• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

The synopsis for S03E04 is up.

TJOeteo.jpg

Llw4qrv.jpg

Lmao

Joni

If I was turning into my evil double, I might also not tell the people that lock them up in tiny rooms without toilet.

Parshias7

I thought I'd look up what Earth 19 was in the comics in case it had some clue to the new Wells. It turns out Earth 19 is the Gotham by Gaslight universe. So... nothing really happening there I guess.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I'd look up what Earth 19 was in the comics in case it had some clue to the new Wells. It turns out Earth 19 is the Gotham by Gaslight universe. So... nothing really happening there I guess.
Yeah, it would've been kinda cool to see them actually stick to what the real alternate Earth's are in the comics.

Supergirl's been knocking it out of the park this season. It's easily the best of the shows right now, with Arrow being a surprisingly close second. Flash is running behind, but you know, it's due for being awful, since it's season 3. We'll see if any of the Arrowverse shows can escape that curse.

Joni

Supergirl's been knocking it out of the park this season. It's easily the best of the shows right now, with Arrow being a surprisingly close second. Flash is running behind, but you know, it's due for being awful, since it's season 3. We'll see if any of the Arrowverse shows can escape that curse.
I wouldn't even compare them. Arrow came down from a great season while Flash is still cleaning up the mess of season 2.

Why's every one hating on Flash all of a sudden? Am I the only one enjoying it?

I'm enjoying it fine. I just think it's the weakest Arrowverse show this season so far. Maybe better than Legends, but that show has such a different scope and feel from the other 3; it's hard to lump it in with them sometimes.

Hobbun

I can't speak for last night's episode, as I haven't seen it yet. However, I haven't liked Flash this season so far due to Barry staying in this altered, but now apparently normal, timeline. Can't stand Julian (Tom Felton), the new somber/depressed Cisco, the hint of Caitlin
being Killer Frost
or just everything that has been established with character interaction and development for the first couple of seasons is now thrown out the window.

tmdorsey

re:Caitlin hiding her powers from everyone. I wonder if it has to do with her worrying about the team thinking/assuming she will turn evil like Earth 2's Killer Frost?

I mean hell her name even suggests she's supposed to be a killer. LOL

Poyunch

I can't speak for last night's episode, as I haven't seen it yet. However, I haven't liked Flash this season so far due to Barry staying in this altered, but now apparently normal, timeline. Can't stand Julian (Tom Felton), the new somber/depressed Cisco, the hint of Caitlin
being Killer Frost
or just everything that has been established with character interaction and development for the first couple of seasons is now thrown out the window.

Welp. You should probably watch last night's episode.

Mory Dunz

This ep had some funny moments. And some unintentionally funny moments. And some wtf moments.

All the relationships on this show are so bad/awkward. This was like the ep of weird kissing scenes. Including the criminals.
I think Barry the actor doesn't like Iris or something. I'm not gonna make gifs or whatever but looking at his body language whenever they're really close tells the story. It's just off enough. In general, not just the scenes when Joe was in the room.

Then Wally...well he plain can't act so any relationship is going to be weird.

And WHY bring another Wells? And tell him your secrets? Wat? The other one betrayed you to zoom at one point remember?

villain was actually alright this ep. I enjoyed it.

Xenoboy

It is the type of people deluding themselves that zoom was a good villain last year.

I'd say Zoom had a lot of awesome moments, but his motives were weak. I didn't have a problem with him being Hunter and impersonating Jay Garrick, but some things like the time remnant and shit was weird and the finale was sort of a letdown, at least the big fight since I thought they were gonna race through earths.

Otherwise, this season hasn't been bad and Barry hasn't really been as bad as people claim him to be this season. Ever since returning from Flashpoint it's been better.
On another note, I'm very excited for what they have in store for Caitlin. Will she become evil or not, from previews and beyond
all we have is to wait for episode 7 to get answers and I'm looking forward to meeting her mom and alleged brother (believe)

I thought the villains of the week were okay, I liked their powers and they can do some really interesting stuff with the Top too in conjunction with other metas. Mirror Master was charming, I thought, but he has big shoes to fill if he is going to recur in future episodes after Snart and Heatwave. Overall, I like this season, I feel like it's going down a more mysterious and investigative path this season, with Julian and the CSI.

Because Barry has become worse and worse of a main character as the series progressed.
Arrow at its absolute worst(wayyyyyy worse than Flash could ever reach) at least Ollie remained decent.

caliph95

It is the type of people deluding themselves that zoom was a good villain last year.
Honestly Zoom was sort of cool when he was just some monster and got cool moments. Then he stopped being interesting and threatening the more we learned from him. Doesn't helped that due to the breaks the reveal took longer than it need to. He was also saddled with the dumb jay and time remnant stuff and then they rushed the end with him suddenly wanting to destroy the multiverse.I honestly don't miss him especially compared to Reverse Flash.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I cannot believe that finding a new Wells was a legitimate plot point in this episode.

This show is insanity.

I thought "how will they keep Wells as a series regular this season"?

And they managed to take the most ridiculous route. Kinda hoping Jessie dies, Wells 2 gets lonely then comes back permanently.

caliph95

I thought "how will they keep Wells as a series regular this season"?

And they managed to take the most ridiculous route. Kinda hoping Jessie dies, Wells 2 gets lonely then comes back permanently.
No then we get mopey Wells instead of fun Wells.

Joni

Honestly Zoom was sort of cool when he was just some monster and got cool moments. Then he stopped being interesting and threatening the more we learned from him. Doesn't helped that due to the breaks the reveal took longer than it need to. He was also saddled with the dumb jay and time remnant stuff and then they rushed the end with him suddenly wanting to destroy the multiverse.I honestly don't miss him especially compared to Reverse Flash.
Jay as zoom was indeed the moment he went from alpha to beta villain.

WedgeX

Banned
re:Caitlin hiding her powers from everyone. I wonder if it has to do with her worrying about the team thinking/assuming she will turn evil like Earth 2's Killer Frost?

I mean hell her name even suggests she's supposed to be a killer. LOL

As someone said before, who wants to wind up in Team Flash's containment boxes.

Cisco hasn't even invented a feeding system!

probably because the main character of the show is the absolute worst, bringing in stupid relationship nonsense that plagued Arrow for two seasons. (coincidentally the worst two seasons of Arrow)

Iris in the 230 different universes that have existed in this show has thrown herself at Barry in every single one and he still can't just be an actual normal person and be with her. even wally got his shit together, and it all happened in one episode.

"i dont want this cuz you're leaving to earth 2"

"nevermind yea i do I'm a dumbass sorry about earlier. Please don't think im a dumb fuck like barry"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Caitlin hiding her powers makes no sense. Cisco used his abilities in this episode and he had an evil metahuman doppelganger as well. Not to mention they seem okay with letting metahumans just be if they don't plan on running wild. Magenta is a mentally unstable teenager and she just got to roam free with a new life unsupervised with her abilities. Let's not even go into how it's a retread of Cisco hiding his emerging meta abilities last season.

The whole thing is plotted to waste time. Like Earth 2 Wells obviously having figured it out but deciding to just drop a cryptic hint instead of just saying something.

They're leaning heavy on the CW SECRETS stuff that nobody likes.

Kard8p3

Caitlin hiding her powers makes no sense. Cisco used his abilities in this episode and he had an evil metahuman doppelganger as well. Not to mention they seem okay with letting metahumans just be if they don't plan on running wild. Magenta is a mentally unstable teenager and she just got to roam free with a new life unsupervised with her abilities. Let's not even go into how it's a retread of Cisco hiding his emerging meta abilities last season.

The whole thing is plotted to waste time. Like Earth 2 Wells obviously having figured it out but deciding to just drop a cryptic hint instead of just saying something.

They're leaning heavy on the CW SECRETS stuff that nobody likes.

Ehh, if this continues only a few more episodes I won't care. Throwing Snow with her powers into the fray this early into a season might be heaping too much on at once.

Now, if this shit lasts half a season or all season... I'll be angry.

Cafeman

I liked this episode the best of season 4. Everybody was clicking with each other. I loved the Flash & Jesse running scenes on the buildings. I liked Snart and Scudder too.

Complain about plotting, but my beef is why did Barry
need mirrors to defeat Mirror Master? Couldn't he have superspeeded up and put on handcuffs without all the tomfoolery?

I suppose that question goes for every villain though, but its hard to ignore it.

I'm not hating it, but up until the last episode, it's been the weakest of all the superheroes shows this season.

Arrow and Supergirl are on point, Legends is leaning into the nonsense, and no one watches Gotham.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ehh, if this continues only a few more episodes I won't care. Throwing Snow with her powers into the fray this early into a season might be heaping too much on at once.

Now, if this shit lasts half a season or all season... I'll be angry.

Zero can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Episode 7 is called "Killer Frost." Now I don't know if that is just a big reveal episode and the start of her arc or maybe the end of SECRETS. I'm actually digging Caitlin more this season than last. And if they somehow move her into an antagonist role, this will be worth it. Just all the weird teasing and hiding seems pointless. Barry could've just come into this timeline where Snow has powers but doesn't like using them. And maybe she's just a little more curt about things. It depends on where they're going with it. They obviously have a place where they want to land with this, so it could end up being a good story for the show.

Magwik

Banned
I liked this episode the best of season 4. Everybody was clicking with each other. I loved the Flash & Jesse running scenes on the buildings. I liked Snart and Scudder too.

Complain about plotting, but my beef is why did Barry
need mirrors to defeat Mirror Master? Couldn't he have superspeeded up and put on handcuffs without all the tomfoolery?

I suppose that question goes for every villain though, but its hard to ignore it.
Whats the point of handcuffing someone who can move freely between fucking mirrors and windows?

ZeroX03

Banned
Zero can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Episode 7 is called "Killer Frost." Now I don't know if that is just a big reveal episode and the start of her arc or maybe the end of SECRETS. I'm actually digging Caitlin more this season than last. And if they somehow move her into an antagonist role, this will be worth it. Just all the weird teasing and hiding seems pointless. Barry could've just come into this timeline where Snow has powers but doesn't like using them. And maybe she's just a little more curt about things. It depends on where they're going with it. They obviously have a place where they want to land with this, so it could end up being a good story for the show.

Correct, and next episode will have Caitlin's mother too. She's getting a non boyfriend related arc that lasts a couple of episodes. Let her have it folks.

Joni

I'm not hating it, but up until the last episode, it's been the weakest of all the superheroes shows this season.

Arrow and Supergirl are on point, Legends is leaning into the nonsense, and no one watches Gotham.

And nobody even remembers Lucifer.

LQX

Ugh, already sick of Iris and Barry's relationship because of the fact they have to remind us of it every 10 minutes. Lets hope we get less of that.

Mashing

Ironically that is the best of the bunch right now.

Edit: I probably shoudln't make a comment like that without seeing the current seasons of the other superhero shows. I apologize.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Flash started with two depressing episodes that couldn't live up to the source material, then two fun but generally meaningless fillers. Last episode was fine, but it didn't help that Mirror Master and The Top were clearly nothing on Cold's presence.

Supergirl came in swinging with the big guy and a new status quo, renewed energy and a strong direction. Still struggling with villains and a place for some of the supporting characters.

Legends is apparently becoming a comedy, which works for what it is.

Arrow is on fire where every element of the show is strong and working in tandem. It's avoided the filler effect nimbly. God knows how long it will last - strong start weak finish has been a pattern for the last few seasons - but it's easily my most anticipated DC TV show currently.

Jane the Virgin is better than all of them.

Top Bottom