• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Now Barry will know how it is to face a master of the Speed Force besides Thawne. Comic spoilers
Savitar can manipulate the Speed Force and make himself invisible.

Savitar is fast and he looks fast and scary. That was an awesome turn of events. But I agree with Thawne besides his jealousy of another evil Speedster taking his spot right now in The Flash. Savitar isn't that special unless they bring in Max Mercury and Johnny Quick.

Nevermind about Francrisco turning evil. It might just be that she needs her heat source to not turn evil. Someone whose name starts with an R but last name is, is dead.

Effect

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love Flash in general but the last few episodes while good haven't been that great. This season also started off kinda weak I feel with high moments. I felt fully engaged this episode and the ending left me shocked and wanting MORE. Maybe it's because this is the stuff (Wally and his speed, Caitlin's powers, direct focus on getting to Alchemy, etc) I've been waiting for them to finally address directly. I've surprisingly enjoyed the other shows more this season for various reasons. Though if I'm being honest that's more due to them stepping their game up, maybe firing some past writers, then anything else.

I love flash but I will admit the season has been slow so far, which isn't necessarily bad, hopefully it picks up after the 4 night crossover. Glad the other shows are doing well though.

I'm bored of seeing Flash getting beat every episode. It's like the Justice League cartoon all over again.

What do you think a 23 episode a season television show will be?

He's going to job for a decade. Accept it now.

Pretty much. I've come to terms with it. To ease it, I make jokes about Barry or whoever is jobbing. I can guarantee you that Barry will be a jobber in the movie. Our fastest and strongest Flash is from Fox Marvel and I'm fine with that :p

Yeah this season is oddly enough dealing with too much Flashpoint baggage and what makes it so bad is that it shouldn't be baggage at all.

The only good thing about this is Caitlin going Frost and being angry at Barry for fucking with Time.

Dereck

QFRE6av.gif

Got 'em

Dunlop

The only good thing about this is Caitlin going Frost and being angry at Barry for fucking with Time.

She should be all of the deaths of the last 2 seasons and waves of super villains are because of Barry and his mommy issues fucking with time and reality.

He's the biggest supe villain of them all

Karak

She should be all of the deaths of the last 2 seasons and waves of super villains are because of Barry and his mommy issues fucking with time and reality.

He's the biggest supe villain of them all

So wait. So she goes evil tonight? I liked the older dynamic sadly. Not everyone needs to blame someone even if they are the cause of those issues. I mean technically everyone would just be bad guys and angry at Barry.... Hmmm.

So wait. So she goes evil tonight? I liked the older dynamic sadly. Not everyone needs to blame someone even if they are the cause of those issues. I mean technically everyone would just be bad guys and angry at Barry.... Hmmm.

She seems to go Evil Next Episode
but the this episode they hint with Caitlin that shes mad at Barry when they have their talk

Even then, everyone should have been angry at Barry. It was waaaay to easy for them to accept the fact that he actively fucked with everyone's lives.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know what it is about this season, but it feels messy.

Same. Although I guess after this episode, things are finally picking up, but all of the other CW shows (and AoS) have been hitting it out of the park in their respective seasons in comparison.

I don't know what it is about this season, but it feels messy.

Kinda hard to bounce back immediately after the ramifications of the last season finale.

I think the main reason Arrow is doing better for now is due to the fact that its finale was wiping the slate clean.

Corpekata

Banned
There have been some pretty fucking weak sauce villains of the week this season.

That does seem to be a common thing with the start of Flash seasons though.

Nabs

Kinda hard to bounce back immediately after the ramifications of the last season finale.

I think the main reason Arrow is doing better for now is due to the fact that its finale was wiping the slate clean.

I'm fine with the world being a mess, I just don't think the storytelling has been very good this year.

ZeroX03

Banned
Flash is just coming off as a spinning it's wheels. Uninspired. They doubled down on Flashpoint, which was kinda bland to begin with. It takes time to course correct though, everything being shot months in advance and all.

Not bad, just nothing to get excited about.

There have been some pretty fucking weak sauce villains of the week this season.

That does seem to be a common thing with the start of Flash seasons though.

Flash having an unmemorable Mirror Master and Top really hurt. At least they immediately told us that the traditional tech based incarnation existed too. Supergirl isn't doing any better.

Legends and Arrow though, baby those baddies.

Corpekata

Banned
Flash is just coming off as a spinning it's wheels. Uninspired. They doubled down on Flashpoint, which was kinda bland to begin with. It takes time to course correct though, everything being shot months in advance and all.

Not bad, just nothing to get excited about.

Flash having an unmemorable Mirror Master and Top really hurt. At least they immediately told us that the traditional tech based incarnation existed too. Supergirl isn't doing any better.

Legends and Arrow though, baby those baddies.

See, MM was arguably the highlight as far as villains of the week too so far, that's how weak things have been. Teenage Magneto wasn't all bad either but still kinda dull.

No more Shade, no more fucking kids that's really good at somehow projecting a virtual monster, or Rival. Good god I still can't believe they essentially gave the Rival two episodes in a row lol.

jb1234

Definitely one of the lamer metas of the week. Fortunately, the character work was relatively strong. Still not feeling HR or Alchemy.

inm8num2

This show's losing me. Can't put my finger on it, but some of these story lines just don't seem to be translating well from comic to small screen. It's messy. I'm sure there's a plan and things will work out by season's end, which is probably why I don't really care about what I'm watching. Feels like I'm in the process of mentally checking out from The Flash and Arrow. They're still good shows, though.

The scene with Wally saying he wants to be a speedster made me chuckle. I'm expecting a scene later this season with most of the characters all standing up one by one.

"I'm a speedster."
"No, I'm a speedster!"
1C1nLDi.jpg

Karak

She seems to go Evil Next Episode
but the this episode they hint with Caitlin that shes mad at Barry when they have their talk

Even then, everyone should have been angry at Barry. It was waaaay to easy for them to accept the fact that he actively fucked with everyone's lives.

Interesting. Continues with my thoughts that they have lost their way. Next Season Barry will just work out of a car and every person in on the planet will be the enemy lol

ZeroX03

Banned
We all thought the Hunter Zolomon Earth-1 reveal was way too obvious to make Jay = Zoom, so we played ourselves there. I mean his Albert is Alchemy's name, it's either him or some twist.

WedgeX

Banned
We all thought the Hunter Zolomon Earth-1 reveal was way too obvious to make Jay = Zoom, so we played ourselves there. I mean his Albert is Alchemy's name, it's either him or some twist.

Maybe Draco only becomes Alchemy when he sleeps? Hence why he wants to be a meta but doesn't remember.

Team Flash solution: Turn Draco into an insomniac.

Top Bottom