• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

ZeroX03

Banned
#3.06 "Shade" Synopsis
WALLY HAS VISIONS OF BEING KID FLASH — When Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) starts having dreams about being Kid Flash, Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes he has to tell Wally, Iris (Candice Patton) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) about what happened to Wally in Flashpoint in order to keep him safe. JJ Makaro directed the episode written by Emily Silver & David Kob.

Does Cisco keep that pic of him an Canary framed on his work station? Cause if he doesn't, he really should.

Can Black Canary join Team Flash?

I mean, evil Black Canary? Who is more fun and sexy than leathered up Black Canary.

Who is also dead now? Why? Did Katie Cassidy piss someone off?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I'm amazed that there hasnt been any Harry Potter lines yet.

They did give him a line that makes no sense but as a Harry Potter nod at the very least.

"He calls himself Alchemy"
"Alchemy? Do you believe in MAGIC Allen!?!"

I bet that Harry Potter dude is Alchemy on top of it all.

Volimar

She is a universe regular now. She will show up again.

I just realized I really really want evil Canary to come on and try to teach Caitlin how to be evil and embrace her Killer Frost-ness. Watching goodie Caitlin try to be evil by knocking over garbage cans and not recycle to the shagrin of Katie Cassidy. That'd be good television.

Corpekata

Banned
Evil version is dead too? Did they kill her on Legends or something? Last I recall was just her getting thrown into the meta prison.

Joni

I just realized I really really want evil Canary to come on and try to teach Caitlin how to be evil and embrace her Killer Frost-ness. Watching goodie Caitlin try to be evil by knocking over garbage cans and not recycle to the shagrin of Katie Cassidy. That'd be good television.
Now I will be disappointed when the real thing happens.

I got caught up on this show through the magic of Netflix and the CW app and... am I missing something?

Barry went back in time and got tachyon suit tech from old Thawne/Wells, went forward in time and was/is now faster than Zoom ("four times faster" than pre-tachyon Barry), they never mention his suit is now way more super, and now every new Speedster that shows up is "almost as fast" as Barry. But he's still wearing the tachyon suit? So if he takes off the suit or the tachyon enhancement gets damaged in some way, are Jesse Quick and The Rival (for example) actually faster than un-enhanced suit Flash?

I'm assuming he's still got Dwarf Star Alloy threaded into the torso as well, unless it was destroyed in some way by Griffin Grey.

I'm not usually one to get caught up on minutiae like this either. This show is turning me into a monster. Haha.

The DCTV universe makes my head hurt. Probably in part because I'm watching the shows out of sync.

David Hayter's appearance was sure something, though. A nice nerd nod.

I got caught up on this show through the magic of Netflix and the CW app and... am I missing something?

Barry went back in time and got tachyon suit tech from old Thawne/Wells, went forward in time and was/is now faster than Zoom ("four times faster" than pre-tachyon Barry), they never mention his suit is now way more super, and now every new Speedster that shows up is "almost as fast" as Barry. But he's still wearing the tachyon suit? So if he takes off the suit or the tachyon enhancement gets damaged in some way, are Jesse Quick and The Rival (for example) actually faster than un-enhanced suit Flash?

I'm assuming he's still got Dwarf Star Alloy threaded into the torso as well, unless it was destroyed in some way by Griffin Grey.

I'm not usually one to get caught up on minutiae like this either. This show is turning me into a monster. Haha.

The DCTV universe makes my head hurt. Probably in part because I'm watching the shows out of sync.

David Hayter's appearance was sure something, though. A nice nerd nod.

Word of advice: Don't get caught up in trying to figure out how fast Flarrowverse Speedster's are. All of their speed's are inconsistent. One scene we have Barry as fast as Jesse Quick, another scene we see Barry move faster than light i.e., talking to Joe and Iris and taking a photograph. Their definition of "Mach 3" is basically fast as shit.

Supposedly, Barry is Mach 20+ after he came out of the Speed Force. Tachyon device made him Mach 12, Zoom was Mach 8 and then he stole Barry's speed during the tachyon device event, upped Zoom's speed to Mach 20 or something along those speeds. Barry lost all his speed, entered the Speed Force, regained it, nearly matched or surpassed Zoom's top speed which should make Barry at or around Mach 20+.

Tl;dr Barry is as fast as the plot demands.

Realeza

Banned
Word of advice: Don't get caught up in trying to figure out how fast Flarrowverse Speedster's are. All of their speed's are inconsistent. One scene we have Barry as fast as Jesse Quick, another scene we see Barry move faster than light i.e., talking to Joe and Iris and taking a photograph. Their definition of "Mach 3" is basically fast as shit.

Supposedly, Barry is Mach 20+ after he came out of the Speed Force. Tachyon device made him Mach 12, Zoom was Mach 8 and then he stole Barry's speed during the tachyon device event, upped Zoom's speed to Mach 20 or something along those speeds. Barry lost all his speed, entered the Speed Force, regained it, nearly matched or surpassed Zoom's top speed which should make Barry at or around Mach 20+.

Tl;dr Barry is as fast as the plot demands.

This some DBZ power levels shit.

caliph95

Mike: Snart what does the scouter say about his speed level.

Seriously his speed is never consistent one second he is travelling across the city in an instant and another second is him trying to keep up with some knives.

ZeroX03

Banned
80 years of superheroes and people are still trying to wrap their heads around power levels smh.

Then again we've had over a hundred years of time travel stories and people still try and apply logic to a literally impossible concept. And shows like Flash and Legends combine the two. Yeah.

Shut off your brain and enjoy the ride people!

It wasn't a power levels thing, more of a giant plot hole with massive power escalation attached. Normally I'm able to suspend belief easily, but I binge watched and it was a relatively fast sequence of episodes, about 4? Until the tachyon upgrade is completely forgotten.

Xenoboy

It wasn't a power levels thing, more of a giant plot hole with massive power escalation attached. Normally I'm able to suspend belief easily, but I binge watched and it was a relatively fast sequence of episodes, about 4? Until the tachyon upgrade is completely forgotten.

Isn't the Tachyon device always on him, like on the emblem?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm sure it'd be fun for them since the actresses are roommates. Lol

strafer

CVufwz1.jpg

Excellent

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
If he didn't used against Zoom when the multiverse is at risk, he is not going to use it now.

It just kinda magically vanished once he decided to give Zoom his speed. It was never mentioned after that.

Then the Speed Force scolded him and gave him balance and perspective for 30 minutes. So he probably thinks such a device is morally wrong now.

Sort of, kind of.... Yeah.

I don't think Barry needs the tachyon device now that he is, essentially, full of Speed Force :/

If we go by the comics, comic spoiler
Barry is the sole generator of the Speed Force. Where ever he goes, he generates Speed Force. He is the Speed Force. Without him, the Speed Force will weaken and deteriorate.

It seems like the writer's are hinting at this and I don't mind it.

I'm flusterring myself again.... I need to stop.

80 years of superheroes and people are still trying to wrap their heads around power levels smh.

Then again we've had over a hundred years of time travel stories and people still try and apply logic to a literally impossible concept. And shows like Flash and Legends combine the two. Yeah.

Shut off your brain and enjoy the ride people!

It's a crap excuse though. "Writing has always been bad so keep it bad".

That is not how you produce something good. All the time mechanics being out of whack and inconsistent just makes anything time related fail at being dramatic because the answer is just arsepull, and there is only one thing that comes out of arses.

Holy Shit, I just realized the actor playing Clariss was Caesar on Spartacus. That makes it 6 Spartacus Actors in the Arrowverse so far.

Manu Bennett
Katrina Law
Cynthia Addai Robinson
Liam McIntyre
Nick Tarabay
Todd Lascance

Joni

Holy Shit, I just realized the actor playing Clariss was Caesar on Spartacus. That makes it 6 Spartacus Actors in the Arrowverse so far.

Manu Bennett
Katrina Law
Cynthia Addai Robinson
Liam McIntyre
Nick Tarabay
Todd Lascance

You forgot one minor one: Stephen Amell; runner up to replace Andy.
Too bad Berlanti never brought over Simon Merrells from The Tomorrow People.

ZeroX03

Banned
Jorok why you posting open spoilers?

New episode tonight if you can't tell. I WONDER WHO THE SURPRISE GUEST CHARACTER WILL BE

#3.05 "Monster"
Episode Promo
CAITLIN CALLS ON HER MOTHER FOR HELP WITH HER GROWING META POWERS — Desperate to understand what is happening to her, Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) visits her mother, Dr. Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), a renowned biomedical researcher, in the hopes that her mother can provide some answers about Caitlin’s growing meta-human powers before another one of her boyfriends dies as a result. However, when Dr. Tannhauser treats her daughter like a test subject, Caitlin grows cold and brings up past wounds causing the two to have a major blowout. Meanwhile, after a mysterious new meta-human attacks Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) tries to convince Julian (Tom Felton) to let him assist on the case.
The_Flash_03_05_09.jpg

Top Bottom