• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The biggest counter argument to the becoming Killer Frost will make me evil claim is that Cisco didn't become evil when he got his vibe powers.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Are they trying to say that her powers are literally making her evil. First, that's a bit of a cop-out. Second, that makes it shitty that they've killed and imprisoned other metahumans. Maybe their powers made them evil too. Third, if that isn't the implication, then she has full control over what's she doing so...what's the problem?

Joni

Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Are they trying to say that her powers are literally making her evil. First, that's a bit of a cop-out. Second, that makes it shitty that they've killed and imprisoned other metahumans. Maybe their powers made them evil too. Third, if that isn't the implication, then she has full control over what's she doing so...what's the problem?

But she doesn't have control. It is clear her power is manifesting without her controlling it, like when she attacked the dude at her mom's company.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You won't even need to watch Supergirl really. She's a standalone addition to the crossover. It's basically a three show crossover, and she just joins the team at the end of her episode.

But will her appearance in the other shows make sense if I don't watch her episode?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
But she doesn't have control. It is clear her power is manifesting without her controlling it, like when she attacked the dude at her mom's company.

She has to have some control, she chose to user her powers in front of Cisco and when Barry was in the mirror. She barely has a personality as is, at least her being in control and evil would be interesting. If she just gets to wreck havoc and they go "Lol, it was the powers" it would be extremely lame.

Joni

She has to have some control, she chose to user her powers in front of Cisco and when Barry was in the mirror. She barely has a personality as is, at least her being in control and evil would be interesting. If she just gets to wreck havoc and they go "Lol, it was the powers" it would be extremely lame.

She has some control, but the powers come out as well. Combine that with the other Killer Frost being evil and you can see why she is hesistant. Hell, Cisco was as well and he never lost control over his powers.

But if they've invented stuff for Barry and Cisco why not invent something for Caitlin?

They will do so, but they will have her evil for some time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Caitlin's fear of being evil seems to be better justified than Cisco, as her powers do affect her mood and are lethal to boot. If she requires a heat source to live, then yeah it's going to make things bad.

But will her appearance in the other shows make sense if I don't watch her episode?

They're just going to her world to grab her at the end of her episode. I mean you're not going to understand everything if you don't watch Supergirl, but it'll most likely be meaningless stuff.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
i got scared for a moment there, thought Savitar was going to fuck Joe up.

I don't know if I like his design, looks like a Michael Bay Transformer reject.

caliph95

Shade was such a letdown

I was hoping for a pimp cane and top hat
Same i was kind of secrelty hyped for shade. I don't get why the even called him shade when he is just a shitty version of Shadow thief more than shade.

I'm so mixed about the Caitlin and Cisco thing. On the other hand i'm happy Cisco ended it since the whole Killer Frost thing seems contrived and drama for the sake of drama. Especially when Caitlin is acting like the powers is a curse just because of Earth 2 when both Firestorm, Cisco, Laurel and Dante had evil counterparts and their both fine. They worked with good metahumans and there is little evidence that the powers turn you evil. At the same time Cisco was being a dick for outing her.

Error

Shade was such a letdown

I was hoping for a pimp cane and top hat

for real

Shade3.jpg

Another speedster big bad. Another masked villain whose identity will be the new character introduced this season.

On some level it takes balls for them to keep trying the same thing every season. But, it is lazy and boring writing.

Very disappointed in this season so far.

Mario007

Another speedster big bad. Another masked villain whose identity will be the new character introduced this season.

On some level it takes balls for them to keep trying the same thing every season. But, it is lazy and boring writing.

Very disappointed in this season so far.

I think the Flash writing team saw the huge success of the RF as this threatening villain who is better at everything Barry does and the idea of also it being someone close to Barry and the mystery surrounding his identity. Then they decided basically that if they want to repeat that success they should do it again.

Basically it's their only play in the book, and they're too afraid to do something else.

Arrow faced a similar dilema after S2, where two of the big bad were connected to Oliver and wanted him dead. They tried a different approach with S3 which didn't work as well as they thought it would at least they managed to keep it fresh.
Now we have our own masked villain on Arrow with secrets links to the Hood, but since this is the first time we're seeing a scenario like this, it works very well (almost as well and the RF).

Error

doubt savitar stays around for the entire season, probably a villain till the midseason finale.

he just isnt a compelling villain, I got hyped when HR mentioned Grodd. We need the Gorilla back.

Mario007

doubt savitar stays around for the entire season, probably a villain till the midseason finale.

he just isnt a compelling villain, I got hyped when HR mentioned Grodd. We need the Gorilla back.

Not to disappoint you but
Savitar and Alchemy are both confirmed as the big bads for the season

ZeroX03

Banned
Nothing would please me more than my big bad idea for season 3 coming true - Grodd mind controlling all the other villains - but it's very unlikely.

Error

If Savitar is a CGI'd big bad, then I don't get why they didn't just use Grodd for this season.

Regardless of the fact that another speedster is probably going to be the Big Bad this season (although I'm putting my money on the writers throwing us a swerve and there's gonna be something else behind Alchemy and Savitar)...

...how dope was the brief few seconds of Savitar's theme while he was holding up Barry? Looking forward to a full OST version of that.

Magwik

Banned
I can't really see them having the new character be the big bad again. Julian as alchemy? Way too easy. Id prefer to go back to some Speedforce bullshit. Also Savitar at least looks like what Zoom should have been; a force of evil.

So how is Barry going to beat (Michael Bay's) Savitar this time? Why will they race?

Maybe Barry will stop jobbing and learn to throw people in the Speed Force. Savitar thinks he knows how to use the Speed Force, Barry one ups him and traps him in an eternal hell in the Speed Force.

Or

Wally is the only one that can speed steal and steals all of Savitar's speed thus rendering Savitar immobile but witnessing everything that is still happening.

Or

They turn Savitar into what Zoom was supposed to be: not a speedster but the best time manipulator. He is a hybrid of comics Zoom and Savitar. If they do it then I have no idea if Barry and Co. can stop him. Hunter Zolomon Zoom has pretty hax powers and if they give it to Savitar..... Barry is in a world of hurt.

kmfdmpig

I think the Flash writing team saw the huge success of the RF as this threatening villain who is better at everything Barry does and the idea of also it being someone close to Barry and the mystery surrounding his identity. Then they decided basically that if they want to repeat that success they should do it again.

Basically it's their only play in the book, and they're too afraid to do something else.

I think you're right, but it's a shame that the feel that way as Flash has such a great rogues gallery.

Xenoboy

I'll say this, this season is looking to have another killer soundtrack. Those last five minutes of the last episode, groddamn...

Does anyone recognize Savitar's voice?

Top Bottom