• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

So that was Mirror Master scratching "ALCHEMY" into the mirror (from the other side), right? If so I can only assume they're working together and are putting together a team of villains with the The Rival being one of them.

So that was Mirror Master scratching "ALCHEMY" into the mirror (from the other side), right? If so I can only assume they're working together and are putting together a team of villains with the The Rival being one of them.

Could be cool if he's a creepy version who uses mirrors to change things from one universe to resemble another, like turning Claris into The Rival. Might also explain the shot of Caitlin ' s hand in the trailer.

Phyranion

We need more speedsters! What about these two?
mas%2By%2Bmenos.png

WedgeX

Banned
Caught up today. It was meh. Barry's...not so bright. I love that Reverse Flash called him out on this. Definitely could have been two-three episodes and probably would have been fine. But instead it felt rushed and all over the place with no room for the new timeline characters to breath.

I assume Iris is a drug dealer now.

I thought the episode was fine, It was a decent try for doing their own version of flashpoint. Though my brother really hated it, he kept arguing that season 1 and 2 are pointless since it didn't happen, but I kept telling him they did since they showed the timeline still playing out, with changes of course but idk.

kmfdmpig

Caught up today. It was meh. Barry's...not so bright. I love that Reverse Flash called him out on this. Definitely could have been two-three episodes and probably would have been fine. But instead it felt rushed and all over the place with no room for the new timeline characters to breath.

I assume Iris is a drug dealer now.

I agree that it would have been better to spread out what they had in this episode over two episodes. It's hard to feel much for the characters when they're in and out so quickly.

Oof, Barry continues to do dumb things. Quelle surprise.

Thing is, Flashpoint isn't even over. Barry's still not in the right timeline, he totally keeps fucking up. Flashpoint is over for Thawne.

ZeroX03

Banned
#3.04 "The New Rogues" Synopsis
WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH — Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) and when a new meta human, Mirror Master (guest star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has teamed up with his old partner, Top (guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry’s orders which results in disastrous consequences.
Jesse Quick sucked in the comics when Wally was supposed to train her too. Then again she was mostly just a pawn for Bart's improvement.

Joni

I like the casting for the villains, it will be interesting to find out how they fit. The other rogues have looked older for the moment

oti

Banned
Not feeling the first episode. The alternate timeline was uninteresting, the new villain seems dumb and getting the old villain back is all sorts of meh.

So why did Barry decide it was worth going back to his own timeline again? Couldn't he have recorded some shit for himself and just decided not to use his speed again and lived a happy life?

Yeah I think it was more Wally hugging Barry which means time travel fuckery probably lead to Joe's wife sticking around at least a little longer for him to be born and then maybe Iris ended up going with her mother.

Which then writes out that pseudo incest mess.

It is hard to write a character that has such a glaring advantage over most enemies.

Yet it seems so easy to disregard any development Barry has gone through to make dumb for the plot. Barry has advantage, but there are plenty of enemies that can outmaneuver him one way or another.

Joni

Yeah I think it was more Wally hugging Barry which means time travel fuckery probably lead to Joe's wife sticking around at least a little longer for him to be born and then maybe Iris ended up going with her mother.

Which then writes out that pseudo incest mess.
No wally clearly looks dumb fucked so I don't think they are close. It seems more like whatever happened with Iris is recent.

Just finished watching episode 1.
That timeline wasn't that bad. He should've just stuck with it. It seems like maybe he shouldn't just fuck with time anymore. Ni matter if he goes back and fixes it, something would still be different. Choose a timeline and stick with it.

Just finished watching episode 1.
That timeline wasn't that bad. He should've just stuck with it. It seems like maybe he shouldn't just fuck with time anymore. Ni matter if he goes back and fixes it, something would still be different. Choose a timeline and stick with it.

Not necessarily. Flashpoint was losing both Flashes so in essence, Flashpoint rogues would be taking over the world. They didn't have anymore heroes (from what we were shown and know). Compared to other timelines we've had, Flashpoint was definitely the worst possible outcome so far.

I'm guessing this season will focus on time shenanigans and Barry finally learning not to mess with time or until he learns how to time travel better.

Not necessarily. Flashpoint was losing both Flashes so in essence, Flashpoint rogues would be taking over the world. They didn't have anymore heroes (from what we were shown and know). Compared to other timelines we've had, Flashpoint was definitely the worst possible outcome so far.

I'm guessing this season will focus on time shenanigans and Barry finally learning not to mess with time or until he learns how to time travel better.

He might've still lived. It seemed the best to me. All those people who died by Zoom that no longer happened. Bad move Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight.

#3.02 "Paradox"
THE AFTERMATH — Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes the effects from Flashpoint are much greater than he thought. Meanwhile, Barry meets new co-worker Julian Albert (Tom Felton) and is surprised by Julian’s immediate disdain for Harry. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing.
fla302a-0115b-202036.jpg

Also here's some Rival concept art that looks much better in drawing than execution.

Top Bottom