• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Billfisto

Guys. GUYS.

What if the shitty practical Savitar costume isn't actually due to budget constrains? What if CGI Savitar and Walking Fridge Savitar are TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE?

Barry needs to stop CGI Savitar, so he builds a big dumb Savitar cosplay costume out of craft foam and refrigerator boxes and runs to the past to try and coerce himself into getting faster.

Sounds like a Barry plan to me.

Xenoboy

Lol, having Zoom as a drink is in the poorest form, considering how many policemen he killed in there during that one episode with Rupture, even doing a selfie.

Salamando

I need a chart because what's even worse to me is that this Savitar isn't just Savitar, it's also a future version of Savitar. So it's the Savitar that was imprisoned in the speed force after terrorizing Team Flash for 4 years, after killing Iris and breaking Wally's back. So this Savitar kills Iris and then...becomes a past version of himself? There's a version of Savitar missing. Not just Barry transforming into Savitar.

Either the speedforce exists outside of time/space and allowed Savitar to travel back in time to find Wally (the most gullible speedster he could find), or Savitar was actually trapped in the past.

When speedsters can time-travel at will, the plot becomes exponentially more complicated....

Otnopolit

Guys. GUYS.

What if the shitty practical Savitar costume isn't actually due to budget constrains? What if CGI Savitar and Walking Fridge Savitar are TWO SEPARATE PEOPLE?

Barry needs to stop CGI Savitar, so he builds a big dumb Savitar cosplay costume out of craft foam and refrigerator boxes and runs to the past to try and coerce himself into getting faster.

Sounds like a Barry plan to me.

Oh my god, it's why Fridge Savy needs Killer Frost: he needs freezer repairs.

Estellex

It kind of make sense why it would take so long for Barry to figure out who Savitar was. I mean it is really hard for someone to admit they were wrong. THis is the same concept.

GulAtiCa

I can only hope if Jesse is made a regular anywhere, it should be Legends.

That show desperately needs a speedster, and Flash needs less.

I still find it amazing that Barry, outside that dumb meaningless warning message & crossover episode, has never truly been in an actual Legend's episode. Hell, given who they were up against, you'd think he would have been brought in at some point!

sirap

Wally goes to Teen Titans.

That's where he belongs.

I still find it amazing that Barry, outside that dumb meaningless warning message & crossover episode, has never truly been in an actual Legend's episode. Hell, given who they were up against, you'd think he would have been brought in at some point!

The Legends might be dumb, but they're not that dumb.

Don't drop your phone.

Lol. It's safe and fine (mostly).

I honestly cannot come up with anything anymore. I'm just drained from reading all of Flash-GAF's theories and shit.

Last night's Savitar is a version that wasn't the one we saw earlier and this one is also one that had very intimate knowledge of this timeline therefore this Savitar has to have lived through this timeline even though this timeline is also very new because this timeline is different from the earlier Savitar's timeline. My brain hurts again......

Also that this Savitar may be a Time Remnant since the Eobard Thawne on LoT had intimate knowledge about a timeline he shouldn't have known since that Thawne was one that we don't know whether is the one from post/pre-Flashpoint but it has to be the Thawne from pre-Flashpoint because he still remembers working with Team Flash but then he remembers what happens to his LoD mates. My brain hurts again.....

Thus meaning any Time Remnant can and will absorb the memories of multiple timeliness even the ones that have been fixed and destroyed. But this doesn't explain current Savitar since he knows too much about this timeline and is also from the future in which he needs to go back to kill Iris and fight current Barry. But then we also know that 2024 Barry fought a Savitar and has trapped that Savitar in the Speed Force with the help of Time Remnants thus meaning at least one remnant somehow turned into Savitar?

Soooo in essence, it's a infinite timeloop because there needs to be someone who turns into Savitar. If there is no Savitar then the world will implode on it's flatness. So this means that Savitar lived through this all, somehow developed his armor from his fights with his version of Savitar, came up with Savitar due to his fights with Savitar, and then he repeats it because if he doesn't then time will go kaboom.

Grodd Dammit Barry. What the fuck have you done?!

MartyStu

I think Arrow and Flash need to switch the types of villains they have.

Arrow really could use some more balls to the wall Metas. The sort of shit that gives Barry legit trouble.

Flash on the other hand needs more grounded villains. Normal humans who through skill, planning or technology present a threat to Barry.

Billfisto

Next episode:

The cold open immediately follows from the ending of last week's episode. Barry kneels down behind the Savitar suit, his back opens up, and out steps SARA DIGGLE.

God, Sara Diggle would've been a better choice than Future Barry.

Ricker

Just watched it...great episode,watching Killer Frost surfing on ice around town was very well done,reminded me of Iceman in the old X-Men team of Cyclops,Angel, Beast and Jean Grey....pretty cool.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I think Arrow and Flash need to switch the types of villains they have.

Arrow really could use some more balls to the wall Metas. The sort of shit that gives Barry legit trouble.

Flash on the other hand needs more grounded villains. Normal humans who through skill, planning or technology present a threat to Barry.

Except people complain when those characters hit Flash.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Savitar is a big ball of why you show, not tell.

It's almost a lock they didn't know where they were going from his first appearance.

That's almost certainly not true. This story is what they had originally thought up for Zoom before they went the fake Jay Garrick route.

I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, but some version of this was most likely in the cards since last season.

The only thing I can see as an explanation for why Savitar Barry would kill Iris is that it is an alternate future version of Barry that lost everything (maybe Iris) at a different point in time. He went crazy and became Savitar. But at some point Savitar Barry decides that he is better as Savitar and needs to become that version of himself sooner than he did in his timeline, so he goes back and kills Iris to make it happen sooner. Him getting Barry's memories is similar to what happened to Barry in Flashpoint.

That's not a good justification by any means, but it's the only one I can come up with that kind of makes sense.

ZeroX03

Banned
If Savitar truly is the first speedster as Jay claims, then Barry is the first speedster and potentially the source of the Speed Force? How long has Jay been a speedster, or is Barry's Speed Force an eternal presence through time and the multiverse (as speedsters still have speed before Barry was born as we saw in Legends, except when Eobard didn't in S1). Thank god they don't gotta explain this shit.

Pics_nao

If Savitar truly is the first speedster as Jay claims, then Barry is the first speedster and potentially the source of the Speed Force? How long has Jay been a speedster, or is Barry's Speed Force an eternal presence through time and the multiverse (as speedsters still have speed before Barry was born as we saw in Legends, except when Eobard didn't in S1). Thank god they don't gotta explain this shit.

Isn't that the case in the comics?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If Savitar truly is the first speedster as Jay claims, then Barry is the first speedster and potentially the source of the Speed Force?

That tracks with the comic version for the most part.

Barry is the Speedforce (and I imagine the show will still end with him becoming the bolt of lightning that hits himself in the pilot). Once the Speedforce was created, it spread throughout time and space, existing even before Barry created it.

So, basically, SPEEDFORCE AIN'T GOTTA EXPLAIN SHIT.

Caelus

How long has Jay been a speedster, or is Barry's Speed Force an eternal presence through time and the multiverse (as speedsters still have speed before Barry was born as we saw in Legends, except when Eobard didn't in S1). Thank god they don't gotta explain this shit.

I think Barry's accident created the Speedforce, but the Speedforce exists as a multidimensional entity and quantity, so his creation of it in the 21st century also led to its simultaneous existence from the beginning to the end of time. So while he's technically the 'first' speedster by way of creating the speedforce, who knows who might have tapped into it in the past.

Except people complain when those characters hit Flash.

People complain about Barry losing to those guys when he should've won and only winning due to the Power of Peptalks and also remembering that he's the fastest man alive and has a ludicrously broken power set.

Sticking high power metas in Arrow wouldn't produce the same issues, since nobody would expect him to win his first bout, and the character has a toolset better suited to come-from-behind wins anyway.

LionPride

Banned
I mean, Barry literally becomes the lightning that strikes himself in the comics so...

ZeroX03

Banned
#EobardWasRight

3790427-6255790171-qvWcO.gif

Skii

I don't really understand how Savitar gets the reputation as the first speedster and the god of speed that seemingly precedes everything that creates him in that timeline.

Now that Savitar is future Barry, everything about him doesnt make sense. That's the Flash I know and love (from season 2 onwards).

Top Bottom