• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

caliph95

Godspeed. Because regardless what they say, it'll be a speedster.
Honestly Godspeed could work if they do a similar thing with Punisher because thats what he is speedster punisher. It would be adifferent kind of villain at least and can potentially be more similar to comic barry and make him more inspirational and lighthearted hero as a contrast to SpeedPunisher

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
They completely bungled the Flashpoint/reality changing plot point. I don't care about being faithful to some sort of comic event, this wasn't faithful to the show it was a part of. It was essentially one episode, there were barely any repercussions, and by the mid-season finale it basically didn't matter that Flashpoint happened (or rather, barely matters).

This is exactly why I never wanted to see Flashpoint addressed in the series. There really was no reason to do it at all, but "LOL gotta do it!" When in reality it's just kinda frustrating since anything they spent time building on in the episodes up to that ends up with a foundation of mud.

Invested in the story? Fuck you! Time travel LOL!

- J - D -

I understand the thought process, they want him to be more imposing than the other speedsters and look less human to go with his god of speed thing he has going. So they try to make him more of a monster. The problem is in the execution because Zoom for all his problems was more intimidating in his suit than saviatr ever was. Plus it didn't as much of the budget

What makes Savitar's design even worse is that they were forced to go from a cgi model to an actor in a suit at some recent point. One can argue that the physical suit has a greater sense of tangibility than the cgi, but it's super easy to see now from his bloated midsection that sacrifices had to be made.

Savitar looks chubby now and it really eats into any intimidation factor he had.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
What makes Savitar's design even worse is that they were forced to go from a cgi model to an actor in a suit at some recent point. One can argue that the physical suit has a greater sense of tangibility than the cgi, but it's super easy to see now from his bloated midsection that sacrifices had to be made.

Savitar looks chubby now and it really eats into any intimidation factor he had.

He didn't have any in the first place due to his costume being so painfully overdesigned. He looks like a Bayformer.

- J - D -

He didn't have any in the first place due to his costume being so painfully overdesigned. He looks like a Bayformer.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of his design to begin with, but in the beginning he at least was very tall and had that impossible superhero physique (exaggerated inverted triangle). In recent episodes he looks like a walking fridge and is shorter. I also can't get past how he kinda waddles around in his dialogue scenes with Barry/Wally. Dude looks like he can barely walk let alone run.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm willing to let them have a Godspeed arc but only if the mystery of who he is lasts 10 minutes, he's revealed to be a nobody, and his only motivation is that a serial killer got speed powers.

That would actually be kind of refreshing.

- J - D -

I had forgotten how tall savitar was.

147157.jpg

The idea that Barry or any regular sized person could be in there is a stretch.

ReiGun

My only beef with Caitlin's arc is "her powers make her evil" is such a weak cop out. They want to have their cake an eat it too by turning Cait but making it not her fault for if/when they want to do a face turn.

They had too much better options available. Either have Caitlin slowly break down and become evil due to circumstances or feeling betrayed, or just have Frost be good (there's precedence for it in the comics; there's been time Frost sided with the heroes and she's currently a Justice Leaguer). Both are much stronger stories with more possibilites for the future.

Also, I really hope someone in production with clout is instituting a "no speedsters" rule for S4's villain. We already got Reverse Flash, Zoom, Black Flash, The Rival, and Savitar and we're only three seasons in. Enough.

move Wally & Thea to Legends and we can all just watch that show instead
Nah breh. Move them to the new live Titans show.

Move Cisco to Legends.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know your destinies

The reveal will be underwhelming

Evil Killer Frost won't be explained

HR will remain the best character on the show

Barry will catch infinite Ls

THIS IS THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE FOR YOU

ABOUT YOUR EVERLASTING DAMNATION

Top Bottom