• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Xenoboy

It feels like Caitlin is affected by Alchemy, since she has that split personality going on, but I dunno. I liked her stuff this week, and am hoping for more. Bullshit that her brother didn't get brought up, unless he is Alchemy. Episode was overall enjoyable, but they could have done without the monster and brought in some other threat for Julien to come to his enlightenment.
I am really curious how they are going to do with Caitlin this season, at least we have some more episodes before her focus episode.

Next episode looks sick, maybe this season's Enter Zoom?

It feels like Caitlin is affected by Alchemy, since she has that split personality going on, but I dunno. I liked her stuff this week, and am hoping for more. Bullshit that her brother didn't get brought up, unless he is Alchemy. Episode was overall enjoyable, but they could have done without the monster and brought in some other threat for Julien to come to his enlightenment.
I am really curious how they are going to do with Caitlin this season, at least we have some more episodes before her focus episode.

Next episode looks sick, maybe this season's Enter Zoom?
Actually, since you brought it up, I wonder what Wally's split personality would be if he goes the Alchemy path, since he's actually a good guy in Flashpoint.

Ithil

Everything with Caitlyn and her mother seemed very choppy and rushed. All of the intended emotional beats came off as really unnatural, even stilted.

I enjoyed Caitlin's "I'm the patient!" scene with her mother. I can't wait for the big reveal (to the group). Now that Julian has fallen under Barry's charm spell its up to Caitlin to remind him of the bullshit he pulled.

Kreisberg also worked on Warehouse 13 where the scientific genius HG Wells invented stuff for her stupid brother to write about. He is now doing that HG Wells story from the point of the stupid brother.

I loved Wells on Warehouse 13 and didn't know the two shows had a connection. This makes me appreciate HR even more.

ZeroX03

Banned
With Cisco they were pretty explicit with why he didn't want to tell STAR Labs he had powers, he thought they could be ignored and he was resentful of Eobard's influence and thought they'd turn him bad.

If Caitlin is afraid of becoming Killer Frost after what she did, that's not something they've really delved into, which especially odd considering how ham fisted and blatant the rest of that plot and dialogue has been so far.

It'll all be out in two episodes anyway.

When they revealed the kid who was controlling the hologram, I thought the shock was that he was the first overweight non-model to ever appear on a CW program.

Poyunch

The real reason for this stretched out Killer Frost stuff is they needed to do something with Caitlin and having her fall in love with a partner that would eventually die seemed excessive for a third time.

this episode is the definition of spinning your wheels

Caitlyn just needs to die or come out the ice closet already.

Does anybody get the feeling that they might be setting Malfoy up to be a member of the Flash team? that monologue he gave Barry before the end just seemed like that could possibly happen by the end of the season.

Poyunch

Does anybody get the feeling that they might be setting Malfoy up to be a member of the Flash team? that monologue he gave Barry before the end just seemed like that could possibly happen by the end of the season.

Before he revealed his family backstory I was really hoping for some Godspeed shenanigans.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I could see it. It would certainly add a fresh dynamic to Team Flash. Well sorta. Wells in Season 1 and 2 wasn't openly antagonistic towards Barry most of the time but he had conflicting motives. I think Julian being on the team would be nice because he might call Barry out on being such an immature man-child.

As for Dr. Snow....I'm conflicted. She was in desperate need of some characterization that went beyond crying about a dead boyfriend. What we're getting feels a little rushed, but it seems to be building towards something big within in the show. So she might come out the other end as a better character. Snow becoming cold & clinical would be a little odd given how shes been in the show up until this point, so maybe this journey is to get her there. Her character would be better for it.

I know the central theme of the show is family, and Team Flash is essentially a surrogate family for most of the main cast. But every family has assholes in it. Everybody can't be positive and supportive 100% of the time. First, because it's not interesting tv. Secondly, it isn't realistic on a human level. So I'm totally cool with a Dr. Killer Frost who is essentially a more curt version of the Snow we have. Because otherwise her character is utterly pointless. You don't need 3 characters spouting off science mumbo jumbo exposition and telling Barry to run faster. I can already see a bit of cast bloat going on now, like they'll put a character into a weird situation just to justify them being in the episode. This week it was Iris being downtown and helping those people off the bus. There's a clear reluctance to explore non-superhero storylines because viewers seem to dislike those, but we have this big cast who sorta orbits around the same type of stuff week to week. At least Joe is getting laid though, the man deserves it!

As weak as I feel Season 3 has been up until this point, I appreciate that the plots feel like they're in service to The Flash and not outside shows or the crossover. Killer Frost belongs to The Flash show. Jigsaw or whatever belongs to The Flash. Last season the early episodes of Flash and Arrow lost a lot because they had to build up Legends of Tomorrow, and then shift back to their own thing. I don't get the impression the same thing is happening here, which is nice.

Joni

So he is faking it and will become Savitar by episode 15?

Skux

I liked that there was no "bad guy" this episode. Even the monster was a hologram made by a bullied kid, and mainly served to get Julian and Barry talking to each other.

Episode description for Kevin Smith's Episode

THE FLASH “Killer Frost”— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; KILLER FROST EMERGES — Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart talk. Kevin Smith directed the episode with story by Judalina Neira and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Brooke Roberts (#307). Original airdate 11/22/2016.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Was that a Fringe reference? Talking about coffee being wiped out by the blight?

No wonder I hate that guy.

That would be perfect. Get him on the team, then it turns out he's ALCHEMY. It'd fit well with the usual big bad pattern in the show.

ZeroX03

Banned
Remember folks, no new Flash today. Remember to send a message that says television shows shouldn't be preeempted by not voting.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm in a swing state that hasn't "swung" in over two decades, but I'll be out there. Pleading with people to get out there and tell The CW that they can't put iZombie as a midseason show in 2018. The future of America (Vancouver is in the US now right?) is at stake.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can't wait to see the television output of Cascadia if Trump wins. Shame it'll be considered imports and taxed bigly.

Volimar

I'm in a swing state that hasn't "swung" in over two decades, but I'll be out there. Pleading with people to get out there and tell The CW that they can't put iZombie as a midseason show in 2018. The future of America (Vancouver is in the US now right?) is at stake.

Seriously. I'm in Liv withdrawal.

Definitely won't be voting tomorrow
cuz I voted on Saturday.

Top Bottom