no intent of having a non-speedster villain.

Bart arrives from the future. Inertia chases him. Inertia is the big bad. Barry learns how to take away speed, he, Bart and Wally make Inertia a statue.

Boom. Add a bunch of secrets and relationship drama and we're done.

I'd rather have a multiversal threat. Something like the Anti-Monitor, so huge and terrifying that Barry can't do it by himself.

ZeroX03

Banned
They this show writes Flash vs non speedsters is strange enough. Can they even do a season with non speedster big bad?

Yes. There's plenty of non-speedsters with power sets that can take out an idiot like TV show Barry. Or just put him up against a team.

I still think Neron should be a big bad for Flash at some point. I know they like to stay all "we can explain everything through nonsense science!" but a demon bringing back the dead and having powers Barry can't fathom seems pretty great to me.

Xenoboy

Bart arrives from the future. Inertia chases him. Inertia is the big bad. Barry learns how to take away speed, he, Bart and Wally make Inertia a statue.

I'd rather have a multiversal threat. Something like the Anti-Monitor, so huge and terrifying that Barry can't do it by himself.

Have the Rouges be on odds with Inertia and let them kill him.

morningbus

The problem there, and with a lot of our ideas in general, is that's like 3 or 4 episodes worth of story. Try to fill in the gaps that get you to 22/23 episodes and you see the challenge.

I've long held that they should do the Anti-Monitor as the crossover villain. You could even tease him a few weeks beforehand by having a Pariah show up randomly on each show for a minute or two.

Makonero

The problem there, and with a lot of our ideas in general, is that's like 3 or 4 episodes worth of story. Try to fill in the gaps that get you to 22/23 episodes and you see the challenge.

I've long held that they should do the Anti-Monitor as the crossover villain. You could even tease him a few weeks beforehand by having a Pariah show up randomly on each show for a minute or two.

With a multiversal threat, you can have Team Flash going to different universes and warning people in each, getting caught in traps and having adventures. You could have envoys/supporters dog Team Flash, maybe even destroy their headquarters to really ramp up the tension. I dunno, there's a lot more options than "hey another evil speedster with personal ties to barry whose identity is a secret."

Billfisto

That was a really stupid and contrived reason to cut short their engagement just to prolong it because of the need for cw relationship drama

The whole engagement thing as a whole is just so ridiculously dumb. "Well, she didn't have a wedding ring on in the future, so I'll just ask her to marry me. Problem solved!" is about as well thought-out as Eddie shooting himself instead of just getting snipped.

Barry's seeing the love of his life get murdered in front of him - why does he take the time to think "hey, her fingers are exactly like they always are!"?

Rings can come off, Barry. And on a CW show, of course they will. And they've already shown that minor adjustments can happen without altering the main event (like HR showing up), so how would her being engaged change anything? It'd be the same except the next time you peek in at it Iris would have a ring on.

Except Wally peeked and there was no ring, so time already said "Barry, that's dumb."

Joni

The whole engagement thing as a whole is just so ridiculously dumb. "Well, she didn't have a wedding ring on in the future, so I'll just ask her to marry me. Problem solved!" is about as well thought-out as Eddie shooting himself instead of just getting snipped.

He at least was making sure to stop Thawne before he could kill Barry.

I love all the arrowverse shows, this one is one of my favorites. please don't set an end date for any of the shows especially this one. Please...

DC's movie universe has been shit lately, at least let us keep the shows running for as long as possible...

Season 4 main villain will be STAR Labs' lack of a Security System. That would provide for some entertaining tv this fall.

No Evil Speedster(s), no Rogues, nada. Just random people showing up in STAR Labs looking for the bathroom and THOSE DAMN TEENAGERS, URGH!!!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did you guys see me in Injustice 2

injustice-reversewnuv4.gif

I've always envisioned a scene like this for a Flash movie. Freeway fight scene with cars is a no brainer. It's a set piece that's too complex for tv but would perfect for a dumb blockbuster.

hwalker84

Savitar is going to be FAR in the Future or Alternate reality Barry Allen. That's my theory (Though I'm sure someone has probably already said it).

The Flash:
Abra Kadabra
Arrives in New Episode Synopsis

The Flash (Grant Gustin) battles Abra Kadabra (guest star David Dastmalchian), a villain from Earth-19, who makes him a tempting offer – release him and Abra Kadara will reveal Savitar’s true identity. Desperate to save Iris (Candice Patton), Barry considers taking the deal but Gypsy (guest star Jessica Camacho) breaches in to capture the villain for her own reasons and during the melee, Abra Kadabra manages to escape. Barry is furious that Gypsy interfered but Gypsy refuses to back down, forcing Cisco (Carlos Valdes) to take sides. Meanwhile, Julian (Tom Felton) is still a bit cold towards Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) but when she is severely injured in a battle with Gypsy, he rushes to her side.”

ZeroX03

Banned
Kyle if you don't spoiler tag the villain name in the headline, you've kind of already spoiled a big part of the synopsis.

That said the episode title is literally his name so I don't think we can avoid people getting spoiled lol. Same as Legends and locations.

Top Bottom